Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Happy Birthday Mark Waid!!!

http://comicsalliance.com/tribute-mark-waid/
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 03-21-2016 at 03:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    I think the story was the most epic one which Marvel has ever released because everything at the end had meaning. (explained by Apokalypse, the Authors and Uatu's voice in small though bubbles)
    Most of the heroes could show how much of a heroes they were(except I think Spidey and Hulk and Dr.Strange was the only hero which was powerless at that time)
    and a lot of stuff had consequences like that the heroes were gone(for sometime) you can say everything what made the Onslaught story great , Hickman did the opposite of it in SW.~.*
    Dr. Strange was investigating the Gem of Cyttorak in the Mansion in which Juggernaut was imprisoned by Onslaught. https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/266869.html

BANNED

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Onslaught the love child of xavier and magneto
    THAT'S IT!

That's the way to get Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian McKellen to reprise their roles of Xavier and Magneto!
    So after X-Men Supernova is to be released;

X-Men Onslaught Unleashed!

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Mark Waid!!!

X-Men #53 Jun 1996

Onslaught pulls Marvel Girl into the astral plane and casts aspersions on Xavier's character and his dream

Script by Mark Waid http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....day_mark_waid/

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Lightbulb

I wonder if 'Stevil' or Hydra Cap will seperate himself from Steve Rogers' body like Onslaught seperated himself from Professor Charles Xavier's body.

To me, it might be a way for Steve Rogers to be redeemed after the Secret Empire event has ended.

BANNED

Silver Surfer was supposed to be involved at first but he didn't make the cut in the end.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'd love to see Mark Waid getting a crack at the X-Men once again, this time out of the shadows of Bob Harras and Scott Lobdell.

BANNED

Since Mark Waid has just now gotten a crack at Steve Rogers Captain America again it might lead to him also getting a crack at the X-Men again.

BANNED

What a great crossover

Some of the greatest artists ever involved and the fallout was fantastic.

Some great little issues like green goblin and punisher, giving us thunderbolts, deadpool and heroes for hire.

I read this event every year or so because it was just so exciting and would make a great movie.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Sorry hated Onslaught and the Faux Marvel verse they sold us until Franklin brought every1 back.
    RedSkull\Onslaught sucked just as bad.

Franklin Richards joining Gen X for awhile was the only perk for him for me sorry fansp
    I do stlll own the toy but only since it has a trapped Franklin u can see inside.

onslaught.jpg

random onslaught memories:

i will always be appreciative of onslaught because it forced me to buy fantastic four #415 and #416, introducing me to the wonderful carlos pacheco. his art blew me away.

bachelo had just come back to generation x after a hiatus (#17? i think?) and lobdell/bachelo's gen x tie-in issues were some of the best of the entire onslaught epic. actually for most of the rest of of the year i remember gen x being one of my favorite books with the chamber/skin road trip, howard the duck, etc.

the uxm/x-men books were so good with the lead-up/post-onslaught stuff. i think i bought onslaught: marvel universe and uxm #337 on the same day. remarkable how #337, which dealt with the x-men (and quicksilver) dealing with the fallout of the event, packed so much more of a punch than the actual bombastic finale did. #337 is a damn classic.

remember onslaught's minion/herald "post" from x-men #50?

someone previously in this thread nailed it, the 90s were wild insomuch that the avengers took such a dramatic backseat to the x-men and those core marvel books (avengers, thor, iron man) were so aimlessly mediocre. they replaced tony stark with his teenage self. while that actually sounds x-men-ish, it was monstrously awful. while i *personally* dug the ben reilly-as-the-new-spider-man storyline over in the spider-books, i know a lot of people did not. the 90s were crazy, man. the x-men said jump and the rest of the marvel u asked "how high"?

x-man! i was reading x-man at the time, i remember liking his tie-ins because they feature holocaust, and i was still way into the age of apocalypse in the mid-90s. then he got kidnapped by sinister. threnody, lol.

speaking of nate grey, they really set him up as the next big thing there at the end of onslaught: marvel universe.

green goblin was a wonderful little mid-90's series that no one remembers, and it featured a wonderful little onslaught tie-in that served as the series' penultimate issue. while some folks can take down a sentinel with ease, it took everything the green goblin had and he destroyed his suit in the process. fun series, should you ever come across it in a dollar bin.

he didn't play a prominent role, but i can't help but associate onslaught with joseph, who would become a mainstay character for the next year or so. joseph, lol.

onslaught and marvel editorial interference famously screwed up some of peter david's ideas for hulk, and his final year on hulk is so wildly different than what came before i've always felt that he just threw up his arms and said **** it when the decision was made over his head. hulk island, savage land hulk, hulk the horseman of apocalypse, that stuff was nuts and i'm fairly sure we have onslaught to thank.

wolverine had a bandana and was feral as shit during onslaught. i wasn't reading wolverine at the time, and only saw him in the main series', but i always assumed he got messed up something fierce in his own book.

do you know what always had good tie ins? cable. cable took on apocalypse while practically at death's door during onslaught, then i remember his operation: zero tolerance tie-in issues were pretty awesome, too. i never read cable outside of the big x-event of a given summer. maybe i should have.

bishop should have died and stayed dead at the end of onslaught: x-men.

axis was terrible and all of those loeb/liefeld onslaught minis were trash. there is only one onslaught, and he died in the summer of 96.

BANNED

Green goblin is now collected in a trade, it was a great little 90s gem.

I just got road to onslaught vol 1-3 and onslaught vol 1-4 on comixology to read anytime.