View Poll Results: fans of any of these?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • ALIEN 3

24 19.35%
  • ALIEN RESSURECTION

17 13.71%
  • JASON GOES TO HELL

11 8.87%
  • INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

23 18.55%
  • TERMINATOR 3 RISE OF THE MACHINES

24 19.35%
  • TERMINATOR SALVATION

26 20.97%
  • STAR TREK THE VOYAGE HOME

28 22.58%
  • STAR TREK NEMESIS

14 11.29%
  • STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS

40 32.26%
  • THOR THE DARK WORLD

52 41.94%
  • A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2 FREDDY'S REVENGE

15 12.10%
  • THE GODFATHER 3

15 12.10%
  • MOONRAKER

22 17.74%
  • QUANTUM OF SOLACE

26 20.97%
  • THE MATRIX 2 & 3

26 20.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Yes, that is right IJ: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, T3 and T:Salvation are all really good movies with only a few flaws.
    KotCS and Salvation are both casualties and proof of "internet pile on" that really took off in the last half of the first decade.
    Let me guess, if I say "no, they're just shit" that's further proof of the internet pile-on?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    If you just say that, then yes.
    I'd alter some things but "just shit" is hyperbole to not be taken seriously by me.

The ludicrous amount of "rationale" the haters used as "proof" of how bad those were was laughable. They could/have accepted various issues with prior films but suddenly "x,y,z" was unbelievable.
    I recall being on a TrekBBS where me and a few others were shooting down their criticisms.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Godfather III and the fun pulpy (but all Bond films are supposed to be pulpy) Moonraker are two I definitely voted for.
    Godfather III especially. It's underrated and hurt mostly IMHO by the sheer heights of I & II. Great sumptuous exploration into Michael's (Catholic) guilt and the (Catholic) punishment he was bound to have for his (Catholic) sins. Loaded with some great moments & quotes like "Power wears out those who don’t have it." And "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in." And "It seems in today’s world, the power to absolve debt is greater than the power of forgiveness." And many others.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-04-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

A Nightmare On Elm Street pt.2 always gets a bad rap for breaking the dream rules of having Freddy jump into the real world but this was my first ANOES movie I saw as a kid and therefore enjoy it more than the first, don't get me wrong the original is a masterpiece but part 2 felt more like a horror version of a John Hughes movie.

Extraordinary Member

I never understood the hate for Crystal Skull. As stupid as the fridge scene is, there is plenty of similarly stupid things in the earlier movies and it's actually my favorite of the Indiana Jones sequels. Nothing comes close to Raiders though.

Quantum of Solace: I get the complaints about the way the action is shot, but outside of that I really like the movie. Craig's Bond and Judi Dench's M have a fantastic dynamic and Bond has one of his better character arcs in the franchise.

Who says The Voyage Home is bad? It's the movie that cemented the 'even number Treks good' rule for over a decade and was the most successful Trek movie until the 2009 reboot. Pretty much everyone loves it.

Die Another Day is so absurd its good, that's the best way I can put it. Its the only Brosnan era sequel (ie the ones following Goldeneye) that I can watch again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I never understood the hate for Crystal Skull. As stupid as the fridge scene is, there is plenty of similarly stupid things in the earlier movies and it's actually my favorite of the Indiana Jones sequels. Nothing comes close to Raiders though.
    Agreed with every word. I think the problem is folks conflate whatever they feel about LaBouf with the movie. Not exactly fair but what can you do.

Who says The Voyage Home is bad? It's the movie that cemented the 'even number Treks good' rule for over a decade and was the most successful Trek movie until the 2009 reboot. Pretty much everyone loves it.
    Maybe the OP meant V, not IV? To that end, Star Trek 5 in retrospect is a fun movie, almost like a two hour Star Trek OT episode, and pretty quotable. Better than the other sequels, of course not, but, not exactly a dumpster fire either.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Fifth films left a bad tasted in my mouth after Star Trek V('89) and Rocky V('90) came out in subsequent years. Both following such monster successes in each franchise with the fourth installment.
    I've come to appreciate them more as art now and even enjoy them to some degree but both were letdown entries to be sure.

I recall talking with friends when Lethal Weapon 4 came out that the studio should leave well enough alone. Nothing good ever came from a fifth installment.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I didn't begin to appreciate Rocky V until after viewing Rocky Balboa. Knowing that was the last time we'd see Talia Shire in the role of Adrian I gave it another shot. Not the best entry, but its "cute" on its own, I kinda get what they were going for.

I am surprised the much maligned Xmen 3 didn't rate a poll listing. I would like to have seen if it has risen in the mix of films that have dropped the numbering.