Page 779 of 822 FirstFirst ... 279679729769775776777778779780781782783789 ... LastLast
Results 11,671 to 11,685 of 12326

KT says she's up for bringing back Grace Valentine and Toxic Doxie, which I'm happy to see!

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...59182989283328

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Is it just me or does Carol look skinny as a twig here? She looks sooo... scrawny.
    Finch and female characters do not mix well.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    KT says she's up for bringing back Grace Valentine and Toxic Doxie, which I'm happy to see!

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...59182989283328
    Good, Carol needs to build up a proper rogues gallery of her own. Grace actually is one of hers anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Are there any heroes at Marvel who have their own city? Okay, there's a few like the Black Panther who have their own country, but you know what I mean.
    Part of the premise of Next Wave was that they were wandering around the American Midwest, but of course that comics cancelled.

Over the years, they've moved several heroes to either Chicago, San Fran, or LA. But eventually everybody comes back to NY.

I didn't read the last Man-Thing series written by the "Goosebumps" writer...I'm assuming Manny's still in Florida.

316687BB-27A5-4B84-B2DF-C3F04FB9731F.jpg
    I’m sorry guys, but I’m laughing with the “Mari-ell”. This whole “ell” Kree suffix thing has gone too far.

Anyway, issue 3 of Life of Captain Marvel is already on it’s second printing.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The second printing isn't a surprise. I think this book wasn't on a lot of people's radar until word spread about that last page reveal, so now everyone has to order more copies.

BTW, I just saw Sana Amanat's tweet that says Margaret Stohl has another project with Marvel. I'm curious what that will be.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Are there any heroes at Marvel who have their own city? Okay, there's a few like the Black Panther who have their own country, but you know what I mean.
    Ms Marvel operates out of Jersey City New Jersey which isn't New York....at least on paper. Sam Alexander operates out of Carefree Arizona. Marvel had those variant covers for all 50 states for USAvengers awhile back I think. If you go further back there was the 50 state initiative that occurred after the first civil war event that Iron Man "won". That dried up. Then you have The West Coast Avengers who have been reduced to a joke team and the Great Lakes Avengers who have always been a joke.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Here's a hot take...what about Nova as a potential love interest?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Here's a hot take...what about Nova as a potential love interest?
    No. Both characters (Carol and Richard)would be better served with a lower profile character. Also the Sam Alexander character was created by Loeb who is a TV division guy. And since the movie division goes out of their way to never speak to the TV division that means that if a Nova movie gets made Feige will probably opt for Richard Rider. No need to saddle the movie versions of the characters with that baggage.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Is it just me or does Carol look skinny as a twig here? She looks sooo... scrawny.
    David Finch on art. He's the guy who made Wonder Woman look like a 16yo in one of her runs a few years back.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I love the interior art in that preview, but the Amanda Conner cover is really bland. It's surprising since I think the covers on Carol's books are usually pretty strong. Guess I'll pick up a variant for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The second printing isn't a surprise. I think this book wasn't on a lot of people's radar until word spread about that last page reveal, so now everyone has to order more copies.

BTW, I just saw Sana Amanat's tweet that says Margaret Stohl has another project with Marvel. I'm curious what that will be.
    Hmmm... the only other Marvel character that Stohl has worked on is Black Widow, though that's not necessarily a predictor of what she'll do next. I hope that her next project is to the same level of quality as TLOCM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No. Both characters (Carol and Richard)would be better served with a lower profile character. Also the Sam Alexander character was created by Loeb who is a TV division guy. And since the movie division goes out of their way to never speak to the TV division that means that if a Nova movie gets made Feige will probably opt for Richard Rider. No need to saddle the movie versions of the characters with that baggage.
    One thing I notice that comic books rarely do is give a female superhero a non-superhero boyfriend. Male superheroes tend to avoid this problem. I wouldn't mind pairing Carol with someone just from her supporting cast. We'll see how Life of Captain Marvel ends, but Maine-boy wouldn't be a terrible idea.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Ms Marvel operates out of Jersey City New Jersey which isn't New York....at least on paper. Sam Alexander operates out of Carefree Arizona. Marvel had those variant covers for all 50 states for USAvengers awhile back I think. If you go further back there was the 50 state initiative that occurred after the first civil war event that Iron Man "won". That dried up. Then you have The West Coast Avengers who have been reduced to a joke team and the Great Lakes Avengers who have always been a joke.
    Some of those 50 states covers were definitely a fudge. Some were born in the states or had operated in the states, but others were just random.

Alaska had Hellcat, which makes sense as she was based there in the 50 State Initiative. Arizona got Sam Alexander, as you'd expect. Hawaii got Havok, which makes sense considering he lived there as a kid. Kansas got Sentry, an obvious reference to him being a Superman expy. New Jersey, of course, got Kamala Khan. And Florida was Scott Lang, who lived there in his last solo book. But then you have Spider-Man in New Hampshire, Thing in Michigan, Falcon in Maryland, Steve Rogers in Delaware. Those heroes are all famously New York natives.

A full gallery is here: https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/U.S.Avengers_Vol_1_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Carol’s current costume doesn’t work with long hair. I think they should consider a ponytail if they want to keep that look
    YES.

Hairstyle variance for the win! "Hairiance"!
    Give us variety!

Additionally: I think that the restoration of Carol's lengthy locks poses a minor visual imbalance. With both her hair and boots extended (more Mckelvie) but her gloves still short (Anka) the color balance is off.
    I realize fans nitpick Carol's aesthetic relentlessly (are any of us EVER happy?? LOL) but I'd prefer to see her gloves lengthened.
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Actually pretty excited about this and I haven't been a big fan of Captain Marvel in a long time, so that's cool. I'm sure Kelly Thompson will win me over.

I do wonder what's going on with her romantic life. War Machine. Wonder Man. That human guy from her solo. Or maybe someone new- Hyperion or Namor perhaps (it'd certainly be unexpected)
    I too look forward to Kelly bringing my luke warm feelings for Carol to a steady boil. Its been so long.
    Also, I humbly throw my support in for Wonder Man being the target of Carol's affections.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    YES.
    Hairstyle variance for the win! "Hairiance"!
    Give us variety!

Additionally: I think that the restoration of Carol's lengthy locks poses a minor visual imbalance. With both her hair and boots extended (more Mckelvie) but her gloves still short (Anka) the color balance is off.
    I realize fans nitpick Carol's aesthetic relentlessly (are any of us EVER happy?? LOL) but I'd prefer to see her gloves lengthened.

I too look forward to Kelly bringing my luke warm feelings for Carol to a steady boil. Its been so long.
    Also, I humbly throw my support in for Wonder Man being the target of Carol's affections.
    Totally agree about the gloves. And Wonder Man would be an okay option. Where is Simon now?

Just saw this tweet:
    https://twitter.com/CaptMarvelNews/s...51707339452416
    And if this person knows what's up, I'm guessing they will go with Kree Marie is only the mother of Carol, and not of her brothers, since Life of Captain Marvel established Carol is the youngest.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-03-2018 at 05:20 AM.