Page 776 of 822 FirstFirst ... 276676726766772773774775776777778779780786 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,640 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Guys, can we post leaked photos here? Because these A4 pics just leaked and were confirmed to be official by Jeremy Conrad

Attachment 71293 Attachment 71294
    Brie Larson looks amazing in that costume.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    omg KELLY is BLOWING. UP.
    I am so happy for her but also SO sympathetic to how MASSIVELY busy she must be. Good grief. I cannot fathom being her right now. Its amazing -- UTTERLY -- but still, SO much stuff. Mama needs a serving platter to replace her plate because it runneth over.

I just do not know how these folks do what they do -- and at such a high quality level. Its astounding.
    THAT BEING SAID -- I look forward to rejoining the Carol Corps, upon Miss Thompson's arrival.

EDIT: Upon reading the article (thank you DoV) I am even MORE excited about Kelly helming this. Firstly -- yay for Earthbound narratives and double yay for Best friend Jess and Ooooooooh romance with a KNOWN Marvelite??? Who who who, I wonder?
    Basically ALL OF THIS. Congrats Kelly!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

IMG_20181002_144835.jpg

Captain Marvel #1 (2018)
    cover by Amanda Conner and Paul Mounts.

I really don't like the art style on Carol, too cartoony..
    But I like all the different variations of her in the background!

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    So, apparently, as expected, Stohl is out after Life of Captain Marvel, and Kelly Thompson will write an on going Captain Marvel run illustrated by Carmen Carnero. Thompson already wrote Captain Marvel & the Carol Corps with Kelly Sue DeConnick, which was actually her debut, so I’m expecting good things.

I read the news on this tweet: https://twitter.com/captmarvelnews/s...951915522?s=21

And now the NY Times article: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/a...ic-series.html
    Oh hell yeah, this is what we've needed!

Thompson is one of the best. No offense to Stohl but she just hasn't been hitting it (outside of the current mini, I guess, which I'm not reading) and we've been in need of a some fresh blood for a while. Glad it's Kelly T. Finally, I can put Carol back on my pull list!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

02marvel-item_art1-superJumbo.jpg
    02marvel-item_art2-jumbo.jpg

But the art inside by Carmen Carnero looks very promising!
    Kelly Thompson as the writer is a very good choice!
    And that it is based on earth again is very good news

Looks like they are finally taking Carol seriously on the comic side.

If they wanted to stick with a woman writer, Kelley is as good as it gets IMO.

plus earth based stories always help sales.

Interesting
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koj☆ View Post
    IMG_20181002_144835.jpg

Captain Marvel #1 (2018)
    cover by Amanda Conner and Paul Mounts.

I really don't like the art style on Carol, too cartoony..
    But I like all the different variations of her in the background!
    I agree. I've never been a fan of Conner's work. I think she's a good artist, but as you said -- cartoony. I'll never like that primary blue/red/yellow combo for Carol, but I guess I'm stuck with it. Thankfully, though, her long hair is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Finally, I can put Carol back on my pull list!
    RIGHT???
    Such a good feeling to have GOOD feelings about Carol's book (for a change / again)
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Interesting
    PREACH

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    omg KELLY is BLOWING. UP.
    I am so happy for her but also SO sympathetic to how MASSIVELY busy she must be. Good grief. I cannot fathom being her right now. Its amazing -- UTTERLY -- but still, SO much stuff. Mama needs a serving platter to replace her plate because it runneth over.

I just do not know how these folks do what they do -- and at such a high quality level. Its astounding.
    THAT BEING SAID -- I look forward to rejoining the Carol Corps, upon Miss Thompson's arrival.

EDIT: Upon reading the article (thank you DoV) I am even MORE excited about Kelly helming this. Firstly -- yay for Earthbound narratives and double yay for Best friend Jess and Ooooooooh romance with a KNOWN Marvelite??? Who who who, I wonder?
    As soon as she was announced as Captain Marvel's writer, my first reaction was to be extremely happy, and then the second one was to wonder how can she write so many books at the same time.

And she said that in the romantic department it will be "someone we all know"... Uhnnn, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I've really been enjoying Stohl's run on The Life of Captain Marvel. She has really raised the bar and I'll be sad to see her leave, but I think she's walking away on a high note. And of all the writers to write Captain Marvel, I think Kelly Thompson is the best possible choice. After what she did for Rogue and Gambit, I think she'll do Carol justice.
    Stohl's run on Life of Captain Marvel has been good, but I need to see how it ends first to be able to say anything, because retcons always make me a little suspicious. One way or another, the sales have been great. On Mighty Captain Marvel things were rockier in the sales aspect, but I think Civil War II was one of the primary reasons behind this, since it did some considerable damage to Carol's image and reputation at the time.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-02-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Considering Tony's role in Life if Captain Marvel and that recent Avengers issue....I'm guessing Tony.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Considering Tony's role in Life if Captain Marvel and that recent Avengers issue....I'm guessing Tony.
    Nope, Tony is going to have a romance with Janet van Dyne. Unless Aaron has planned a forced relationship for Tony and Carol like he did with Thor and Hulk cosplaying as She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Interesting
    Yeah, i may check it out; i hope they give her a decent rogue’s gallery.

One thing that didnt immediately connect for me with this announcement was that Thompson will likely dive into Rogue and Mystique for Carol which is exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    One thing that didnt immediately connect for me with this announcement was that Thompson will likely dive into Rogue and Mystique for Carol which is exciting
    Yeah, Rogue will probably appear which is cool. I love Thompson's take on Rogue