Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default KeatBats V KilmBats V CloonBats V BaleBats

So, by the end of Batman Returns

End of Batman Forever

End of Batman & Robin

End of The Dark Knight Rises,

All four movie Batmen - bar Affleck, because it'd be too soon, or West, as it seems unfair to him - fight one another.

With ALL gadgets, full physical peak, and best armour/costume they got, filmwise, or final.

Who lives/wins/dies?

And, as a BONUS MATCH, the winner/survivor fights Bane, of Batman & Robin - best physical from the series I can think of - and then Ras' Al Ghul, of Batman Begins.

Who wins that?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Keaton was the fastest, and certainly has good enough tech. He wins the comfortable majority, and doesn't really have any issues with Bane or Ra's.

Fantastic Member butterfingers158's Avatar

CloonBats puns them to death

For serious though, I think Keaton

I honestly think leaving BatWest out of this is more fair to the others than to him. The stuff in his utility belt was insane. Batmobile that survived roads mined with TNT unharmed. Bat lasers. Bat bazookas. Even several aim dodging feats which surprised me because I didn't remember them but I've been watching the show on blue-ray and there they are including suddenly twisting to the side and avoiding point-blank shots at close range. That the others are wearing armor is going to cause a problem in terms of punching power but he's got so much going in his utility belt it doesn't matter.

But, since he's not in this, I guess it comes down to Keaton or Clooney and it's been so long since I've seen those movies, I have no idea.

Batbale, relatively easily. His armor and damage soak was just outright insane; he could be smashed into concrete pillars by a speeding van, fall off of a skyscraper onto a car below with another person landing on him, and be fine. He was also strong enough that he caved in the top of a large van by jumping on it and traded blows with a guy who could punch chunks out of a stone pillar.

He also had tech that shuts down anything electronic the others are using and bat-shurikens with near instant effect knockout chemicals on them. And he carried bombs, basicly bat-grenades, on him. And as of the DKR he had an exoskeleton supplement to his leg that effectively gave him low tier superhuman kicking strength. And he upped the ante with the batmobile using not just a car with some armor, but a literal armored car, tough enough to take a direct hit from an RPG and remain somewhat functional, and armed with cannons. And in DKR we find out that he's a good enough pilot with the bat to not only reliably hit his targets, but dodge missiles coming at him, and even trick them into hitting the vehicle that launched them, and good enough with his weapons to lead his targets, making them change course to go were he wants them to, all opposed to Keaton Batman who couldn't even operate his batplane well enough to target the Joker(and don't say he wasn't trying, the plane literally had him targeted, it just must have been off because he kept missing with automatic fire and rockets; also, Keaton was shot down by.....a pistol with a long barrel.

Bale also made a lot of use of stealth compared to the others and had a cellphone system were he could relatively easily locate anyone.

Bale was also the only one confirmed to be a badazz fighter BEFORE he was Batman.

As for the two bonus rounds, he's already beaten Ra's and I doubt dumb Bane would be more of a threat than smart Bane; sure dumb Bane is stronger, but he's also easily outmaneuvered and really isn't a skilled fighter beyond being strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Batbale, relatively easily.
    This is so, so wrong.

BatBale gets annihilated by Keaton, who had better gadgets and is much faster.

Hell, Kilmer's Batman kicks a heavy, solid wood door completely off it's frame with one casual shot, while wearing a dress suit. He doesn't kick it open, the door gets shot backwards out of the frame, off hinges and lock, at once. That's better than anything Bale pulls off.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    This is so, so wrong.

BatBale gets annihilated by Keaton, who had better gadgets and is much faster.

Hell, Kilmer's Batman kicks a heavy, solid wood door completely off it's frame with one casual shot, while wearing a dress suit. He doesn't kick it open, the door gets shot backwards out of the frame, off hinges and lock, at once. That's better than anything Bale pulls off.
    It doesn't seem more impressive then,kicking through concrete

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    It doesn't seem more impressive then,kicking through concrete
    That's kind of overselling the feat. I do not recall seeing the sign saying "This here is 20-year hardened concrete, viewer" in the film, so "he kicked through some masonry of unknown composition and unknown disposition" seems more correct. He also "crumbled a bit of it" - it's not like he kicked through a foot-thick prison wall (à la Cass) or anything. Then... he failed to do anything else on that level, ever.

