Page 819 of 822 FirstFirst ... 319719769809815816817818819820821822 LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,285 of 12326

Surely the solo books trump Avengers. And Tony already has a girlfriend - one who already appears in Avengers, no less, as Janet is one of the Agents of Wakanda aka Secret Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    With how Aaron is writing them and this arc, I feel like they are trying to gear up for a Carol/Tony romance. I really really do. As you said, it depends of the writers remember and sometimes I feel like they "forget" details like that.

Personally,I feel like that would be a bad idea. I realize they're close, but no way should they be a romantic couple imo.

And yeah... they're really dragging Carol through it. She's an orphan now.
    Thing is now since Carol's "New" family heritage has come out, she may have aunts, Uncles, and Cousins on Hala. Do we know that Mari-ell's family disowned her when she abandoned her mission? Also, we've never been exposed to her Father Joe's family. Maybe there is more Kree living on Earth. Maybe family Carol never knew about.

The Carol/Tony stuff in Avengers is universally for nyuk nyuks while putting the final word on CWII. They're pals there, too. Also, Life of takes place after most of the Avengers run so far.

BANNED

Yo why's fokken banned?

Because of this in the Runaways thread? It's their most recent post.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4091189
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because of this in the Runaways thread? It's their most recent post.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4091189

seems like nothing that serious except sass
    are rules here super strict?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    seems like nothing that serious except sass
    are rules here super strict?
    He should definetely not get banned for that. But maybe it's something in other thread that got deleted?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He should definetely not get banned for that. But maybe it's something in other thread that got deleted?
    Possibly. A lot of times the exchange or comment that gets someone banned will be deleted.

Invincible Member

But yeah...Life of Capt Marvel #5...it wasn't bad but it was anti-climactic. It felt like it was building towards something and while I guess there was a resolution, but there wasn't the big pay off that we expect for these type of stories.

Astonishing Member

Haven't read it yet - will have to wait for reprint or a collection -- or maybe digital. But as is often the case, someone has to die for a big emotional payoff. Seems like a waste in this case. Carol can't really afford to lose any of her supporting cast. With Mrs. D being absent for most of Carol's career, would have been interesting to see her stick around now that her secret is out of the bag.

As for Carol inheriting her powers -- so what? At the end of the day, the mini series was just a way of keeping CM in the public eye while we wait for her new series to start.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So I am thinking of doing a Valentine’s Day themed CYOA fanfic for Peter/Spider-Man with about eight different love interests to meet, either in their civilian or superhero personas, so I was just wondering what sorts of things fans of Peter/Carol might want to see in a possible date or romantic setting? Just an experiment I might be trying as a Spider-Man fan...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So I am thinking of doing a Valentine’s Day themed CYOA fanfic for Peter/Spider-Man with about eight different love interests to meet, either in their civilian or superhero personas, so I was just wondering what sorts of things fans of Peter/Carol might want to see in a possible date or romantic setting? Just an experiment I might be trying as a Spider-Man fan...
    Oh, there was one guy on this thread who was really into Peter/Carol I think, but I don't remember his name and I feel like he likely hasn't posted here in a while lol.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Oh, there was one guy on this thread who was really into Peter/Carol I think, but I don't remember his name and I feel like he likely hasn't posted here in a while lol.
    I think after Mary Jane Carol might actually be my favourite romance with Peter (with Kitty Pryde as three) since I felt giving him a romance with a fellow heroine who wasn’t Black Cat was interesting, plus playing Carol’s straight nature against Peter’s joking one seemed fun.

I guess the main issue was the feeling by both writing groups of both characters that it would interfere with their respective stories and probably make one character (unfortunately likely to be Carol) seem the romantic tag on, which I never got with them. Had they been given a chance I think it might have worked, but I also think that Peter and Carol are happy enough with MJ and Rhodes... but I am making them an option in my Spidey Valentine CYOA anyway...

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Disney’s Captain Marvel site apparently revealed who Jude Law is playing. And it’s not the name on the Funko thing released awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think after Mary Jane Carol might actually be my favourite romance with Peter (with Kitty Pryde as three) since I felt giving him a romance with a fellow heroine who wasn’t Black Cat was interesting, plus playing Carol’s straight nature against Peter’s joking one seemed fun.

I guess the main issue was the feeling by both writing groups of both characters that it would interfere with their respective stories and probably make one character (unfortunately likely to be Carol) seem the romantic tag on, which I never got with them. Had they been given a chance I think it might have worked, but I also think that Peter and Carol are happy enough with MJ and Rhodes... but I am making them an option in my Spidey Valentine CYOA anyway...
    Yeah, I think Marvel didn't want for Carol to become "Spider-Man's Girlfriend". I'm not totally against the ship, but I'm not very into it for that reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Disney’s Captain Marvel site apparently revealed who Jude Law is playing. And it’s not the name on the Funko thing released awhile back.
    Theory time:
    spoilers:
    The real Mar-Vell is dead and Yon-Rogg stole his identity. Maybe in this version Yon-Rogg is a skrull?
    end of spoilers