Page 820 of 822 FirstFirst ... 320720770810816817818819820821822 LastLast
Results 12,286 to 12,300 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Theory time:
    spoilers:
    The real Mar-Vell is dead and Yon-Rogg stole his identity. Maybe in this version Yon-Rogg is a skrull?
    end of spoilers
    Yeah

spoilers:
    Considering the Funko had him as Yon-Rogg, it would explain the two names.

I doubt Carol would name herself after the guy who helped brainwash her/the real main villain of her movie, so there is probably a reveal involving (the real) Mar-Vell at some point.
    end of spoilers

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Maybe it’s a rank/title?

Extraordinary Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but Amazon posted a preview page from an upcoming "Marvel Cinematic Universe Encyclopedia" book that seems to give a fuller description of MCU Carol and the MCU Skrulls. Spoilers, obviously, though most of it seems to be just what they've already hinted at in the trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but Amazon posted a preview page from an upcoming "Marvel Cinematic Universe Encyclopedia" book that seems to give a fuller description of MCU Carol and the MCU Skrulls. Spoilers, obviously, though most of it seems to be just what they've already hinted at in the trailers.
    Kind of implies the "Captain Marvel" codename is Kree-based, at the very least.

I agree some of Life of #5 was disjointed. I suspect it was something to do with the delays, as I think there was supposed to be a 6th issue, so Stohl had to compress into one issue 5. It was like panels were missing in this. Also the criticism that Carol failed here is unfounded. Carol was in shock at finding out her mother was a Kree Warrior woman, and had to be struggling with emotions on how to digest all this new information, and, try to keep her mother safe. I think that had to have hampered Carol somewhat, so the eventual outcome was plausible to me.

Margaret Stohl’s heartfelt letter on the last page was very emotional and as I suspected from reading #5, a lot of experience went into this story to do with family and friends stories of the Marvel think tank designing this miniseries . The big thing I picked up on from Margaret is the mother-daughter synogysm here. Mari-ell was waxing lyrical at the handing down of her legacy to her Kree Daughter Car-ell, something a mother’s connection to her daughter being very personal. To guys, we don’t know how significant this relationship is and to hear it expressed by Margaret like this was very secret and special to know. For myself, I always felt that a daughter is like a mothers little sister. They are the same person. So if Carol thought she never really knew who her mother was, being a Kree Warrior? All Carol has to do is look at herself, and see that’s what her mother was like.

I felt this series was superb because of the links now formed from this revelation of Carols heritage. If Little Joe was Mari-ells son as well, then he is a latent Kree Warrior with powers too. And like others said, Carol has family in the Kree Empire if they haven’t been killed in wars, and it would be ideal that as women would seek out their roots, Carol must now. And this would be an ideal way to expose Kree culture through an Earthlings eyes as she wades through Kree society in that search, and we learn why the Kree are how they are.

This mini series blew my mind.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-27-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Disney’s Captain Marvel site apparently revealed who Jude Law is playing. And it’s not the name on the Funko thing released awhile back.
    This seems very fishy to me. When the official Funko merch was released, the name of Jude Law's character was just ''Starforce Leader'', which shows they were still trying to officially hide his identity from the audience. Why would Disney's official website just spoil it like that? I think this could be a red herring to distract fans from the Funko leak, tbh.

Theory time:
    spoilers:
    The real Mar-Vell is dead and Yon-Rogg stole his identity. Maybe in this version Yon-Rogg is a skrull?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought about a plot twist like that too, just not sure about Mar-Vell being dead. I hope he's not.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This seems very fishy to me. When the official Funko merch was released, the name of Jude Law's character was just ''Starforce Leader'', which shows they were still trying to officially hide his identity from the audience. Why would Disney's official website just spoil it like that? I think this could be a red herring to distract fans from the Funko leak, tbh.

spoilers:
    I thought about a plot twist like that too, just not sure about Mar-Vell being dead. I hope he's not.
    end of spoilers
    Maybe some unpaid intern working the site screwed up? I haven’t checked to see if it’s still there.

Yeah, I think Marvel didn't want for Carol to become "Spider-Man's Girlfriend". I'm not totally against the ship, but I'm not very into it for that reason...
    Spidey can't have an invulnerable friend!girl - it'd removes half his angst seeing as she can't seriously be threatened by his villains gallery.

Theory time:
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    My take:
    spoilers:
    Jude law is Yon-Rogg, current Starforce commander and in a possible twist, a Skrull infiltrator.
    Annette Benning is OG Mar-Vell (previous Starforce commander and Carol's mom) - she's dead now and a part of the Supreme Intelligence, which in the MCU is the hivemind all Kree get uploaded into upon death. She's Carol's personal interactive avatar when communicating with the SI.
    'Goose' is a Flerken, and a macguffin the Skrulls are after.
    Final scene is Carol having to rejoin the Kree as the new Starforce commander after the Skrulls are defeated - in a deal cooked-up between Ronan and Fury. Which explains why she's been MIA since the 90s.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by snark^; 12-28-2018 at 12:20 AM.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

HOT take, snark^. I dig it. Especially that bit about the SI.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

LOL, you guys. Look what just leaked. Spoilers ahead:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvioMQHUwAAqgjl.jpg

What are the odds of not one, but TWO toy lines being wrong about this? I definitely think the website thing was a red herring.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    LOL, you guys. Look what just leaked. Spoilers ahead:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvioMQHUwAAqgjl.jpg

What are the odds of not one, but TWO toy lines being wrong about this? I definitely think the website thing was a red herring.
    Either that or there is a twist with the name at some point.

Or both characters are one & the same

Does anyone else think Brie Larson's Carol voice makes her sound like a teenager?

We’ve barely heard anything of her Carol voice. So no.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    We’ve barely heard anything of her Carol voice. So no.
    I dunno. Just from the promos and trailers she just sounds really young, even though the actress is, like, 29.