That's kind of overselling the feat. I do not recall seeing the sign saying "This here is 20-year hardened concrete, viewer" in the film, so "he kicked through some masonry of unknown composition and unknown disposition" seems more correct. He also "crumbled a bit of it" - it's not like he kicked through a foot-thick prison wall (à la Cass) or anything. Then... he failed to do anything else on that level, ever.
    Actually he did do other stuff on a high strength level: he crumpled a van by jumping on it, he traded punches with a guy who could punch chunks out of a stone pillar, he survived a falling from a skyscraper, he survived being slammed into a concrete pillar at high speed, etc.

Meanwhile, Keaton is dang near having his Bane moment against a random thug in a bell tower.

Actually he did do other stuff on a high strength level: he crumpled a van by jumping on it, he traded punches with a guy who could punch chunks out of a stone pillar, he survived a falling from a skyscraper, he survived being slammed into a concrete pillar at high speed, etc.

Meanwhile, Keaton is dang near having his Bane moment against a random thug in a bell tower.
    Durability does not equal strength. He crumpled a van by falling on it. His soak is great, but he also got flat out beaten in a punch-up with another guy (while using totally ineffective gadgets like they meant something), so he can get punched out.

Bane's "punch through stone" thing is the same as Bruce's: it's not "punch chunks out of a stone pillar", it's "punch chunks out of a pillar of rotting masonry of unknown original quality."

And Keaton's main thing in the fight is speed - he is definitely faster, meaning he's going to be able to get shots in. And his shots can be things like "stick a thermite bomb" and "launch a stupid homing batarang."

Spectacular Member

Not to mention the fight with the "random thug in a bell tower" came after Keaton's Batman was in a plane crash, so he was hardly at 100%. In fact didn't he stumble against some benches before climbing the tower?

Durability does not equal strength. He crumpled a van by falling on it. His soak is great, but he also got flat out beaten in a punch-up with another guy (while using totally ineffective gadgets like they meant something), so he can get punched out.

Bane's "punch through stone" thing is the same as Bruce's: it's not "punch chunks out of a stone pillar", it's "punch chunks out of a pillar of rotting masonry of unknown original quality."

And Keaton's main thing in the fight is speed - he is definitely faster, meaning he's going to be able to get shots in. And his shots can be things like "stick a thermite bomb" and "launch a stupid homing batarang."
    "Another guy"? You seem to be talking about the Bane fight; I would hardly call him just "another guy".

So it's kind of been a specific trend I've noted every time it comes up... but you have some pretty obvious BaleBat bias, homme.

I mean, nothing wrong with having a favorite character.. I really love me some, well, Me. But overselling feats for your guy, while at the same time downplaying the feats of others; or otherwise playing the 'it only applies for my guy' game along with 'this is what I think it looks like, so that's how it is' has been a no-fly zone hereabouts for awhile. Especially when it's a topic or topics that has been addressed in previous threads.

And when a Cthulhu notices... well. It's kinda noticeable.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Another guy"? You seem to be talking about the Bane fight; I would hardly call him just "another guy".
    The point there is that Bane is a slow, non-superhuman guy who hits pretty hard. I know you think that BaleBats and Bane would be good matches for MCU Cap and such (as patently ridiculous as that is to... everyone else), but their feats just aren't at that level. Bruce's magic tiny knee brace let him smash a little masonry, and Bane did the same with a punch. It wasn't "stone" or "concrete" - it was some unidentified, rotten-looking masonry.

It still misses the point on why Keaton obliterates Bale - despite my repeating it several times now: speed speed speed speed speed. Keaton is much faster, at least arguably bullet-time, given his best feat and total lack of anything to argue against it. Sure, Keaton had one bad fight against a giant of an individual after being in a plane crash to the point where he was physically staggering. Having one bad fight, when the plot wanted to show his resourcefulness and that he can, in fact, be at some risk, does not invalidate everything else he's done. There's even an acronym for it on Rumbles. In literally every single other physical encounter he engages in, he trivially dominates everyone. And he has some stupidly nasty tricks: tagging Felicia with the thermite bomb, using his grapples as flat-out guns, batarangs, etc. How do you think Bale does with that thermite bomb attached to him faster than he can react? Not so well, huh?

So what are Keaton's speed feats?