Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

It's interesting that this preview already appears to reveal that this is another girl pretending to be Batgirl. After the last two issues you could still sorta hold up the theory that Babs may have developed some sort of split personality, but this preview shows both girls in the same frame. When i first saw the cover for this issue, i already felt like this girl in the sparkling golden outfit wasn't really Barbara Gordon because her face looks pretty different. It's an interesting fun mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    It's interesting that this preview already appears to reveal that this is another girl pretending to be Batgirl. After the last two issues you could still sorta hold up the theory that Babs may have developed some sort of split personality, but this preview shows both girls in the same frame. When i first saw the cover for this issue, i already felt like this girl in the sparkling golden outfit wasn't really Barbara Gordon because her face looks pretty different. It's an interesting fun mystery.
    Indeed. I was sort of holding out hope that the Babs that moved to Burnside *was* the imposter, and the person sending the texts was the real Babs back in Gotham. But that's okay, the preview looks good as well... especially Faux-Babs escaping in that last panel.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Once you accept that the constant riffing on tech zeitgeist and hipster cliche is actually part of the joke itself, it's suddenly alot more fun. Ha. For a couple of issues there I actually thought the writers were trying to be all seriously on-trend with this. Silly me.

Ha. Ooh, Kanye.

Amazing Member

I enjoyed this issue.
    Despite its flaws, I think each issue improves upon the previous one.

Between this issue and last week's Grayson it seems to be EMP theme month.

I wonder if the other Bat-titles got the same memo?

Always Rakzo

This was awesome. I'm still in love with Tarr's Black Canary, she looks especially attractive in that dress.

I think I'm out. I gave the book three issues, and whilst it's a distinct improvement on what came before, it's still just a bit... bland. I like the art, but don't love it. The writing is OK, but not especially witty or clever or... anything. And the opening arc was, again, just OK. But ultimately there's no hook here, nothing that makes it a must read title.

Add to that all round averageness a portrayal of Dinah that's frankly insulting to any fan of the character (perhaps even moreso than the whiny, crybaby she was in BoP), and I'm done. I gave it a fair shot, but I guess the wait for a good Nu-52 Batgirl book is going to take just a little longer.

I like the book a lot
    I like Babs sudden obsession with anime
    I like her quirky POC friends
    I like Black Canary even if she's just there to be her bitchy friend
    I like her costume

The only thing missing from this book is babs posting on tumblr

BANNED

I got a good laugh from this. Might be my favorite New 52 Canary moment.

Untitled.jpg

This issue was fine overall. The fake Batgirl reveal felt a little too jokey. I was hoping this would be an interesting ongoing villain, but I don't feel that is what we got. Loved seeing Alysia again. Dinah's dress was killer although her bitter personality is getting old, she needs to get it together, get a new outfit and go kick ass with Babs.

Did I miss something with Frankie? Why did she have crutches and shakey legs? The conversation with the wheelchair was odd as I don't remember Frankie ever mentioning anything like this before

I really love what Babs Tarr is doing with the Batgirl comics. I only wish that DC Comics and Cartoon Network would work to put a Babs Tarr television series on air.

Not bad, but not the best issue of this run so far. The whole code in the art seem almost thrown in out of no where, and where did Frankie's crutches come from? Did she get hit by a bus between issues here? Still not a bad issue, it was more comical than the previous two. The impostor Batgirl was pretty funny, and Bitch Canary was again just great. Im lovin Bitch Canary
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-10-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Not bad, but not the best issue of this run so far. The whole code in the art seem almost thrown in out of no where, and where did Frankie's crutches come from? Did she get hit by a bus between issues here? Still not a bad issue, it was more comical than the previous two. The impostor Batgirl was pretty funny, and Bitch Canary was again just great. Im lovin Bitch Canary
    Frankie with crutches is very confusing, what the hell happened? What was she talking about when she saw the wheelchair photo?

Amazing Member

It was established in Batgirl #35 that Frankie met Barbara while doing physical therapy. She has problems with her legs or something that flare up from time to time. I'm assuming this time was one of those times.