Thread: Amiibo

SHSO Quick Guides Creator the_key_24's Avatar

Amiibo cards were announced today

I have all the hype.
    SHSO Squad Name: Squire Bird Mage
    Next DUEL Most Wanted List: Warriors of the New Age
    Next SOLO Most Wanted List: thwip, thwip, thwip

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

good and bad, IMO, the cards are great for people who just want it for the game function, but the little figures are neat to collect and people like me who want all the figures and don't have all of them now means you will have to pay ebay prices to get the ones you want.

Luckily for me, I do have all of them but that's cause I preordered from japanese/european sites for the ones I'm missing, not that much more in price and I don't care about packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Prime View Post
    good and bad, IMO, the cards are great for people who just want it for the game function, but the little figures are neat to collect and people like me who want all the figures and don't have all of them now means you will have to pay ebay prices to get the ones you want.

Luckily for me, I do have all of them but that's cause I preordered from japanese/european sites for the ones I'm missing, not that much more in price and I don't care about packaging.
    Yep yep, I was going to save the Mario Amiibo for much later cause I wasn't worried about his lack of stock, but now =X

I'm debating on whether to get Luigi + Bowser + Toad too, just to complete my Mario collection, those £15 are really taking their toll on my wallet...

eh I won't, I don't even own the Rosalina Amiboo anyway, my little sister does, if they're still on stock near my Birthday or something, then I might.

They should've made those Amiibo cards like TCG cards, I would've gotten sucked into them SO HARD. I used to be super into Yu-Gi-Oh when I was young lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Guys, I need creative name ideas for the following Amiibos:
    Princess Peach, Bowser, Zelda, and Mega-Man.
    I put my Peach in a Green Dress and called her Avacado lol not smart but yeah. Everyone else IDK

If I had Mega-Man I'd probably just call him after the boss the power-up costume represent, like Air-Man, Wood Man, Top-Man etc~ I'm not creative.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing about the amiibo cards, should have made them TCG and made a F2P wii u/3ds download game with them where we can battle people over the internet with them.

The amiibos have so much potential, but lets see what Nintendo does with it. If you made them a TCG that can be played without the system and with the system, that would be instant win for me, I love the idea of a game you can take anywhere and play anywhere and anyway.

There are so many ideas they can do with NFC tech, but I've yet to see a game that does it like a collectible game. They are really missing the boat with this.

I just got in my villager and wii fit trainer from Germany, they came.... BENT! NOOOOOOOOOO! lol the only 2 I was going to leave in their box for collection haha, oh well. paying 12 euros is whatever considering ebay prices for any of them are over 40 dollars USD. DAMN YOU, AMAZON GERMANYYYYYYYY! haha

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Are there any differences in the German or Japanese Amiibos from the American ones besides the packaging? I'm desperate for a Rosalina.

SHSO Quick Guides Creator the_key_24's Avatar

Are there any differences in the German or Japanese Amiibos from the American ones besides the packaging? I'm desperate for a Rosalina.
    No difference. It's the only thing Nintendo {thank goodness} doesn't have region locked.
    SHSO Squad Name: Squire Bird Mage
    Next DUEL Most Wanted List: Warriors of the New Age
    Next SOLO Most Wanted List: thwip, thwip, thwip

yup, they are all the same, just buy where you want them from if you really want them, people pay more for the North American version, but once exclusives came out, I decided I didn't care where I ordered them and just got those ones from Japan/europe. I did have 2 lucarios and I gave one to someone I know who was having trouble getting it.

The Super Mario series Amiibos will be getting their own Wario, Rosalina and Donkey Kong for their 2nd Wave. They will probably be more common than the Smash Bros versions.

I've been using the site nowinstock.net to find rarer Amiibos (worked for Pit and Rosalina). You can sign up with them, and they'll send you emails when various sites like Amazon or Target stock the item.

I do have to say, I have literally no interest in card versions of the amiibo characters. The only rare one I want that I don't have is the Wii Fit Trainer, and I don't want a card of her.

My Megaman finally came in the mail, love it, my favorite one so far in terms of looks.

BANNED

I've been collecting the Pokemon ones. I hope Mewtwo gets one when his DLC is officially out for purchase.

Rosalina and Samus are next on my list

I've just ordered the woolly/yarn Yoshi amiibo, I'll only buy an amiibo if it has a decent use for the game and from the footage shown this fits the bill plus it looks great!

So I have the splatoon 3 pack preordered, the silver Mario amiibo

and now

A marth amiibo!

I only got Wario but I just own an original 3ds, so I treat it like a toy, hope nintendo could release Tingle in Zelda series.
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.