Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default The Inhumans series, Jam's impression.

I am a long time fan of the inhumans since their introduction in F.F. several centuries ago.

I particularly enjoy paul jenkis/jae Lee's limited serie (98-99) and pacheco/ jose ladronn (2000).

Here is what bothers me in the current publication of the inhumans :
    The useless death of karnak
    Where is Triton ?
    Where is Crystal ?
    The poor depiction of the royal family. Black Bolt used as a puppet, and an overwhelmed Medusa with a forced (and useless) depiction of the axis personna.
    Too much under-developped new characters.
    Absence of a reel plot. I failed to see a cohesion, as if the is no real direction on this book.

And most of all ; Where is Lockjaw ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-jam View Post
    He's currently featured in the new Ms. Marvel book. Medusa sent him to keep an eye on Kamala.

Niffleheim

Here is what bothers me in the current publication of the inhumans :

The useless death of karnak
    Matt Fraction was the one who had a hand in the Death of Karnak. It has nothing to do with Soule current publication.

Where is Triton ? Where is Crystal ?
    Trition has made about 2 appearance in the current ongoing. Soule seems not to have any use for both characters at the moment which I don't mind all that much.

The poor depiction of the royal family. Black Bolt used as a puppet, and an overwhelmed Medusa with a forced (and useless) depiction of the axis personna.
    The only Royal family members (Medusa and Gorgon) that have been prominently featured on Inhuman have been depicted greatly IMO well until the AXIS crap was tied-in. Black Bolt being Maximus's puppet was poorly done but I don't mind it that much coz he has been absent since the book begun anyway.

Too much under-developped new characters.
    With this I will totally agree that most of the new characters are underdeveloped.

Absence of a reel plot. I failed to see a cohesion, as if the is no real direction on this book.

I thought the premise of this book was, find Black Bolt, rebuild Attilan which then becomes a sanctuary for all NuHumans and save Inhumans from being exploited for their powers.

Lockjaw has been busy with his ambassadorial duties.
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-08-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Amazing Member

In many ways, printing a new title is arisky business if not planned well.

The inhumans had a long history, and when it's scheduled to publication, we expect to find some inhumans in it.
    The absence of Karnak & Crystal, and the underuse of Triton, failed to provide a solid foundation in order to built a new Inhuman diasporama. We agree that the new characters are under-developped, one more reason to keep in the background the classical line-up, in order to gives the push for the rookies.

Crystal has been over in New Zealand cultivating cantaloupes for a new Terrigenesis process, hoping to sweeten the transformation process.

She recently left her daughter Luna in the care of her Ex-Husband, Quicksilver, so that she can further dedicate herself to said cantaloupe without distraction or fear of the crop being eaten by her pesky unaging daughter.

Kids. Pfft.

EDIT: She's in Iceland.

also? Why did Karnak kill himself again? I forget.

Niffleheim

Karnak is not absent he is dead. Only the writer knows why Crystal hasn't made an appearance since the book begun and why Triton is so underused. Maybe they don't excite him that much or maybe he is saving them for future use - we will never know.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Karnak is not absent he is dead. Only the writer knows why Crystal hasn't made an appearance since the book begun and why Triton is so underused. Maybe they don't excite him that much or maybe he is saving them for future use - we will never know.
    You know very well that dead and absence are very abstract (and interchangeable) concept at Marvel.

Mighty Member

Well, how do you develop the new characters if you don't continue to feature them?

They really need another Inhumans book to balance it out...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-jam View Post
    You know very well that dead and absence are very abstract (and interchangeable) concept at Marvel.
    Karnak cant be compared to other more popular Marvel characters who were resurrected. I have read the older version of the character and he was freaking annoying and useless. Maybe he could have been toned down like Gorgon has but I still feel like death becomes Karnak
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-08-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Well, how do you develop the new characters if you don't continue to feature them?
    The new characters are plenty features in the current run. But no developpement. And it it not because the old guard take too much places, since there is very few original inhuman in duty at attilan.
    I think that this serie lacks structure. Everything is rushed and delivers in bulk.
    At the defense of mr.Soule, it may be not easy to write properly a serie with many characters, both old and new, and try to fit them in the interminable suite of major events Marvel dropping by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    They really need another Inhumans book to balance it out...
    I expect that after the spring crossover/what ever the Inhumans Rising teaser was alluding to we'll see the book relaunch to escape the stymie of the creator switch. We'll either have a new #1, the book will switch to "Inhumans," or "Nuhumans." Or they'll give Medusa a solo. Either way the creative team will stay the same.

This new Inhuman serie is BOSS.
    Haters to left.
    To the left.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Karnak was killed before Inhuman started? I'm not sure that criticism should be levelled at this book.
    The new characters are underdeveloped? Well, duh. They are new, they will get fleshed out in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Crystal has been over in New Zealand cultivating cantaloupes for a new Terrigenesis process, hoping to sweeten the transformation process.

She recently left her daughter Luna in the care of her Ex-Husband, Quicksilver, so that she can further dedicate herself to said cantaloupe without distraction or fear of the crop being eaten by her pesky unaging daughter.

Kids. Pfft.

EDIT: She's in Iceland.

also? Why did Karnak kill himself again? I forget.
    Wait?! Crystal doesn't have to spend 24/7 in Medusa's back pocket? Whodathunkit!?

it's possible that karnak was killed as a subtle message from matt fraction to the readership. it's well-known he left the series on poor terms, perhaps this was his payback.