Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I'm far from convinced that "Eternal 2" wont be exactly that. Dick and Barbara have their own serieses doing very well that directly address why They Aren't Around All The Time, and you can't front-and-centre Bruce in a Weekly that presents World Shaking Change at the same time as you're doing the same to him in any number of monthly books. So a weekly that foregrounds Tim, Harper, Steph, Duke (maybe?), Luke and possibly Calvin Rose with Damian as their Batman Go-Between would give them more freedom.
    Absolutely agree. Tynion'll more than likely be the front liner for Eternal 2, and he loves the teenagers, so that's where they'll be housed for the time being. I also expect Cassandra to make her return there.

TBH, all I ask for is Greg Pak or Tim Seeley on a Red Hood/Outlaw book, and Greg Rucka on a Kate/Renee team-up book.

Oh, and a Teen Titans book that's actually about teenagers that act like teenagers. None of that "Look! They're texting! Technology is so ~kewl, rite?!" garbage that's going on now. Is Megan Hetrick doing anything? Put her and Marguerite Bennett on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Absolutely agree. Tynion'll more than likely be the front liner for Eternal 2, and he loves the teenagers, so that's where they'll be housed for the time being. I also expect Cassandra to make her return there.

TBH, all I ask for is Greg Pak or Tim Seeley on a Red Hood/Outlaw book, and Greg Rucka on a Kate/Renee team-up book.

Oh, and a Teen Titans book that's actually about teenagers that act like teenagers. None of that "Look! They're texting! Technology is so ~kewl, rite?!" garbage that's going on now. Is Megan Hetrick doing anything? Put her and Marguerite Bennett on that.
    That's basically teenagers now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    That's basically teenagers now though.
    Texting and social media is perfectly fine, but there's a difference between being genuine, like Batgirl or Young Avengers, and whatever this is.
    Last edited by Kurisu; 12-08-2014 at 05:07 AM.

penetrator of things

I kind of hope not.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Batman continues as is, no real issues to address. Maybe by this time next year Snyder and Capullo focus on The Scarecrow. Bluebird will be making more appearances by this point.

Batman and Robin may have some growing pains at first depending on the reception of Damian having superpowers, but overall numbers will maintain/grow. I don't see Talia showing up during the first year of Damian returning.

Detective Comics is good, maybe the team will focus on the repercussions of their first storyline with Annie Aguila returning to Gotham.

Grayson stays consistent.

Red Hood and The Outlaws moves over to the Bat-Editorial Group. Either retooling or a relaunch will have Red Hood back against street level crime. I'd like to see it divided into two books, a Red Hood-centric one and a team up book with other characters who were once sidekicks. But I could also see Arsenal and Starfire being transferred over to Justice League United.

Batgirl stays consistent. Say what you will about the title, the retooling has worked in it's favour.

Batwoman, besides Red Hood and The Outlaws, is probably the book on the list needed for a new direction. I don't know what I could suggest except to draw it back to it's crime and mystery roots, and introduce Renee Montoya.

Arkham Manor feels as though it'll be around until the premier of Dawn of Justice, just as the destruction of the Batmobile in Batman Eternal 35 can be seen as a setup for a bat mobile similar to that in Batman Arkham Knight.

Gotham Academy stays consistent. I remember reading somewhere, sorry for the lack of a source, that it would have a rotating cast, so it would be interesting if they switched up the perspective from being Olive's.

As of writing this, there has only been one issue of Gotham by Midnight, I can't really say anything about it in a year.

Catwoman, similar to Grayson, will have growing pains, but once it get it's momentum going, I feel like this will be a consistent book. Maybe having some edge of crossover between Catwoman and a new Red Hood series (similar to that between Gotham Academy and Batgirl) will help strengthen both books.

Harley Quinn stays consistent.

Batman Eternal "2" could really be the start of a Gotham vigilante book staring teen heroes like Red Robin, Spoiler and Bluebird. Individually, I don't think they have the strength to hold their own book, but if they share a series then they all develop into rounded characters. Only thing to worry about is to maintain focus and not overdraw a plot, and to show rather than tell (which have been two issues that I've seen consistently in the second act of Batman Eternal).

-

I really hope to see Cassandra Cain and Renee Montoya come back. Convergence, with both Black Bat and The Question, can help attract the reader's attention and help decide what kind of direction DC wants to take with those characters after the event.

BANNED

Texting and social media is perfectly fine, but there's a difference between being genuine, like Batgirl or Young Avengers, and whatever this is.
    this is a bad case of copying young avengers...It's like that old uncle that tries to be cool

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Bat titles currently available:

Batman: Will remain as it is. I don't see anything changing here in the near future.

Batman and Robin: I'm hoping for a new creative team here and maybe a bit of a new direction as well. This title has been spinning it's wheels since Damian was killed and the current "Damian's Death and Resurrection" arc has been going on for far to long IMHO. Damian with superpowers could be an interesting idea if handled well but I don't think Tomasi is the best writer for the job at this point.

Detective Comics: Should remain as it is. The current team has only just started on the title and it's been enjoyable thus far. I'd like to see them remain on it for a bit.

