Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Re member

Often comes out the winner when they battle, winds up being the antagonist in stories that have the long term effects on the Superman franchise, carries his own stories, is always prepared with weapons to "take down" Superman, inexhaustible resources, driven by the ghosts of childhood trauma that have molded his psychosis....

Maybe it's Batman.

BANNED

It feels more like a stunt, look superman's joker!!!!

Pak doesn't even understand how Joker works or who batman is.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Sounds like a fun story.

Pak is just giving SUPERMAN a villain akin to 90s Toyman/Joker. People read too much into these things.

Pak's wrote a pretty good Batman since this series started. That he doesn't understand him is ridiculous. As far as Joker, he hasn't even written the guy yet, so I don't even know where any evidence would come from to make such a disparaging comment.

I don't remember Conduit...Was he really that psycho?

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Well I'm waiting for Batman's Lex Luthor...oh wait...he got him too.
    It's actually Ra Al Ghaul. If Batman has Lex, I demand we have Ra.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Pak's wrote a pretty good Batman since this series started. That he doesn't understand him is ridiculous. As far as Joker, he hasn't even written the guy yet, so I don't even know where any evidence would come from to make such a disparaging comment.
    Pak batman is bland, the best he wrote bat was when he lost the memory. It's almost a parody...the insinuation that one day batman could kill joker was pretty dumb. batman would never talk like this.
    Pak has no idea of joker modus operandi, he doesn't care for the loved one. Just the masked ones.

Batman has never thought about killing the Joker? Well that's just wrong on all levels. Just because he has a no-kill code doesn't mean its easy to keep, and doesn't mean its not something that he weighs in his mind. ESPECIALLY when it comes to the Joker. That's not a parody, that's just proper characterization.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-09-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

The story itself is called The Nemesis Objective. "Superman's Joker" was just the first issue, which works in light of Batman kind of calling it that, but would indeed be a pretty awful story arc title.

I thought Pak's impetus for blending his Bat-chocolate with his Super-peanut butter was right on. This title is the best place for Superman to encounter brooding Batman-style threats and for Batman to get some wide-eyed optimism in there. The art is good. The damage is enough to make us (and Superman!) madder than hell. And I'm certainly curious to see who it might be. I like the Conduit speculation because I want to see Conduit in all his day-glow neon yellow and chrome glory.

But the way Superman's friends were shot with like, super bullets? I'm almost thinking we might see the return of Nimrod the Hunter, actually. Guy was all about super-tech rifles, killing rare species (his introduction was him killing a T-Rex, somehow!) and he's the guy who shot Superman in the brain with a teleportation gun and a tesseract bullet.

Phantom King came back in a pretty big way in Pak's Action run so far, Comet is back in Supergirl, Metallo is being reduced more and more from his humanity, Steel is front and center, Brainiac is back EVERYWHERE IN ALL EXISTENCE. Nimrod's a solid choice. And one of the few cool Morrison toys that hasn't been picked back up yet.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Batman has never thought about killing the Joker? Well that's just wrong on all levels. Just because he has a no-kill code doesn't mean its easy to keep, and doesn't mean its not something that he weighs in his mind. ESPECIALLY when it comes to the Joker. That's not a parody, that's just proper characterization.
    Agreed. Batman and his decision of whether or not to kill the Joker is a pretty important part of their relationship. The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight both have moments where Bruce struggles with his no-kill rule

Astonishing Member

I'm betting on Nimrod the Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    The story itself is called The Nemesis Objective. "Superman's Joker" was just the first issue, which works in light of Batman kind of calling it that, but would indeed be a pretty awful story arc title.

I thought Pak's impetus for blending his Bat-chocolate with his Super-peanut butter was right on. This title is the best place for Superman to encounter brooding Batman-style threats and for Batman to get some wide-eyed optimism in there. The art is good. The damage is enough to make us (and Superman!) madder than hell. And I'm certainly curious to see who it might be. I like the Conduit speculation because I want to see Conduit in all his day-glow neon yellow and chrome glory.

But the way Superman's friends were shot with like, super bullets? I'm almost thinking we might see the return of Nimrod the Hunter, actually. Guy was all about super-tech rifles, killing rare species (his introduction was him killing a T-Rex, somehow!) and he's the guy who shot Superman in the brain with a teleportation gun and a tesseract bullet.

Phantom King came back in a pretty big way in Pak's Action run so far, Comet is back in Supergirl, Metallo is being reduced more and more from his humanity, Steel is front and center, Brainiac is back EVERYWHERE IN ALL EXISTENCE. Nimrod's a solid choice. And one of the few cool Morrison toys that hasn't been picked back up yet.
    Never thought of Nimrod. I hope he is the villain. Dude was cool. But he seen more like a Kraven-type than Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Never thought of Nimrod. I hope he is the villain. Dude was cool. But he seen more like a Kraven-type than Joker.
    That was my thought as well; Nimrod doesnt seem to be a "burn it all down for the lolz" kinda villain.

But who knows? We havent seen him in a while, maybe he had a really, really bad day. That's a Killing Joke reference btw
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    ...the insinuation that one day batman could kill joker was pretty dumb. batman would never talk like this.
    Pak has no idea of joker modus operandi, he doesn't care for the loved one. Just the masked ones.
    Actually, you're very wrong. Batman struggling to control himself and not kill the Joker is a pretty big crux of their dynamic; used by many writers for decades and decades, from Snyder to Miller to Loeb, and plenty more. As for whether Joker cares for the masked allies or the loved ones, both or neither, that depends on the writer, the story, and Joker's mood.

Im getting the feeling you have not actually read a lot of Joker stories?

And I totally agree with Prime; Ra's would make a great Superman villain. I have no issue with villains being used by different heroes; its not like Lex "cant" ever be used as a foil for Batman or Flash or whoever, just like Superman can "borrow" Doctor Psycho and Hector Hammond. But Ra's and his whole end game motivation just feels like it would fit Superman really well.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That was my thought as well; Nimrod doesnt seem to be a "burn it all down for the lolz" kinda villain.

But who knows? We havent seen him in a while, maybe he had a really, really bad day. That's a Killing Joke reference btw
    Hell I even thought he was Kraven when they introduced him. But he doesn't look like the type who kills for lols. Hell, even Joker doesn't kill for lols.