Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amiibo

I've got Link just for the Hyrule Warriors extras and wasn't intrested in getting any others but I really want some of the Fire Emblem ones now for use in STEAM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yay, Toad amiibo at last!

Plus Lucina, Robin, Pac-Man, Charizard, and Ness are in the next wave.
    Wait, are those Mario characters getting another set of amiibos?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Wait, are those Mario characters getting another set of amiibos?
    Yup. They're making the Mario series to coincide with the release of Mario Party 10. All nine of those will be compatible with the game (and the Toad amiibo will be compatible with Captain Toad).

Will the previous versions be compatible with the game or will I probably need to buy another set?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Will the previous versions be compatible with the game or will I probably need to buy another set?
    They're the same as the previous versions. The only thing different is the sculpt. But you'll have to delete your Smash Bros. data on any amiibos you want to use with Mario Party 10.

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

the smash bros ones will work still.

Thanks for your help!

Fantastic Member

i hate how theyre releasing same characters already. c'mon, why dont they re-release the rare ones, maybe a wave with mix of mario characters (for Mario Party) and rare ones (from Smash). they didnt even feature at least different costumes or colors for the same set characters. i havent started collecting though... but if im to start, ill probably get all mario characters for last

I think they want to get rid of the smash line and change it to a series based amiibos sets. It's the only reason I can think of for getting rid of them so fast and discontinuing them.

Look at the fire emblem characters, they are going to be used in at least 2 more games that are coming out, the Project Steam game and the next Fire Emblem. It would be stupid if they didn't make more stock of them. How else will be able to play these features without the amiibos for them?

So, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Kirby set of amiibos, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, etc to go with the Mario set and then show a list of games they can work with on their packages.

^Them being discontinuing seems to be not true as they've said they are making more of them. The problem seems to be Ninty under-estimated their popularity beyond the likes of Mario, Link etc so everyone else was very limited, saying that I can't see them making many more of Wii Fit Trainer.

To not be screwed over by gamestop with the shulk amiibo, I went ahead and order it from Japan for 20 dollars with shipping.

They are all the same, only difference is the packaging language on it :P cause screw them, I went in there to preorder it and they only allow for 2 preorders for it and it's from the same guy getting both from the store. I call BS on this. Cause there are rumors that they want to withhold them and sell them "used" at a higher price.

Germany I love you! I found all the rare amiibos for retail price over there! So I have them all now Can't wait to go back home now and put them on my display shelf. Damn you Nintendo, they know how much I love their ****.

I can't wait for my Figma Lucina figure to come out in April! The Link, Pit and Samus figures are awesome, so I'm excited for this figure too.

I love that you can make her in her Marth disguise with the figure. That sold me right away.

Guys, I need creative name ideas for the following Amiibos:
    Princess Peach, Bowser, Zelda, and Mega-Man.

Apparently there's an Wii U update coming where you can tap your Amiibo on the gamepad and it will let you play a random section from one of the Amiibos game, sound intresting but with Nes Remix and the demos in Smash Bros I'm not sure it's needed beyond trying to validate the Amiibos more.

I'm thinking of getting the Toon Link one. Don't have anything to use him on, I just think he'd be cool to stare at.