Default Chris Sims on Spider-Man's Favorite Movie

In Comics Alliance, Chris Sims considered the favorite movies of comic book characters. Bruce Wayne has referenced Die Hard. Clark Kent probably loves Wizard of Oz. And he figures Spidey likes the masterpiece of a guy who has written the comics.

Even though the science nerd in him would cringe every time someone said the word “gigawatts,” I’m pretty sure Back to the Future would be one of Peter Parker’s favorite movies. Mostly, this one just comes down to the same reasons everybody else loves it. It’s a great movie, sharp and funny with fantastic dialogue. For Peter, though, there’s a little more to offer. It’s pretty obvious that the quippy teenager encourages the nerd to stand up to the bully that makes his high school life miserable, but more than that is the idea that Marty gets to go back in time and not only fix things for his family, but he saves Doc Brown — arguably more of a father figure than George McFly — from being shot and puts everything right. For a guy whose entire motivation is based around a mistake he made in his past, that idea would hit home pretty hard.

Seriously: Peter Parker sheds a single tear whenever he sees a DeLorean. Put that in the Official Handbook.p
    It's an interesting choice.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

JMS wrote a scene where MJ's ring tone (at least for Peter calling) was the five notes from Close Encounters. I wouldn't be surprised if Peter also really liked that movie.

Ironic that his favorite movie would be about saving a marriage/coupling.

Everyone knows Spider-man loves the Raimi movies.

Fantastic Member

I doubt Peter makes it to the movies much as an adult. Sure he’s referenced stealing a move from Batman Returns (back when that was topical) but I figure he’s generally too busy and/or broke. His favorite movie is probably something he saw in his youth that appealed to young nerdy Peter. Back to the Future works as well as anything.

Speaking of childhood movie going experiences and Batman, The Mask (/Mark?) of Zorro is the ONLY movie that matters to Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Speaking of childhood movie going experiences and Batman, The Mask (/Mark?) of Zorro is the ONLY movie that matters to Batman.
    That could also be because The Mark of Zorro was the last film Batman ever saw. Could also be the only film ever.

I would have thought Blazing Saddles.

BANNED

The daily strip recently revealed Peter likes to watch The Maltease Falcon a hell of a lot

There's a speech on power and responsibility in How Green Was My Valley. I'm pretty sure Peter watched that one with Uncle Ben.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

That choice of Spider-Man favorite movie in that article makes sense.
    I am intrigued now if any of the classical Spidey comics have any reference to this.
    Thing favorite movies would be of a classic SCI FI movie,with giants monsters and that.In the classic FF stories by Lee and Kirky,Thing references those movies a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ironic that his favorite movie would be about saving a marriage/coupling.
    True.

Plus, he has no clue that he's actually an alternate timeline version of himself, essentially now living in Biffisto's Pleasure Palace.