Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, the book did deliver what the title said and nothing more. It was a fight issue and an all too convenient wrap up to the Arkham War story. Though I did kind of enjoy that we don't see Batman at first, just the reactions of those he saves or takes out. It was a nice build up, even if the climax was fairly weak. All in all, it didn't have much to offer but simply did what it promised. It gave us a fight between Batman and Bane. Though now I have to wonder if there will ever be a period of time where Gotham isn't completely destroyed. We have Zero Year, Batman Inc., Forever Evil and Now Eternal. Each one had Gotham in ruins. They must have the fastest contractors alive if they can rebuild the city 4 times in 5 years without a hint that the city was destroyed before.

so was this a single issue, a mini or an ongoing? Didn't pick it up and was unsure what to expect.

It frankly wasn't good. Bane wins the lame Arkham War. Then is setting up his rule. Batman fresh off Forever Evil events comes in kicks the Talons butt no problem, then proceeds to beat Bane like it was nothing when he didn't even attempt to surprise him. Really makes Bane look weak. But what did you expect from a one-shot. Good fights take longer than that lol.

Definitely skippable.

Although I didn't pick up Arkham war, I did buy this. I have a soft spot for the 1 shot. I liked it well enough. Love a good Batman vs. Bane throw down. This book gave us that. Lots of fun.

I really wish they did better with this issue, I really enjoyed Arkham War (although I wish It would have lasted longer at least until ForeverEvil #7 came out)but this really felt like a shallow issue. All fighting no depth to the dialogue Batman doesn't even explain anything to Bane just starts kicking his ass. I really think they should have waited until after the events of FE came out even though they got pushed back we have no idea how it plays out and Batman just shows up and says he just got finished with the Syndicate (??). At least we have Batman Eternal to look forward to, FE #7 too if it is ever released.

I think the best thing to do would have been to push it back a month, tied in the events in JL #30 and FE #7 and made this a bigger issue since it is a 1- Shot.

Ya was OK. This whole story was one fight after another.
    While this was pretty badass, the fight from Legacy still remains my favorite Batman vs Bane brawl.

BANNED

Disappointing end to a series that was borderline terrible. The were some cool moments such as the fight scenes,Bane as Batman,Penguin,Bane's new venom infusion system,Bane's new Rises inspired costume but as a whole the series was sorely lacking in depth and character development. I hope Bane is rested till the writers actually figure out how to write him as an intelligent and multi dimensional character. He wasn't dumb by any means here but not exactly a top tier strategist & thinker either,his whole plan was just to punch his enemies real hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
    so was this a single issue, a mini or an ongoing? Didn't pick it up and was unsure what to expect.
    It was technically a single issue, but in fact served to close off the Arkham War mini. Opinion on the Arkham War mini was very divided, and on this also, although on this the weight seems to be more to the negative.

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    Although I didn't pick up Arkham war, I did buy this. I have a soft spot for the 1 shot. I liked it well enough. Love a good Batman vs. Bane throw down. This book gave us that. Lots of fun.
    This book most certainly did NOT give us a good Batman vs. Bane throw down. Bane is juicing up, Batman throws a frozen Talon at him the scuffle fall out of the building, land, Batman punches him a few times, and he's out. That is a complete ASS fight. That's a fight worthy of happening off panel like the rest of the fights in the issue.

BANNED

It's a great fight. Batman breaks a freaking statue over Bane's head!