Page 758 of 822 FirstFirst ... 258658708748754755756757758759760761762768808 ... LastLast
Results 11,356 to 11,370 of 12326
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Have they announced a new ongoing after the Life of mini is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Have they announced a new ongoing after the Life of mini is over?
    No, but given the upcoming movie, I think it's a given the hype surrounding the upcoming movie, I think it's a given that there will be some sort of Captain Marvel series going on. I hope it spins out of the current mini because I think it has been really well-done. It has really streamlined Carol's story, which was all over the place for a while. I think she'll be in a good position to thrive when all is said and done.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The final issue of the mini was just on the last round of solicits(for November), so it hasn't even been a month yet without a new Captain Marvel issue being announced. A new book should be announced soon, I imagine there might be at least a 1 month break, but considering the movie getting releasead on March, the gap from #5 of Life to the #1 of a new book should be AT MOST 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that's been confirmed yet. They still haven't said who he's playing.

His character description sounds more like Yon-Rogg then Mar-Vell.
    It's been confirmed by one source: https://variety.com/2017/film/news/j...on-1202621673/

Quote Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone heard that. It's why it's been considered common knowledge that he's playing Mar-Vell... But Marvel never actually confirmed me that. Marvel has already revealed all the other characters's names, except his. And his description also sounds somewhat suspicious.

Invincible Member

I knew it was going to happen, but we are already getting the "Capt Marvel will be SJW Marvel's first cinematic flop" videos...

Oh for crying out loud. Doommongers were saying the same about Black Panther. It's not the 70s, guys!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh for crying out loud. Doommongers were saying the same about Black Panther. It's not the 70s, guys!
    They're not doommongers as much as they are "Carl Manvers" haters. They want it to flop because "why-can't-we-have sexy-confident women-in-comics anymore?" Despite them ignoring the KSD run of CM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I knew it was going to happen, but we are already getting the "Capt Marvel will be SJW Marvel's first cinematic flop" videos...
    It's been happening for a while now. I remember a YouTube video titled ''10 signs that the Captain Marvel movie sill be SJW'' or something like that appeared on my feed a few months ago. Kevin Feige's comments on adding more female, diverse and legacy characters like Kamala Khan in the future of the MCU only fueled the fire. And there's also the fact that Brie Larson is a very outspoken activist for minorities, so she's a pretty easy target for the haters. The comment section of the recent EW article was filled with that kind of **** to the brink. Someone probably posted the link on 4chan or something and asked their trolls to go comment there. They are pretty sad people.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-11-2018 at 07:05 PM.

BANNED

Tell me about it. These are sad, miserable people who stand there looking like the Grinch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with it being about a woman. The Captain Marvel concept isn't a particularly strong one, and the character is more successful in terms of longevity than in terms of sales. I never heard of the lead actress before she was connected to this film. I don't know if she'll have the presence needed to carry it. My preference would have been Charlize Theron. Still not sure why they didn't jump all over a Black Widow film after ScarJo appeared in Iron Man II.

Tying the CM film to Avengers is a good idea, but I think they should have found a way to actually have the character show up in an Avengers film first. That said, Marvel has created enough good will to ensure a decent opening. If the film is good, it should do alright. I doubt it will receive the critical acclaim of Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with it being about a woman. The Captain Marvel concept isn't a particularly strong one, and the character is more successful in terms of longevity than in terms of sales. I never heard of the lead actress before she was connected to this film. I don't know if she'll have the presence needed to carry it. My preference would have been Charlize Theron. Still not sure why they didn't jump all over a Black Widow film after ScarJo appeared in Iron Man II.

Tying the CM film to Avengers is a good idea, but I think they should have found a way to actually have the character show up in an Avengers film first. That said, Marvel has created enough good will to ensure a decent opening. If the film is good, it should do alright. I doubt it will receive the critical acclaim of Wonder Woman.
    LOL. Guardians aren't big sellers either(and were much less famous than Carol when their movie happened). Neither is Ant-Man. IIRC they were recently struggling more than Carol rn. And yet the movies are huge hits. And the lead actress that you never heard of just happens to be an oscar winner, so...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with it being about a woman. The Captain Marvel concept isn't a particularly strong one, and the character is more successful in terms of longevity than in terms of sales.
    Didn't Guardians Of The Galaxy and JusticeLeague prove once and for all that how well a comic book does is not really relevant for the success of a movie?

Still not sure why they didn't jump all over a Black Widow film after ScarJo appeared in Iron Man II.
    Ike Perlmutter was still running things back then. He doesn't believe in female protagonists. It's astonishing Black Widow was in Iron Man 2 at all.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Captain Marvel on the new trailer of 'Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UiNnW_2STI

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Captain Marvel on the new trailer of 'Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UiNnW_2STI
    I’m pleased that they ultimately went with a simpler color blocking on the animated suit and something more like the traditional Danvers Marvel Sash after the earlier designs shown with gold piping and extra areas of red.
    The mask is an odd compromise from the helmet, it (the design)would have been better off just left with a naked head/face.
    BE984755-5938-4C25-85AC-7BF094ED720F.jpg