Grayson: Remain as it is. This is a very strong title in my opinion and doesn't need to be changed at all.

Red Hood and The Outlaws: At the very least this one may need a creative team change to spark some new energy in the title. I loved what Lobdell was doing with it at the start of the reboot and thought it was a very fun and zany ride. Since his return to the title though that spark has been missing and I blame that on his having been gone from the series for awhile. I would also support bring Outlaws back into a Bat office with Doyle at the helm and let him take a crack at finding someone to handle the group.

Batgirl: Remains the same. I don't care for the new run myself but there seem to be plenty of others that do so I'm happy for that.

Batwoman: This one really needs a new direction and creative team fast.

Arkham Manor: I'm going to be generous in giving this one 12 issues but I really don't even see it lasting that long.

Gotham Academy: Will remain the same. I'm really enjoying it and it's just different enough that it might have a bit of staying power.

Gotham by Midnight: Same as above.

Catwoman: Will remain the same for the time being. I'm not sure how permanent this direction will be but in view of how things look to be turning out for Bruce and Batman in Eternal having her in control of Gotham's underground is a good move. I'm just not sure it will be a lasting position for Selina with a lot of staying power but we'll see.

Harley Quinn: Will remain the same. Nothing here needs to change.

Batman Eternal "2": If the first Batman Eternal run showed the downfall of Bruce and Batman then I expect the second will detail the rise of both back into their former positions. Snyder does a lot with the the idea of coming full circle so I think he could be doing the same here.

Books I would like to see happen after Convergence:

-A Red Hood solo would be nice providing that it was handled well. I'd really like to see someone like Seeley take a crack at him or perhaps Lobdell would be a good fit here and Seeley could take over Outlaws instead.

-A Red Robin solo would likewise be nice if handled well. Tynion might be a perfect fit for this one.

-Likewise a book that features Red Robin mentoring Blue Bird, Lark and Spoiler could be fun.

-A team book of some sort with Dick Grayson involved perhaps spinning out of events in Grayson. A covert team of some kind perhaps.

I would also like to see Grayson and Damian working together again at some point in the next year. I don't really see the "death" of Grayson hanging on for to much longer before someone figures out the secret Bruce has been hiding.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 12-08-2014 at 10:36 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Grayson and Damian teaming up with covert missions dealing with the Wildstorm universe, Doom Patrol and a bunch of other unused properties that can work well to tread new territory and to not run the risk of recycling the same old bad guys.

BANNED

It all hinges on if Doyle stays.

BANNED

"I don't really see the "death" of Grayson hanging on for to much longer before someone figures out the secret Bruce has been hiding."

Remember, everyone on Earth Prime (including the Bat-Family) has the IQ of a slug and the attention span of a gnat.

I am hoping Snyder keeps writing Batman.

Eternal has been a huge sucess so far and I hope it keeps going. Let Morrison write it for a while and see what happens.

Batgirl will be around where it is going right now on a good path.

I am a fan of Arkham Manor so far but we shall see how long Arkham stays there...

Detective Comics will stay on the side of Batman being just that...a detective.

Batman & Robin will be running strong with Damian back in the saddle.

Grayson will be gone. Dont get me wrong I like the book and idea but I want Nightwing back some how.

A book titled Gotham. Kind of what Gotham Central was but not just the focus on the police side but also on the villain side.

Batwoman needs a revamp and slowly.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    It all hinges on if Doyle stays.
    Pretty much. If Doyle stays I can see the Bat line continuing to become more diverse in its tone and stories. We'd end up with a far more interesting selection of titles with Doyle's "thinking outside the box" type of approach and within those titles would potentially be something for "everyone". I'm not so sure another editor would have the balls to take those kinds of chances with the Bat line. While I've no doubt that some of the things he started would remain the same for awhile even if he left I think things would return to their previous "grim and gritty" status at some point because its a "safe"way to go with the line. Personally, I've liked that Doyle has been willing to take risks with it so I would hate to see the line forced back into its previous status quo simply because it is "safe".
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member

Well, provided Doyle is still editing by this time next year. I would love to see a Steph/Tim/Harper-centric book by James Tynion IV and Eryk Donovan (Memetic has been fantastic).

Not sure if this really means anything, but I thought I'd point out that DC doesn't offer subscriptions for Red Hood and the Outlaws, Batwoman, Arkham Manor, Gotham by Midnight, or Gotham Academy. All other Bat titles have subscription options - even Grayson and Harley. If any of these other titles were planned to be around at this time next year, wouldn't there be a subscription option?

Incredible Member

Grayson needs to be left alone. The book is rock solid and the best thing to happen to the character in years. Mark Doyle seems to be very happy with the results thus far. I do like the idea of a covert team spinoff.

Red Hood needs to go solo. I think Tom King should be given a crack at it. His story's have an emotional edge to them and he is not afraid to try new things. He is a good writer in my opinion.

Catwoman is actually in a great place right now. The book is 3x better. I hope they stick with the direction and push it.
    Last edited by OWL45; 12-13-2014 at 09:47 AM.