Page 777 of 822 FirstFirst ... 277677727767773774775776777778779780781787 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,655 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Nope, Tony is going to have a romance with Janet van Dyne. Unless Aaron has planned a forced relationship for Tony and Carol like he did with Thor and Hulk cosplaying as She-Hulk.
    Honestly? I was thinking it could be Tony too, but I hope it isn't. They are way better being only friends and I don't see the need to push them into a romance. It would be really awkward. And since you talked about Aaron...

RCO016.jpg
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-02-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Firstly... I'm super excited to see Kelly Thompson on this book. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Also, Tony is/was Carol's AA sponsor. Their hooking up would be pretty inappropriate.

... whatever happened to rhodey once he came back alive?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    No idea...

But I wouldn't mind them trying that relationship again.

My beef with it the first time around was that it seemed to violate the "show, don't tell" principle of storytelling. Since they got together during a time jump, we were just TOLD they were together and all in love and such... but we, the readers, barely got any time to see them together and come to appreciate the relationship. Then, when Civil War 2 rolled around and their relationship was such a big impetus for what happened, if felt a bit hollow to me.

Fantastic Member

As far as romance goes It might be Louis Lee from Life of Captain Marvel since been pretty clear that he’s interested in her. Although, we’ll probably won’t see him again once the Life of Captain Marvel mini ends.
    Last edited by Distraction; 10-02-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Until now there is no mention of any interaction between Carol and Rhodey. Do we know if Avengers #08 is set before or after Infinity Wars? I need to at least try to make a sense out of Marvel's timeline. All that I know is that Life of Captain Marvel is before Avengers #08, and in Life of Captain Marvel Rhodey isn't even mentioned, at least until now.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

My only problem with Rhodey is that writers never showed any chemistry between either characters, yet wanted us to believe she really cared for him when civil war 2 started. So I don't mind if they re replore that relationship, but at least actually show it to us instead of just ignoring it.

It's good that Carol will be Earthbound again, but I wonder what will happen to Alpha Flight now?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

"According to The New York Times, the relaunched Captain Marvel brings the hero back to New York City following a stretch in space spent defending against extraterrestrial threats..."

Oh, superhero city, sigh. Maybe it's just a quick visit before she settles into another city. She needs her own territory/stomping grounds. She needs her own city. I know that is more of a DC thing and goes against everything Marvel supposedly stands for but maybe it's time to think differently.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He’s still dealing with being brought back to life in Tony’s ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    So, apparently, as expected, Stohl is out after Life of Captain Marvel, and Kelly Thompson will write an on going Captain Marvel run illustrated by Carmen Carnero. Thompson already wrote Captain Marvel & the Carol Corps with Kelly Sue DeConnick, which was actually her debut, so I’m expecting good things.

I read the news on this tweet: https://twitter.com/captmarvelnews/s...951915522?s=21

And now the NY Times article: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/a...ic-series.html
    I know Thompson was kind of a popular choice to eventually take over the book since the Secret Wars mini, plus she's kind of Marvel's "it" female writer at the moment, but overall I'm down for her taking over .

I like the art cycling through all her different looks. I wonder if the "costume weirdness" involves Carol shifting through her different costumes at some point? I know Thompson brought back the Cockrum look for her Jessica Jones run .

I'm looking forward to Carol having a significant love life again.

"The series will reconnect Captain Marvel with allies like Iron Man" That line is so amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koj☆ View Post
    Attachment 71602

Captain Marvel #1 (2018)
    cover by Amanda Conner and Paul Mounts.

I really don't like the art style on Carol, too cartoony..
    But I like all the different variations of her in the background!
    I didn't even know Conner was doing Marvel work.

Yeah, that's an odd line, she already reconnected with Tony over in Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Wouldn't Carol's next major BF being the best friend of her last one be kind of, awkward? Especially since the latter just got over being DEAD!!

Carol’s current costume doesn’t work with long hair. I think they should consider a ponytail if they want to keep that look

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    One thing that didnt immediately connect for me with this announcement was that Thompson will likely dive into Rogue and Mystique for Carol which is exciting
    Where did you see this?