Astonishing Member

Default Possible E2 WW Hint from World's End 10 Preview

In the Earth 2: World's End 10 preview, Clark--having been found alive by Lois, Thomas Wayne, and their friends--says that Darkseid sought out a Kryptonian and Amazonian, went back to the place of their demise, and "revived us." The word "us" would seem to imply that Wonder Woman was revived, too--which may leave us wondering if she's still alive, and if so, where she is.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...view/20080727/

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    In the Earth 2: World's End 10 preview, Clark--having been found alive by Lois, Thomas Wayne, and their friends--says that Darkseid sought out a Kryptonian and Amazonian, went back to the place of their demise, and "revived us." The word "us" would seem to imply that Wonder Woman was revived, too--which may leave us wondering if she's still alive, and if so, where she is.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...view/20080727/

I would be tickled pink if they brought back the Earth 2 Wonder Woman(as long as it lasted and she didn't turn into one of Darkseid's slaves).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Assuming this is actually the real Superman and not another Bizarro, I would wonder why Desaad would need to go back to where they died since Diana actually left a corpse behind to bury.
    I get Superman because he was blown up, and Desaad quite likely would need to be near his place to death to perform his hokus pokus, Diana however is more than likely still interred somewhere (PI probably), so perhaps theres going to be more than one. (Also couldn't he just 'sample' Fury?)

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Assuming this is actually the real Superman and not another Bizarro, I would wonder why Desaad would need to go back to where they died since Diana actually left a corpse behind to bury.
    I get Superman because he was blown up, and Desaad quite likely would need to be near his place to death to perform his hokus pokus, Diana however is more than likely still interred somewhere (PI probably), so perhaps theres going to be more than one. (Also couldn't he just 'sample' Fury?)
    My gut feeling is that this will turn out to be Fury, but perhaps he needed a "pure" Amazon (i.e. not a half Apokalitan) for his hokus pokus (thank you for using that term btw ... makes me happy for no real reason)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    The wording is "He sought out a Kryptonian, an Amazonian, clones...He went back to the site of our destruction and revived us...I still do not know how...But he is trying to make warriors...champions..." (And a possessed Helena supplies the word Superman needs: "furies.")

Since he says "site [singular--not site, but sites] of our destruction," it seems that he's referring to an "Amazonian" who was destroyed at the same site where he was destroyed, and I think this more or less has to mean Wonder Woman, not Fury (though I wouldn't be surprised if the Fury we've seen turns out to be a hybrid clone of Wonder Woman and Superman--i.e., one of the "furies" that the forces of Apokolips are trying to make--and not actually the long-lost natural daughter of Wonder Woman whom she believes herself to be).

As for why they had to return to the site of the battle--maybe her corpse was destroyed in the aftermath, off panel? Maybe she left behind some mystical energies that needed to be recaptured, via the magic of Apokoliptikan science, in order to revive her? Maybe the creative and editorial team forgot that she left a corpse behind and that it would have been buried elsewhere? I don't know.

BANNED

The wording is "He sought out a Kryptonian, an Amazonian, clones...He went back to the site of our destruction and revived us...I still do not know how...But he is trying to make warriors...champions..." (And a possessed Helena supplies the word Superman needs: "furies.")

Since he says "site [singular--not site, but sites] of our destruction," it seems that he's referring to an "Amazonian" who was destroyed at the same site where he was destroyed, and I think this more or less has to mean Wonder Woman, not Fury (though I wouldn't be surprised if the Fury we've seen turns out to be a hybrid clone of Wonder Woman and Superman--i.e., one of the "furies" that the forces of Apokolips are trying to make--and not actually the long-lost natural daughter of Wonder Woman whom she believes herself to be).

As for why they had to return to the site of the battle--maybe her corpse was destroyed in the aftermath, off panel? Maybe she left behind some mystical energies that needed to be recaptured, via the magic of Apokoliptikan science, in order to revive her? Maybe the creative and editorial team forgot that she left a corpse behind and that it would have been buried elsewhere? I don't know.
    Fury is not a clone, she is WW daughter. The timeline wouldn't make any sense if that was the case.
    her DNA is half human (amazon) and half apokaliptian

The solicits until now doesn't mention the return on WW, but it would be good if she had a moment with her daughter in the case that Dessad still have WW alive

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Fury is not a clone, she is WW daughter.
    So she believes, sure. But I would think that something will come of Superman's comment that the Apokoliptikans were trying to make furies by cloning him and Wonder Woman, and, given the mention of furies in connection to Wonder Woman, it seems not too far-fetched to guess that this could have something to do with Fury. So, I just wondered, what if "the Fury we've seen" (as I called her) isn't the real daughter (who could be dead, or still out there somewhere) but a hybrid Krptonian/Amazonian clone with fabricated memories? The whys and wherefores would have to be revealed, and it's not the likeliest scenario in the world, I'll grant you; in that aside in my post, I only said "I wouldn't be surprised."

BANNED

So she believes, sure. But I would think that something will come of Superman's comment that the Apokoliptikans were trying to make furies by cloning him and Wonder Woman, and, given the mention of furies in connection to Wonder Woman, it seems not too far-fetched to guess that this could have something to do with Fury. So, I just wondered, what if "the Fury we've seen" (as I called her) isn't the real daughter (who could be dead, or still out there somewhere) but a hybrid Krptonian/Amazonian clone with fabricated memories? The whys and wherefores would have to be revealed, and it's not the likeliest scenario in the world, I'll grant you; in that aside in my post, I only said "I wouldn't be surprised."
    In Futures End they already say she is in part apokoliptian, and somewhere she is half human and half apokoliptian. If she had a kryptonian DNA it would have been discovered on cadmus island.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    In Futures End they already say she is in part apokoliptian, and somewhere she is half human and half apokoliptian. If she had a kryptonian DNA it would have been discovered on cadmus island.
    OK, point taken. Thanks!

E2 Wonder Woman coming back would be the only thing that would make me okay with Superman being alive. If he gets to come back so should she. Even though I preferred it the way it originally went down, that all three Trinity members flat out sacrificed themselves and are no more. Oh well.