Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    30 issues? We could only be so lucky. Breevoort said his Avengers deal will only be starting the third act in September after 60+ issues of Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity. It'll probably be 100 by the time it's done. Amazingly, Hickman doesn't seem to be under any sales pressure, despite the lackluster results.
    Axel and Breevort seem content to let Hickman take his time and let him end it when it's done. Most of that was due to his FF run. But yeah, if he was on the X-Books we'd be looking really at 100+ issue run plus events.

I'm not opposed to Hickman getting a shot at a major X-Book. I haven't read much of his work (only a couple of issues of FF that featured Storm and the New Avengers issue of Infinity that featured Storm). I thought those issues were decent to pretty good.

I haven't read a lot of Hickman's stories either so I'm not sure if he would be a good fit. His ideas to me seem really interesting and all but I'm not sure if they're too big for X-Men which is more character driven franchise compared to Avengers which is a big all star superhero team and thus not as character driven as X-Men. But I wouldn't be opposed to him having a shot at Marvel's merry mutants, after all most of his stuff has been praised and I haven't heard a lot of bad comments about his writing.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    I would welcome him with open arms and hope he would inject some heart into the stories like he did with FF.
    His New Mutants story with lovely Walta is one of my favourites.

Crap I forgot about that...has anyone read his Cannonball and Sunspot story in Astonishing Tales?

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    i think i read somehwere that hickman will be giving some characterizations in probably the third act.

i also thought i heard or read good things on his run.

also with any luck, do you think he'll bring the fantstic four magic in his x-books and guardians of the galaxy and even richard rider/nova?
    I can definitely see how some people can be apprehensive. I love Hickman's stuff. It always comes together in the end and makes you wonder how you missed certain clues. Some people don't like that kind of payoff.

And the lack of characterizations is a good critique. The beginning of his Avengers run certainly emphasizes the story over everything else. Hickman mainly concentrated on his newer characters leaving the mainstays to be better developed in their own ongoings. I'd say it's more ideal to long time readers. We have a better idea of what Cap America, Iron Man etc are like. The second half of his run is shaping up to be epic.

Has anyone read Avengers #28? The whole issue is a conversation between Tony and Bruce. Great stuff.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    I agree with the above.
    I loved his work on SW, FF, EoW, SHIELD...and while NA started off great...I have quite lost all but the most minimum of interest.

So no...No to Hickman on X-Men.
    Qft to the part about new avengers...

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    If he was to take over X-Men we'd probably see him weave a tale involving the Starjammers, Brood, Acanti, and Shi'ar.
    Didn't even take him six months to fulfill this prediction lol.

Well thank god Marvel didn't follow the opinions from the first page

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Didn't even take him six months to fulfill this prediction lol.
    Amazingly true. Some fans are better at predictions than others. Mahes got them right.

If he was to take over X-Men we'd probably see him weave a tale involving the Starjammers, Brood, Acanti, and Shi'ar. It'd last for 30+ issues and the characterization wouldn't really happen.
    reading this and trembling with awe

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Well thank god Marvel didn't follow the opinions from the first page
    Thank god lol.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    reading this and trembling with awe
    I want a t-shirt "Mahes was right"

Wait... how did a 2014 thread previous to the CBR reboot of April 2015 survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Because it was a soft reboot?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

My dude, look at your join date.

BANNED

If he was to take over X-Men we'd probably see him weave a tale involving the Starjammers, Brood, Acanti, and Shi'ar. It'd last for 30+ issues and the characterization wouldn't really happen.
    wow talk about prediction....