Page 757 of 822 FirstFirst ... 257657707747753754755756757758759760761767807 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,355 of 12326
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Here's a question guys. For most movies and all the TV shows, I usually read some Marvel in preparation. It doesn't always have to be directly on point. For Ant Man and the Wasp, I read the original Ghost appearance through Armor Wars (however, for Iron Fist Season 2, I read Power Man and Iron Fist up to isuse #90).

For Captain Marvel, I have been reading the original Captain Marvel and the first volume of Ms. Marvel. The plan was to read Captain Marvel through issue 18 and then start Ms. Marvel. However, I'm wondering if I should read the Kree/Skrull War. More importantly, in preparation for Avengers Infinity War, I'm reading all of Volume 1 of the Avengers. In a month or two, I'll hit Operation Galactic Storm. Here's my question. Since I read that story about a year and a half ago, I was originally planning on skipping it since I remember it being overly long and meandering. However, with the revelation that Star Force is in the movie, I'm considering reading it again. Do people think I should go ahead and do that?
    I would definitely read the Kree/Skrull War again. Not only is it the inspiration for the plot of this movie, it feels like a direct continuation of Roy Thomas's work on Captain Marvel at the time.

Not sure about Galactic Storm, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I believe Mar-Vell was surgically altered in order to spy on the Earth.
    In Marvel Comics there are 2 races on the Kree homeplanet Hala, the blue skinned Kree and the pink/Caucasian appearing Kree.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kree#Biology

In the MCU, some Kree have been shown with the ability to shift colors to pass as human (Agents of SHIELD)
    http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Vin-Tak
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Star Force is from the comics.

Avengers: Operation Galactic Storm (it was the 90's...).

Captain Atlas
    Doctor Minerva
    Ronan the Accuser
    Supremor
    Ultimus
    Korath the Pursuer

The MCU team seems to be comics accurate too except for Carol's presence and the Supreme Intelligence's absence.
    Starforce’s introduction during Operation:Galactic Storm which told the story of the Kree/Shi’Ar war.
    8C40C47D-DEE1-4B69-9935-01E0E185C15A.jpg
    Ironically despite being arguably the best bridge between the Avengers (Kree) and X-Men (Shi’Ar) universes, Carol was barely featured in the crossover.

FEA2903E-6E55-4666-AA77-8B5B70C49812.jpg2CFB8FAC-1D81-462E-959A-14C05B9F5A3E.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-06-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    In Marvel Comics there are 2 races on the Kree homeplanet Hala, the blue skinned Kree and the pink/Caucasian appearing Kree.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kree#Biology

In the MCU, some Kree have been shown with the ability to shift colors to pass as human (Agents of SHIELD)
    http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Vin-Tak

Starforce’s introduction during Operation:Galactic Storm which told the story of the Kree/Shi’Ar war.
    8C40C47D-DEE1-4B69-9935-01E0E185C15A.jpg
    Ironically despite being arguably the best bridge between the Avengers (Kree) and X-Men (Shi’Ar) universes, Carol was barely featured in the crossover.

FEA2903E-6E55-4666-AA77-8B5B70C49812.jpg2CFB8FAC-1D81-462E-959A-14C05B9F5A3E.jpg
    On top of that, Carol's actions in Galactic Storm ended up costing Carol her hair! (It evenually grew back! )

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I would definitely read the Kree/Skrull War again. Not only is it the inspiration for the plot of this movie, it feels like a direct continuation of Roy Thomas's work on Captain Marvel at the time.

Not sure about Galactic Storm, though.
    The best part of Galactic Storm is when Binary and Quasar reignite the Sun. The rest is pretty bland.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

So what's your vote? I tend to agree, but I guarantee I'll read much worse stories as well.

ETA: Obviously, far and away the best version of Operation Galactic Storm is Earth's Mightiest Heroes (with an epic Hawkeye moment), but that's neither here nor there.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 09-06-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

You know who I'd like to see Carol interact with more? Richard Rider. I think there's some potential there that marvel hasn't seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So what's your vote? I tend to agree, but I guarantee I'll read much worse stories as well.

