Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default jonathan hickman for x-men

any thoughts on the writer of F4, FF, manhatten project, east of the west, avengers, new avengers, and new ultimates handling the x-books?

Good god no, unless you want to give him Exiles or Wolverine.

no thank you.

Depends.

I think he is a competent writer, he could probably come up with some pretty interesting stories for the X-Men. However, if he writes them like he writes the Avengers (bloated overarching concepts with bare minimum characterization) I'd rather he didn't.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Let's keep him safely on the Avengers

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Depends.

I think he is a competent writer, he could probably come up with some pretty interesting stories for the X-Men. However, if he writes them like he writes the Avengers (bloated overarching concepts with bare minimum characterization) I'd rather he didn't.
    This. No so much the characterization, but the overarching concepts part. He's taken it to a new level with New Avengers.

If he was to take over X-Men we'd probably see him weave a tale involving the Starjammers, Brood, Acanti, and Shi'ar. It'd last for 30+ issues and the characterization wouldn't really happen.
    Last edited by Mahes; 05-12-2014 at 01:25 PM. Reason: typo

BANNED

how it it be though if he wrote the same style he did in his fantastic four books and his future foundation books. i haven't read much of manhatten project but i've heard alot of great things about it

BANNED

no, I don't want the X-Books to be boring. Let's keep Bendis using Mystique as a crazy troll who sleeps with people pretending to be other people

BANNED

I would welcome him with open arms and hope he would inject some heart into the stories like he did with FF.
    His New Mutants story with lovely Walta is one of my favourites.

Amazing Member

I would drop all X-books at that point.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTG View Post
    This. No so much the characterization, but the overarching concepts part. He's taken it to a new level with New Avengers.
    I agree with the above.
    I loved his work on SW, FF, EoW, SHIELD...and while NA started off great...I have quite lost all but the most minimum of interest.

So no...No to Hickman on X-Men.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

No thank you. Put him on Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    If he was to take over X-Men we'd probably see him weave a tale involving the Starjammers, Brood, Acanti, and Shi'ar. It'd last for 30+ issues and the characterization wouldn't really happen.
    30 issues? We could only be so lucky. Breevoort said his Avengers deal will only be starting the third act in September after 60+ issues of Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity. It'll probably be 100 by the time it's done. Amazingly, Hickman doesn't seem to be under any sales pressure, despite the lackluster results.

All-New Member

Yeah, Avengers isn't the only thing that needs to be boring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    No thank you. Put him on Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova or something.

30 issues? We could only be so lucky. Breevoort said his Avengers deal will only be starting the third act in September after 60+ issues of Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity. It'll probably be 100 by the time it's done. Amazingly, Hickman doesn't seem to be under any sales pressure, despite the lackluster results.
    i think i read somehwere that hickman will be giving some characterizations in probably the third act.

i also thought i heard or read good things on his run.

also with any luck, do you think he'll bring the fantstic four magic in his x-books and guardians of the galaxy and even richard rider/nova?