BANNED

Default what would you like to see in a new spiderman animated series

if the ultimnate spiderman cartoon finally gets put to rest for good what would you want to see in a new spiderman project and who do you want to helm the project?

All-New Member The Amazing Spider-Man's Avatar

Spectacular Spider-Man season 3.

Realistically, I would love a series in the art style in the vein of Tim Sale's art style, produced by Jeph Loeb. Not necessarily Spider-Man Blue.

By the way, your question made me wonder why we don't see animated films of Spidey. We get Avengers, Hulk, Iron Man, but no Spider-Man.

BANNED

Another voice actor for Spider-Man. Drake Bell just doesn't do it for me. He has zero range as an actor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMacQuarrie1 View Post
    Another voice actor for Spider-Man. Drake Bell just doesn't do it for me. He has zero range as an actor.
    while i love CDB and josh keaton i think we should give others a shot. i think jason spisak and will freidle would do just fine

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    while i love CDB and josh keaton i think we should give others a shot. i think jason spisak and will freidle would do just fine
    Will Freidle I can agree on. That guy actually has range and has worked well in animation before. He doesn't have much variation in his voice, but he can deliver a performance when he needs to.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMacQuarrie1 View Post
    Will Freidle I can agree on. That guy actually has range and has worked well in animation before. He doesn't have much variation in his voice, but he can deliver a performance when he needs to.
    Yes, Spider-Man with Ron Stoppable's voice would be AWESOME!

I said Ron Stoppable, Terry McGinnis is too cookie-cutterly same as any other dime-a-dozen confident young male hero voice.

Astonishing Member

The Spectacular Spider-Man return.

I would just be happy to have a spider-man cartoon where I don't feel like I need ADHD to keep up. I have enjoyed spider-man cartoons right from the original, I grew up watching the original spider-man cartoon along with Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (tapes and re-runs, since I'm only 29!) and I enjoyed those. Also enjoyed the 90s Animated Series, as well as the MTV series they had out for a while. Spectacular Spider-Man was also pretty good before it got cancelled.

That being said I have tried to watch Ultimate Spider-Man a few times and I just can't get into it. I'm not sure how to describe it but it is like the scenes flash from one thing to the next every 5 seconds or so. I wouldn't mind something that was a bit less flashy and a bit smoother in its development. But a lot of cartoons seem to be going that way these days so maybe I will have to wait a nice while until that style of cartoon is over with in a few years.

Two things. I would like to see Spectacular Spider-Man Season 3, or a series in which showrunners with a proven track record are given carte blanche to adapt the series without any major restrictions (IE- The no old people rule for the MTV cartoon, The censorship in guns and death in the Fox cartoon) for a PG rated series.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I don't watch that stuff. I'd want something a bit like the 90's Batman TAS cause that's the best animated superhero series I can think of.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    I don't watch that stuff. I'd want something a bit like the 90's Batman TAS cause that's the best animated superhero series I can think of.
    That was a pretty awesome animated series.

As for a the topic - I'd want Spectacular Spider-Man Season 3 like others have said, or a series that wasn't dumb. Kids are not as dumb as they think lol.

Spider-Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Spider-Man View Post
    Spectacular Spider-Man season 3
    Yep. That'd do.
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name is Spider-Man and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I second Will Friedle as Spider-Man/Peter Parker. Hell, his character in Batman Beyond was pretty much Spider-Man in a Batsuit --- teenage protagonist who sets out to avenge the death of his father (figure) as a costumed hero, tries to balance his superhero life with his regular teenage life, has as one of his major nemeses an evil corporate tycoon who gains powers of his own and a deep antagonism with the hero the more said hero foils his plots, and battles a number of villains that are takeoffs of Spider-Man's rogues (Stalker = Kraven the Hunter, False Face = Chameleon, Inque = Sandman/Hydro-Man, Spellbinder = Mysterio, among others). Wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to do Spider-Man outright, and Ron Stoppable and Spider-Man are generally similar characters in that they're both awkward, dorky characters whom despite being almost constantly weighed down with self-doubt always manage to rise to the occasion and save the day when the chips are down. Bring in Christy Carlson-Romano as Mary Jane Watson and it'll be a nice Kim Possible reunion.
    The spider is always on the hunt.