ETA: Obviously, far and away the best version of Operation Galactic Storm is Earth's Mightiest Heroes (with an epic Hawkeye moment), but that's neither here nor there.
    EMH pretty much had the best everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    You know who I'd like to see Carol interact with more? Richard Rider. I think there's some potential there that marvel hasn't seen yet.
    You would think they'd interact more given they're probably the most prominent Cosmic heroes (although I guess Carol is semi-cosmic) right now, setting aside Adam Warlock and the Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    EMH pretty much had the best everything .

You would think they'd interact more given they're probably the most prominent Cosmic heroes (although I guess Carol is semi-cosmic) right now, setting aside Adam Warlock and the Guardians.
    The most I've seen them interact is Marvel vs Capcom 4. As for the comics I guess it doesn't help that Rich was trapped in the cancerverse for a good portion of Carol's tenure as Captain Marvel.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I'm just now realizing that Carol was wearing a Nine Inch Nails shirt in that still. I am absolutely overjoyed that Carol is canonically a NIN fan.

Are we talking about Jude Law playing Yon Rogg yet?

The narrative was proposed on twitter (and likely a dozen other platforms because: internet) and I'm intrigued by this possibility.

We know Carol has her powers AT THE BEGINNING of the movie. She's also a member of Starforce, lead by Jude.

According to Jude (on his character): He is driven by a belief in the divine leadership of the Kree people. So he’s almost a devout warrior—unquestioning, conservative, but inspirational.

These extraordinary powers [Carol] has, he sees them as something of a blessing and something that she has to learn how to control. That’s a motif throughout the piece, the element of learning to control one’s emotions and to use your powers wisely.
    According to Brie (on their dynamic): There’s a lot [of] back and forth that comes with the two of them, which kind of creates a little bit of tension with the rest of Starforce. Like, ‘Why do they have a special relationship, and why isn’t it me?’

SO.
    I posit this: Carol has value to this Starforce. That value may be her connection to Earth, humanity, and all that comes with being Terran(?) or it may be the fact that she's so incredibly powerful from having gained powers from - again TBD.
    What IF.... Carol doesn't remember the events of her alienization?
    What if Jude Law IS Yon Rogg and HE'S responsible for Carol's powers because, like in the books, he DOES go to Earth and comes into direct conflict with Mar-Vell, and Carol defends and inevitably gets the Kree Whammy and Mar-Vell DIES and Carol not only absorbs power but also memories or some additional knowledge of value(??) and thus Jude-Rogg space-naps her and sees eeeeeeeeeeeeeverything that's happened as some DIVINE plan/path he's been set on and Carol is part of that plan/path?

And in the movie we will gradually discover/uncover the TRUTH about Carol's past -- PRE-STARFORCE -- and THAT leads her into direct conflict with all of them aliens, PLUS the Skrulls, and ALSO why she RETAINS the suit but alters the color scheme to honor Mar-Vell???????

I'm totally shooting from the hip here and just throwing ideas around but -- like -- MAYBE? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Snip
    He is playing Doctor Walter Lawson, aka Mar-Vell.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/07/cap...ce=twitter.com
    "She is more powerful than any character we’ve introduced thus far,” Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige tells EW. “So that alone tells you that there’s a reason Nick hit that button at the end [of Infinity War], when he realized that they were up against something far bigger than they had ever been up against before. And having her on your side is hopefully going to change the balance of power in a way that they desperately need.”

Quote Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
    He is playing Doctor Walter Lawson, aka Mar-Vell.
    I don't think that's been confirmed yet. They still haven't said who he's playing.

His character description sounds more like Yon-Rogg then Mar-Vell.

Could be a composite. In the comics, Walter Lawson was a normal human. He was killed by Yon-Rogg, who was aiming at Mar-Vell. Mar-Vell then impersonated Walter. Maybe in the movie, things are slightly different. Mar-Vell was already on Earth, and already knew Carol. Yon-Rogg shows up and successfully kills him, then replaces him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Making sure THIS lovely piece by Alex Ross doesn’t get lost in the Brie Marvel shuffle...
    (via Instagram)
    https://instagram.com/p/BnWmF0xA_wd/
    EBC1F18E-0385-4E04-999D-F2D51EDD3511.jpg