View Poll Results: fans of any of these?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • ALIEN 3

24 19.35%
  • ALIEN RESSURECTION

17 13.71%
  • JASON GOES TO HELL

11 8.87%
  • INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

23 18.55%
  • TERMINATOR 3 RISE OF THE MACHINES

24 19.35%
  • TERMINATOR SALVATION

26 20.97%
  • STAR TREK THE VOYAGE HOME

28 22.58%
  • STAR TREK NEMESIS

14 11.29%
  • STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS

40 32.26%
  • THOR THE DARK WORLD

52 41.94%
  • A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2 FREDDY'S REVENGE

15 12.10%
  • THE GODFATHER 3

15 12.10%
  • MOONRAKER

22 17.74%
  • QUANTUM OF SOLACE

26 20.97%
  • THE MATRIX 2 & 3

26 20.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    almost everyone considers it the worst of the moore films, i don't dislike it but it is the most extreme divergence from the norm we have ever gotten or will ever get in the franchise.
    That is one of the reasons I liked it, Bond in Space was cool. Plus it had the best opening stunt ever. You'll have to back up that "almost everyone", I have not seen that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Oddly enough, I think Matrix Reloaded had an amazing set of ideas that got lost in the kung-fu, special effects and series of one-upping! I thought those ideas were explored much better in the Animatrix stuff.

I'm also surprised that Iron Man 2 & 3 aren't on that list, given some of the reactions on this board.
    Really, too much kung-fu and stuff in Reloaded? It feels like they're barely any Matrix in that Matrix, they're just hanging out on rave world most of that movie.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    From your list. ST Voyage Home was one of my favorite OS films and at the time most fans I knew loved it. I liked Thor II and Star Trek ID, don't consider them bad sequels at all, like them both.
    Yeah, I find it surprising that of all the original Star Trek films to list a "supposedly bad", Voyage Home is the one that picked. I think there's pretty wide consensus that IV is one of the good ones. It's part of the "evens are good, odds are bad" conventional wisdom on Star Trek. Personally, I'd probably place it second among the films featuring the original cast, and probably second or third among the 11 ST films I've seen. It's a well-done film. If the problem is humor or the environmental messages, then I think that's really just personal taste.

I may be alone here, but I might rank Thor: The Dark World over any of the Iron Man or Cap sequels. I find it has better pacing than those films (where I ended up checking the time in the middle of the movie).

Amazing Member

I'm surprise how well-like Crystal Skull is in the poll. I was so disappointed by Indy IV. I feel like it wasted the one chance to recapture the Indy magic in this era.

I don't think The Godfather Part III is a bad film in absolute terms.; It's just a huge drop-off relative to the first two, but it's solid.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post

I also think Conan the Destroyer was far better than Conan the Barbarian.
    No way! Barbarian was a sword and sorcery epic that felt real, and actually invoked real tears at the death of Valeria. Destroyer was like a goofy comic book.

Incredible Member

I've always thought "Rocky III" holds a special distinction. It is clearly the time when a previously high quality series started to go radically downhill, but it was still good enough to be really enjoyable. The death of Micky was downright gut wrenching, and featured what is probably the top of Stallone's acting ability, on par with his speech at the end of "First Blood."

I've rarely heard anyone say that Star Trek IV was bad. Indeed, up until JJ Abrams came along, it was the highest grossing flick, but even not taking into account box office, it was the kind of comedic romp that the rather heavy-handed movies needed for some time. Plus, it's usually mentioned as the perfect counter to the usual suspects like V and Nemesis.

Anyway, back on topic:

-Alien 3 is kind of underrated, imo. Yeah, it doesn't hold a candle to the previous 2 movies, and yes it completely invalidated Aliens (boo), but on its own it's a decently paced thriller.

-Terminator 3 never bored me, which is good. It ain't the deepest movie by any means, but I appreciated that it never really took a break.

-I thought Thor 2 was more fun than the original, simply because it didn't take up so much time trying to build its own mythology. The villain was weaksauce, though

-Lastly, I think the Matrix sequels should be separated. Reloaded had a lot more going for it than Revolutions, which dropped the ball.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Skyfall is a pretty bad movie. It's boring once it gets past the midway point, the movie is all about the villains poorly defined relationship to M, it doesn't feel like a Bond movie at all, (which is funny given the movie ends with a big Bond anniversary seal: In honor of Bonds 50th, here's an action movie like all the other big action movies) and it's a series of Bond references (that get worse and worse as the movie goes along) that go nowhere.
    Oh yeah, the references to other Bond films were bad too. And you're right about it not feeling like a Bond film. Very little globetrotting or big villain plot and all based around Silva and M. I also had a big problem with M's line "I've f***ed this up, haven't I?" It seems like the screenwriter just wanted to get a chuckle out of having an elderly English lady (a dame, no less) say the F word, rather than because it made any sense or fit the tone of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Really, too much kung-fu and stuff in Reloaded? It feels like they're barely any Matrix in that Matrix, they're just hanging out on rave world most of that movie.
    The rave in Reloaded is one of those scenes that I think gets too much hate. It wasn't that stupid and didn't last very long at all but from listening to the fans, you'd think it took up half the film or was a reoccurring joke. It's the same with the dancing in Spider-Man 3 (another film that I think belongs on this list and doesn't deserve the hate it gets).

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I've always thought "Rocky III" holds a special distinction. It is clearly the time when a previously high quality series started to go radically downhill, but it was still good enough to be really enjoyable. The death of Micky was downright gut wrenching, and featured what is probably the top of Stallone's acting ability, on par with his speech at the end of "First Blood."
    Really? I'm not arguing Rocky III's quality because it's a great film but the point that "it is clearly the time when a previously high quality series started to go radically downhill". I thought III and IV was a drastic improvement on II. Stallone apparently does too; about ten years ago on Jonathan Ross' chat show, when asked to rank the Rocky films, he ranked III and IV higher than II.

Speaking of which, I didn't think V was as bad as every said. It's fine, it's just different. I actually think Rocky reminiscing about Mickey in the gym is one of the saddest scenes of the series.
    Last edited by Guest_1001; 12-07-2014 at 06:17 AM.

I think Terminator 3 and 4 were both pretty good. They weren't spectacular, but they were much better than people give them credit for. I still don't know why they're so hated. Maybe it's just because the bar was set so high with Terminator 2. But I don't think the criticism for these movies is warranted.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    but please for the love of god explain the hate for skyfall
    Look up the honest trailer for skyfall. it'll explain a lot of my personal problems with the film (though I actually largely enjoyed it, just hate the dangling plot points)

Extraordinary Member

Dark World wasn't bad, just a good movie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I went with Terminator: Salvation and Star Trek Into Darkness.

Terminator Salvation is by no means a good movie, but it's a hell of a lot better than Terminator 3: Rise of the Machine. UGH!
    Liked both of those.
    I always liked the part in Salvation where Connor tells the resistance that if they went ahead and killed the hostages just to get Skynet they themselves would have become the machines.

I liked Nightmare 2 allot it was killer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Dark World wasn't bad, just a good movie.
    It was worth watching for Tom Hiddleston but three thing stopped it from being a great movie

Jane Foster morphing from potentially gutsy heroine into embarrassingly awful 1920s type damsel in distress

The inappropriate humour

Darcy flaming Lewis and her amazing friends. I honestly don't know of any more irritating sidekicks.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Tiffany Case- gangraped when she was a teenager and developed severe relationship issues with men. Bond knows this and beds her.
    Honey Ryder- raped as a young girl. Bond beds her not long after learning this.
    Pussy Galore- became lesbian because her uncle molester her when she was 12. Immediately after hearing this (literally she says this as she is naked in his bed) Bond beds her.
    Tracy- is legitimately suicidal because she lost her daughter. Bond takes a deal with Draco to play her boyfriend. He beds her. Later he falls for her, but that's besides the point.
    He was supposed to be curing them of their fear of sex!