Page 773 of 822 FirstFirst ... 273673723763769770771772773774775776777783 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,595 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Old Origin for Carol: Meets Alien. Alien passes on and gives her powers. Was also a pilot at the time. Mimics Hal Jordan.
    Carol and Mar-Vell has a reasonable amount of time coexisting as heroes, unlike Hal and Abin-Sur.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah. I was wondering where he got that "old origin" for Carol.

Also as for the hair it was always meant for it to stick up while powered-up but normal while in her civilian form but then they made it stick up permanently and shorter. After Anka left I (personally) haven't seen any artists that can pull it off properly. At least make it look like Avengers Assemble.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    This: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KT8yBvhc0l...EL-PREVIEW.jpg
    Versus
    This: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...37623561022431

Just to be sure this is what we're talking about.

Anyway, according to this interview of McKelvie, who did Carol's redesign, the hair was actually never short: https://www.newsarama.com/9263-jamie...-redesign.html

Edit: people say a lot of pretty dumb things about the hair. I remembered I saw some comics gate comments about it... terrible
    Yes, that's what I was referring to. And to be fair, there's a number of people who didn't like it just on an aesthetic level and that's fine. I realize that not everybody is fighting the "culture wars". But I was bringing it up just to show that folks were having heated debates even before Carol's movie was a thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Carol and Mar-Vell has a reasonable amount of time coexisting as heroes, unlike Hal and Abin-Sur.
    Never suggested there wasn't any time spent between Carol and Mar-Vell. He'll I said I'd like to keep tje mentor role as a reason the name is passed.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yes, that's what I was referring to. And to be fair, there's a number of people who didn't like it just on an aesthetic level and that's fine. I realize that not everybody is fighting the "culture wars". But I was bringing it up just to show that folks were having heated debates even before Carol's movie was a thing.
    Yep. I get what you're saying, and I know there were many heated discussion about the hair before the movie announcement, just like there were heated discussions when Carol changed her costume and became Captain Marvel, but what I meant was more about the impact of it to newcomers and people who don't read comics.

Anyway, I was checking youtube's numbers today, and the Captain Marvel trailer already has 32 million views. Also, it has more likes than any other Marvel solo trailer (932000). I guess it will polarize people even more than the Black Panther movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    According to some people this is Marvel trying to de-feminize their female characters and further proof of the SJW agenda.
    Don't forget that she suddenly had a new body type.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I disagree somewhat. Allowing for differences in artists' styles, her body type same been mostly the same since the 2012 revamp.

No one was calling her manly during this period.

Invincible Member

She basically has the same body type here more of less. But she gets this haircut and all of a sudden she's manly and it's all about how someone is trying to take away the sexy girls from men.

Just adding more images for comparison

Captain Marvel (2016)

RCO008_1469303983.jpg
    RCO016_1469303983.jpg
    RCO023_1469302980.jpg

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Except she didn't. She just didn't have a costume that emphasized it. If you liked at how Anka drew her outside the costume, it wasn't exaggerated, but it was undeniably feminine.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

so what type of feats of strength can we expect in the movie. Ms. Larsen has made a casual remark about "she can move planets", but that's more or less Silver Age Superman-style stunts. So, is that what we can expect? Just curious.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what type of feats of strength can we expect in the movie. Ms. Larsen has made a casual remark about "she can move planets", but that's more or less Silver Age Superman-style stunts. So, is that what we can expect? Just curious.
    I’ve always interpreted that as meaning “she’s super strong” and not that she can literally move planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    most likely when she goes Binary.