Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amiibo

Default Amiibo

Has anyone here picked up any amiibo?

I have the samus, link and Yoshi amiibo, and preordered mega man and ike but aside from maybe fox I don't think I want anymore

what about you guys?

I got a Peach and a Wii Fit Trainer and I would've bought Mario if it wasn't sold out everywhere.

I don't want to spend too much on them, so I'm asking for a Samus, Link and Yoshi one for Christmas, Link just cause of the unlockables in Hyrule Warriors tbh lol, in the end, I'll probs buy the rest of the Mario ones + Jigglypuff, cause bias, but stop there. Actually that sounds like a lot, but they're released far apart from each other that they won't be out for a while lol

Oh, I might buy a Marth one for my older sister for Christmas! She loves FE lol and def another Rosalina for my youngest sister, she loves her.

So, to answer you're question....I'm buying a lot lol, TBH, I probs won't use them much in my game, I just like figures and collectables lol

I'm also simultaneously hoping they will and they won't release Pokemon Amiibo's, I'll prob limit myself to 3 or sth, and won't be able to decide! ;~;

What is annoying is Nintendo's under stocking of all of them, it's so bad, and apparently they're discontinuing some of them very soon, it's like, some people didn't even get a chance to grab them!
    Last edited by Step; 12-09-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Just Link mainly to unlock the Spinner in Hyrule Warriros, I may get Captain Falcon so I can make believe I'm playing F-Zero in Mario Kart 8. I doubt I will buy anymore unless some intresting uses for them are announced for future games.

I have Princess Peach and I plan on getting Zelda and Pit next week when they're released. I'm considering getting Wii Fit Trainer since she, Villager, and Marth are going to be discontinued, and I like playing as the male Wii Fit Trainer on Smash. I'll also get Jigglypuff and possibly Robin (if they have a female sculpt one) when they're released, and of course Toad or other characters not in Smash Bros.

I really hope Nintendo eventually releases a Disney Infinity/Skylanders-esque game for use with the figurines, though. As it stands, they're used in what... 3 games? Captain Toad doesn't even have Amiibo capabilities yet despite being announced as one of the games that does. But if they do ever come out with a game like DI/Skylanders, I have a feeling Marth, WFT, and Villager will get shafted since so few people would have them, Nintendo wouldn't want to spend all that time making them for the game.

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

I got Samus cause she is my favorite Nintendo character. I'm hoping Zero Suit Samus comes out one day also.

I can't wait for Megaman to come out next feb.

I mostly bought them for being nice little desk pieces

At least the Link one for the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors. Maybe some of the others if they go on sale down the line.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I have Link, Peach, Mario, Samus, Pikachu, and Kirby. The detail on the sculpts is great. I'm probably going to get Captain Falcon, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Pit, and Mega-Man at some point, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    At least the Link one for the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors. Maybe some of the others if they go on sale down the line.
    From the sounds of it the price wont go down and they are will probably increase on Ebay, Amazon etc.

I got Zelda today. <3 Her sculpt is so beautiful, and I'm really impressed with the paint job. I'm sad they didn't have Pit yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I got Zelda today. <3 Her sculpt is so beautiful, and I'm really impressed with the paint job. I'm sad they didn't have Pit yet, though.
    I was shocked they had it in store! I thought it came out on the 19th in the EU lol

Regardless, I bought 2 for two of my sisters lol, a Zelda and a Pit, now I just need 2 more for my other two sisters, unfortunately one LOVES FE and I can't find a regular priced Marth anywhere and the other one likes Rosalina OTL Which isn't going to come out in time for Christmas

People think that Nintendo will stop making wii fit trainer, marth and villager amiibos, just cause one canadian video game retailer is having trouble getting those ones in stock. So, people are buying them like crazy now and selling them on ebay for at least 5 times of what they are worth.

I think this is stupid and isn't the first time this happened with Nintendo, Fire Emblem Awakening when it first came out was a limited first run cause they didn't know the demand for it, so it sold out really fast, it took me a long time to find a copy on launch day But, more came. So if you do see them, buy them before someone else does just for the sake of selling them and leaves someone who actually wants to buy them to use out in the dust

But, Toys R Us had a sale, buy 3 for 30 dollars, so I decided to buy 6 of them lol, so now I have, Fox, Kirby, Zelda, DK, Link, Yoshi.

I would have bought more of the 2nd wave that is supposed to be out, but like I said, people are now going mad buying them, the only ones in stock are all Mario, Link and Pikachu I was lucky to find Fox, it was the last one of him I could find in the stores in my area.

Fantastic Member

Stores have done a really terrible job of stocking these.

Mario and Donkey Kong are the only ones I see consistently. Some have Link*, Kirby, Pikachu, Yoshi, and Peach but they weren’t as heavily ordered as you’d expect them to be and I’ve never seen half of the supposedly released figures in the wild. I really don’t want to get them all** but it would be nice to have a choice.

Then there’s the huge amount of work involved in finding where they might be. I don’t get how anyone but the hardest of hardcore collectors can keep track of which figures are part of which waves or which ones are exclusives. I know that Marth is impossible to find but – since my FE experience consists entirely of Awakening – I really only care about “Girl Marth”. I have no clue how/where/when to get Lucina. Google searches mostly turn up what appear to be miscredited images of a non-Amiibo toy.

*That is one horrible looking figure. Toon Link looks cute though. I could do without the plastic pillar poking his crotch but at least he’s not peeing down his leg.

I sort of hope the more unstable looking figures from the early waves are replaced with functionally identical versions whose feet are planted firmly on the ground. I don’t mind that the first edition Wii Fit Trainer is becoming a collector’s item but it would be nice of people had the option of owning a version of her who doesn’t look like she was in a tragic gym accident.

**Compatibility with other games is key for me. Some get you very little outside of Smash. I still don’t know which ones are supposed to eventually work with the Toad game that’s been out for a couple weeks. The Links seem functionally identical outside of Smash (though they are arguably the most versatile so far). Zelda apparently won’t get you anything in MK8 but she might be among the best to have for Hyrule Warriors.

Still, the mental image of adult Zelda on a shelf next to Toon Link makes me think of her having to warn the neighbors every time she moves somewhere new.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I picked up Diddy Kong today!
    My Toys R Us still has plenty of Amiibos including Diddy Kong, Zelda, and Little Mac.

The next star fox and Zelda games are confirmed to use the amiibos.

I go into my stores to get Diddy Kong and Little Mac.... one guy came into Toys R Us and bought all of them. So I go down to EBgames, gone again....... by 2 people this time.
    I asked if I can reserve one and pay for it when they come in, but all stores in my area say the same thing, they don't if they are getting more in so they won't reserve/preorder in my area, which I know is BS, I doubt Nintendo would just release one shipment and say F U to everyone else when they are selling.

I asked if any of them are getting the exclusive amiibos, all no and I don't know.

Scalpers in my area are pissing me off.

I always collect Nintendo stuff, I love their characters. So my collecting greed is making me ANGREYYYYYYYYYYY!

Yay, Toad amiibo at last!

Plus Lucina, Robin, Pac-Man, Charizard, and Ness are in the next wave.