The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Default Amazo vs Martian Manhunter

Can Amazo handle MM's psychic abilities? Can MM handle Amazo's many many powers? Only time.. and Rumblers can tell.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

The thing is, at fight start, Amazo gets Manhunter's psychic abilities, and all the rest of his powers, so.. J'onn's kinda screwed here.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The thing is, at fight start, Amazo gets Manhunter's psychic abilities, and all the rest of his powers, so.. J'onn's kinda screwed here.
    Lets do this then... Amazo is shielded from taking his opponents abilities.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Generally speaking, Amazo SHOULD be immune to the psychic stuff being a robot. He's also got the Flash's speed, heat vision, and various energy and transmutation powers. He should take this I figure.

Are we assuming that Amazo has the JLA's (big 7) powers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I suppose I would ask, how quickly does Amazo copy powers? Like if this was Amazo vs Flash, is Flash speed stealing the dude or is he just going to have copied his speed before he can?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I suppose I would ask, how quickly does Amazo copy powers? Like if this was Amazo vs Flash, is Flash speed stealing the dude or is he just going to have copied his speed before he can?

For whatever this is worth Flash DID speed steal the dude, but not before Amazo had already beaten the **** out of him, and it seemed to just drop Amazo down the level where the rest of the League could handle him rather than a statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    In Justice League of America 23, Amazo responded to Supes superspeed attack...with superspeed (and a nice dose of red sun radiation, a la Firestorm). So to answer: not long at all. His next skirmish was with Wally and he responded with attacks at what appeared to be similar speeds. And then followed with what appeared to be one, right after the other, of the JLA's individual attacking powes.

Wally used speed steal in that fight as a last resort, as Amazo clearly had him on the ropes. Of course, that was the comic.

In a Rumbles fight, since Amazo and Wally are familiar with one another, Wally would have to get close enough to Amazo to speed steal...which is dubious since Amazo is aware of that little trick.
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."