Page 780 of 822 FirstFirst ... 280680730770776777778779780781782783784790 ... LastLast
Results 11,686 to 11,700 of 12326
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I think her last NYC apartment was the crown of the statue of liberty...

... which would be horribly cramped...
    That was a horrible decision by the writer. Made no sense on any level.

Simon was freed from inside Rogue by Deadpool in Uncanny Avengers #23. He rejoined the team, which broke up in Avengers #690. He hasn't appeared since.

About the gloves, making them longer would also call back to Carol's second costume (the black one with the red sash and yellow thunderbolt), which had really long gloves.

Marie Danvers is Mari-Ell? Does that mean Carol is really Car-Ell?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Simon was freed from inside Rogue by Deadpool in Uncanny Avengers #23. He rejoined the team, which broke up in Avengers #690. He hasn't appeared since.

About the gloves, making them longer would also call back to Carol's second costume (the black one with the red sash and yellow thunderbolt), which had really long gloves.

I'd say elbow length at most. The opera/prom gloves that extend closer to the shoulder might be excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Totally agree about the gloves. And Wonder Man would be an okay option. Where is Simon now?
    I liked her with Simon... mostly because of Reed's 'slow burn' approach on putting them together. Taking time to develop a relationship? Amazing! (Too bad it crashed and burned almost instantly...)

And if this person knows what's up, I'm guessing they will go with Kree Marie is only the mother of Carol, and not of her brothers, since Life of Captain Marvel established Carol is the youngest.
    I swear if I looked hard enough I could also find references to her being the oldest AND the middle child. Yay for consistency!

I like when there is a nod to past costumes, that's why I got a little bit bummed that there is no sash on her MCU costume. I really like that Kamala's scarf is a nod to Carol's sash, and now we won't be able to have this connection on the MCU when Kamala is introduced, considering that Kamala wears the scarf and Carol's outfit stays unaltered.

Car-Ell? Hahaha, that was funny. Jokes aside, it seems that, more explicitly the MCU, is trying to make Carol kind of their own Kal-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'd say elbow length at most. The opera/prom gloves that extend closer to the shoulder might be excessive.
    I'd say drop a little bit of the military look, which was the reason why the gloves got shorter, and give us part of the superhero-ish style back!

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I liked her with Simon... mostly because of Reed's 'slow burn' approach on putting them together. Taking time to develop a relationship? Amazing! (Too bad it crashed and burned almost instantly...)

I swear if I looked hard enough I could also find references to her being the oldest AND the middle child. Yay for consistency!
    Honestly? I'm not a big fan of Wonder Man and not a big fan of him with Carol, but Carol seems to be that type of character that eventually always has some romantic fling, because, you know, super hero comics, and this always will inevitably end in a time lapse of months, and, sometimes, but less often, in a time lapse of a years. Little crumbs of romance that will lead to nothing here and there just because they seem to have a need to write that. But, if we have to choose, out of all the past options, Wonder Man seems the most "okay" one. At least on my conception, the romantic part of Carol's life, when it exists, is always one of the least interesting and captivating ones. I don't really care about any romance plot line, to be honest.

And I remember reading about Carol being the oldest, but I don't recall reading anything about her being the middle child, but the probability that this is written somewhere is high.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-03-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    YES.

Hairstyle variance for the win! "Hairiance"!
    Give us variety!

Additionally: I think that the restoration of Carol's lengthy locks poses a minor visual imbalance. With both her hair and boots extended (more Mckelvie) but her gloves still short (Anka) the color balance is off.
    I realize fans nitpick Carol's aesthetic relentlessly (are any of us EVER happy?? LOL) but I'd prefer to see her gloves lengthened.

I too look forward to Kelly bringing my luke warm feelings for Carol to a steady boil. Its been so long.
    Also, I humbly throw my support in for Wonder Man being the target of Carol's affections.
    See that ponytail looks supercute on her and Id prefer that over the free flowing hair in this current costume. She looks nothing like TAS Jean Grey as that other poster said she would

Finally a high resolution picture

DomHfuWUcAAAQK1.jpg-large.jpg

And regarding the hair, I don't think we we'll see any changes soon. Joe Quesada seems to really dig Carol's long locks flying through the air.

Finally a high resolution picture

DomHfuWUcAAAQK1.jpg-large.jpg

And regarding the hair, I don't think we we'll see any changes soon. Joe Quesada seems to really dig Carol's long locks flying through the air.
    That is a strong, iconic poise worthy of Carol Danvers.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Just putting Joe Quesada's cover of Life of Captain Marvel here.

4e5f1f95ae22ba5b247c6f0f677cdbea.jpg

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Some of those 50 states covers were definitely a fudge. Some were born in the states or had operated in the states, but others were just random.

Alaska had Hellcat, which makes sense as she was based there in the 50 State Initiative. Arizona got Sam Alexander, as you'd expect. Hawaii got Havok, which makes sense considering he lived there as a kid. Kansas got Sentry, an obvious reference to him being a Superman expy. New Jersey, of course, got Kamala Khan. And Florida was Scott Lang, who lived there in his last solo book. But then you have Spider-Man in New Hampshire, Thing in Michigan, Falcon in Maryland, Steve Rogers in Delaware. Those heroes are all famously New York natives.

A full gallery is here: https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/U.S.Avengers_Vol_1_1
    My guess is Steve Rogers was Delaware because Delaware is the first state and he's the "First Avenger" (according to the movies, at least).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Just putting Joe Quesada's cover of Life of Captain Marvel here.

4e5f1f95ae22ba5b247c6f0f677cdbea.jpg
    I really do dig the long hair. Glad it's making a return.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I have some friends who are interested in the character after the trailer and I'm waffling over whether or not to rec Life of Captain Marvel once it's trade. Does anyone think it's a good jumping on point?

I think it could be - but Kelly Sue's run is such a classic I feel like everyone should start there.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I have some friends who are interested in the character after the trailer and I'm waffling over whether or not to rec Life of Captain Marvel once it's trade. Does anyone think it's a good jumping on point?
    I strongly recommend people to start with Kelly Sue DeConnick's run, since it's really good and it stablished Carol as the character we know now, and it's the main source for the movie. Life of Captain Marvel is good, but the main reason it exists is because it's a retcon, so you probably wouldn't want to be introduced to the character like this. Your first need to know what existed before to be able to understand the retcon, so that's the primary issue with starting with Life of Captain Marvel. I think it's better if you recommend Kelly Sue DeConnick's run, then, after they've read it, you can recommend Life of Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really do dig the long hair. Glad it's making a return.
    Me too. I love the long hair.