Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Retired

I think I saw THE TRUMAN SHOW on TV once. Part of it anyway. I've tried out Jim Carrey movies--Hey, I'm the person who saw EARTH GIRLS ARE EASY in the movie theatre--but I always find myself wishing I didn't bother with these movies. So I've gotten into the habit of never seeing them in the theatre and sometimes I catch part of them on TV but usually switch the channel (really THE GRINCH, BATMAN FOREVER--who would sit through these?). I used to be a fan of Robert Downey, Jr., but somewhere along the way his acting bugged the heck out of me. I did watch SHERLOCK HOLMES on a trans-Atlantic flight, but really couldn't understand what the fuss was about. Never watched any of the IRON MAN movies or AVENGERS, because of him--electronics stores like to show IRON MAN or AVENGERS on their big screens, so I've caught bits of these movies there.

Likewise, I've somtimes bought the first issue of a Jim Lee illustrated storyline and I find myself distracted by the art that doesn't tell the story. The art wants to tell me about what tread Batman has on his boots, or how big Superman can make his chest when he flexes (which he seems to do in every panel), rather than paying attention to the needs of the story. Lee is always pulling focus away from the progression of the plot and onto details that don't advance the story. And this drives me up the wall. I always feel like I wasted my money on this stupid comic and I never bother to buy the rest of the arc and make a promise to myself never to buy another Jim Lee comic again. Except then I forget my promise and pick up another comic book and the whole process starts all over again. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

FWIW, The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is not really a Jim Carey movie. He doesn't do his usual annoying thing at all in that film and is generally quite downbeat. I wouldn't let your dislike of him stop you watching it.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

And refusing to watch the Avengers movie just because of Robert Downey Jr. seems.... Weird to me.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark