Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default If you could redesign the lantern emotional spectrum how would you do it?

So I kind of find the lantern emotional spectrum very confusing, unbalanced, and some of the corps I find hard to make sense. So I wanna know if other people feel the same and how would the change the spectrum

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Get rid of Indigo because Indigo is not a color of the rainbow any more.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Get rid of Indigo because Indigo is not a color of the rainbow any more.
    What? Since when?

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

There would only be green lanterns and the return of the amazingly awesome cosmic DCU that has taken the backseat since the cosmic rainbow threw up rings across the universe. Then the real Lobo will come out of hiding and eat GQ-Lobo.

BANNED

I would keep the emotion spectrum for the most part but would also add rings that are powered by a person's faith in the God's of Mythology and some of the stars named after them.

There would be a clown Lantern based on the star CEPHEUS

Cepheus forms a shape resembling the cap of a clown. Its wedge corner is very close to Polaris and is one of the circumpolar stars.

There would be a Dragon type Lantern based on the star/constellation Draco, the Dragon

Another famous constellation near the North Pole is Draco meaning Dragon placed beneath the Ursa Minor.

Maybe Lanterns based on the Orion and Hercules star/constellations.

Hercules holds a bow in his outstretched arm. Just shot an arrow to the Dragon or possibly to the bird nearby. Hercules is located directly north of Scorpius

http://www2.potsdam.edu/islamma/phys...tellations.htm

Doesn't need any redesign its fine as it. ROYGBIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Doesn't need any redesign its fine as it. ROYGBIV.
    I think it's confusing and complex. Most of the emotions aren't emotions plus the only balanced lanterns are green. Like blue lanterns needing green lantern to have full power other than that they are really weak. All red lanterns are just rage monsters tgat can't really control themselves. It feels like it has potential but just doesn't really go anywhere.

Would blow the whole thing up and go back to Green Lanterns being space cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    I think it's confusing and complex. Most of the emotions aren't emotions plus the only balanced lanterns are green. Like blue lanterns needing green lantern to have full power other than that they are really weak. All red lanterns are just rage monsters tgat can't really control themselves. It feels like it has potential but just doesn't really go anywhere.
    Its not complex its really simple, green is the only one isn't a emotion and that the reason its in the middle as the most balanced one, as Willpower is the ability to control emotions, Red and Violet are at opposite ends because both of them are the most dangerous to their wielders also Red can control themselves if they're dipped into the blood lake on ysmault.

Extraordinary Member

That is only true if you don't actually read the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Its not complex its really simple, green is the only one isn't a emotion and that the reason its in the middle as the most balanced one, as Willpower is the ability to control emotions, Red and Violet are at opposite ends because both of them are the most dangerous to their wielders also Red can control themselves if they're dipped into the blood lake on ysmault.
    willpower isn't and shouldnt be the ability to control emotions. That doesn't make sense. Hope isn't an emotion, greed isn't an emotion. Fear isn't really an emotion. The emotional spectrum is so confusing. I like the concept of the emotional spectrum but I think it's done bad and the only one that is interesting are the green lanterns. They shouldn't have gone to expand if if the didnt bother to put depth into other lantern corps

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    That is only true if you don't actually read the books.
    I do read the books. I made a hyperbole

Extraordinary Member

willpower isn't and shouldnt be the ability to control emotions. That doesn't make sense.
    Uh, yeah it is. How do you control yourself from acting too emotionally? You will yourself to act differently.

Hope isn't an emotion
    Yes it is. Emotions are things that people feel. People feel hopeful.

greed isn't an emotion
    Yes it is. People feel greedy.

Fear isn't really an emotion.
    ....I don't think I should even have to explain this one.

The emotional spectrum is so confusing. I like the concept of the emotional spectrum but I think it's done bad and the only one that is interesting are the green lanterns. They shouldn't have gone to expand if if the didnt bother to put depth into other lantern corps
    No, its not. And that's your opinion. There are probably people who feel like the most interesting ones are the Star Sapphires or the Red Lanterns or the Sinestro Corps. Don't confuse your opinions with fact.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 12-09-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Uh, yeah it is. How do you control yourself from acting too emotionally? You will yourself to act differently.

Yes it is. People feel hopeful.

Yes it is. People feel greedy.

....I don't think I should even have to explain this one.

No, its not. And that's your opinion. There are probably people who feel like the most interesting ones are the Star Sapphires or the Red Lanterns or the Sinestro Corps. Don't confuse your opinions with fact.
    You are right. All I wanted to know was if anyone could make their own lantern emotional spectrum how would they do it. I thought it would make for a fun and interesting discussion. I got a little off track and I appologize for it

willpower isn't and shouldnt be the ability to control emotions. That doesn't make sense. Hope isn't an emotion, greed isn't an emotion. Fear isn't really an emotion. The emotional spectrum is so confusing. I like the concept of the emotional spectrum but I think it's done bad and the only one that is interesting are the green lanterns. They shouldn't have gone to expand if if the didnt bother to put depth into other lantern corps
    It actually is, Willpower is self control, and self control is the ability to controls one's emotions,behavior and desires.

the problem with the others is you're looking at it as basic emotions which is more than that.

Hope is a emotion it's a form of Joy.
    Rage is Anger
    Fear is a emotion
    Avarice is Envy, the problem is envy is normally associated with the Green but so is Will.