Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    Isn't new people trying out comics in itself a good thing that makes it more likely that people will check out different stuff later?
    If you ask me whether that would be or seem the primary reason for any franchises to occur or just any movies or games to be made my answer would certainly be no.

Franchises aren't launched to promote comics or reading or creative content, but more rather a license or property is milked or utilized in order to make money.

Obviously those things won't neededly be synonymous per se.

Plus if you look at how certain editors and creatives working at Marvel or DC were employed as to guide or mentor in-house talents into becoming comics creators over long periods of time, or how comics properties came to be in earlier times or either nowadays then I would sense much of a difference in ways.

I'm not saying franchises or movies couldn't be made to promote comics, but I am saying that most any of them currently don't seem to be intending on it that much or at all.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

BANNED

I'm not saying franchises or movies couldn't be made to promote comics, but I am saying that most any of them currently don't seem to be intending on it that much or at all.
    They could still have a positive impact.

So could hard crime as resulting in incarceration or bed-confining disease, because they could be seen as to enhance reading. It doesn't pay to look at it like that.

BANNED

wouldn't you be happy to see any shakeup from anywhere considering the dominance of the Big 2?

wouldn't you be happy to see any shakeup from anywhere considering the dominance of the Big 2?
    Nope, since I know to mostly get inspired by genuine imaginativeness in whatever form, regardless of what would be popular or seem successful the most.

For comics or otherwise, any kind of thing or accomplishment as by whomever or whatever brand.

As such would creative endeavors or even enterprise be never orchestrated or governed by merely any powers that be, I'd say. I'd think that would be the main point to creativity or enterprise itself, to accomplishment both as aesthetics or thought on the whole.

Or in other words:
    isn't it great that basically any stuff can be enjoyed by whoever? Eventhough anyone could be liking things as particularly how they would?
    I think it's inspiring how particular stuff can be so particular, like as proving of particular quality in its own unique right.
    For instance the original three Star Wars movies, or either the KOTOR games by Bioware, or the nifty toy action figures by Kenner as of 1977. For any cool graphical artwork Howard Chaykin, Al Williamson and even a piece by Mignola would come to mind.

But do I care whether any of it would be part of a *franchise*? No fucking way.
    Whatever stuff as proving good, both as belonging to whatever franchise, could have been developed on its own just as well if not BETTER, I feel pretty certain of that.

Comics or movies or games or such won't be good due to being popular or due to being part of any franchise, but only due to being good on their own.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-13-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Multimedia franchises start to become a thing. We know the old Star Wars EU is dead but they seem to be pretty serious about making a multimedia empire, and the Prometheus/Alien franchise is supposed to be in the in the same continuity as the comics. NuTrek had not contradicted the Nutrek comics yet.

Could you see studios trying to popularize comics as a medium in order to create multimedia franchise loyalty and therefore make more money?
    Seems like a while lot of effort for what is essentially pocket changer, Games yes, TC shows and web presence yes, paper comics not a chance in hell

Financial positive enough to be worth the effort?

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

It looks like DC is finally trying to capitalize on their TV shows. I've seen some banner ads here

Which links to the New 52 trade "THE FLASH VOL. 1: MOVE FORWARD"
    http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...ove-forward-0#

Granted here is basically preaching to the choir but I also saw one at IMDB for Constantine and the comic.