Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tula's boyfriend View Post
    If DC is trying to get me to pick up this series they failed.
    I agree. I read the first two issues but I am not going to continue reading it. I do not like the art or the story.

Ultimate Member

And yet you're all still here commenting on it, kind of pointless really. Anyway this looks good. I'm surprised that people thought that Babs made her own tech. She's a computer whiz, but that's kind of her specialty.

Looking good so far. I like what we've seen of Qadir, and an engineering geek with a uni lab to play in is perfect for inventing cool new bits of tech. Maybe she can introduce Bruce to him in due course, if he doesn't have access to the WayneTech toys again once Batman Eternal is done.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I confused by the new book. I thought Barbara Gordon was a genius, so why does she need someone to make her tech for her? Or is Barbara Gordon only a hacker? Ever since the new 52 i've been confused. Or was her Oracle intelligence some sort of power up that she lost?
    There wasn't really a lot of "only" about her hacking skills. She regularly hacked into government, military and science research mainframes to give herself more processing power or get information that wasn't freely available.

Most of her computer equipment, certainly in the Clock Tower days, looked like it was regular off the shelf computer hardware, but heavily networked together to customise it to her needs. She was good at that level of work; designing and implementing her own network and power needs, probably writing a lot of her own software, but that's an entirely different skill set from inventing new gadgets from scratch. Like Bruce, even if she'd had the knowledge and the inspiration, she'd never have had the time to do it and patrol Gotham/run an intelligence network. The only sensible thing to do is to delegate that to someone who does have the time and the knack, and concentrate on the part of the job that matters to them most.

BANNED

Plus, it's nice for Batgirl to have friends that don't just show up once in a while.

Barbara is just some computer nerd she isn't really a genius as the previous issues drove home for me

If DC is trying to get me to pick up this book, they succeeded. Probably more people in your camp than mine, but I purchased exactly zero DC books before this came along so there's that.

*phone rings*

Dan Didio: Hi Mark, it's Dan. Look we need to talk. We've tried everything...but Tula's Boyfriend still won't pick up the series.

Mark Doyle: Dan....we have failed.

Looks good. I'm just hoping for a multipart story arc soon tbh.

This book is super great. Jason Latour and Marvel, take notes for your upcoming Spider-Gwen title.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This book is super great. Jason Latour and Marvel, take notes for your upcoming Spider-Gwen title.
    They don't need to. The tone of the Spider-Gwen one-shot was perfectly fine and suggests they already know what they're doing. This is a massive step up from what we've had before, but it still took DC about three years to figure out this is the book we should have had all along, rather than just lumping an awfully depicted PTSD-suffering Barbara in an already crowded Gotham where her chief villain doesn't really make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't need this sort of help.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    *phone rings*

Dan Didio: Hi Mark, it's Dan. Look we need to talk. We've tried everything...but Tula's Boyfriend still won't pick up the series.

Mark Doyle: Dan....we have failed.

Dan Didio: Yeah, pull the plug. Seems like doubling the sales with a 30K+ increase was a total failure. Bring back the doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Dan Didio: Yeah, pull the plug. Seems like doubling the sales with a 30K+ increase was a total failure. Bring back the doom and gloom.
    Well, If I hadn't read that ridiculously long preview I would have bought it too, lets wait an issue or two before pointing to numbers.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Man, that preview looks amazing! The art and writing are both stellar and about 100% better than the utter garbage that came before it. It's a good time to be a Bat-U fan, when we're getting unique books. Not 'Batman Lite' and 'bland Batgirl who acts like Batman'. Good riddance.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrStatham View Post
    They don't need to. The tone of the Spider-Gwen one-shot was perfectly fine and suggests they already know what they're doing. This is a massive step up from what we've had before, but it still took DC about three years to figure out this is the book we should have had all along, rather than just lumping an awfully depicted PTSD-suffering Barbara in an already crowded Gotham where her chief villain doesn't really make any sense.
    Spider Gwen and her garage band felt like the worst tropery.

Batgirl feels campily authentic to the modern youth experience.