Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Underused? These kids were used alot recently. If he wants underused x kids. Pick the new xmen and Generation hope.
    I agree. Generation Hope had some great characters like Teon that if they get used, it's only for filler in other things.

Also, what about Nature Girl? She was introduced like, yesterday. Is she just gone now? She never even had a story line, just a couple nods.

I totally understand a new creator coming on and wanting to play with his own toys. And I'm excited to see more of Martha and Ernst, among others. Just found Deer Girl super intriguing. C'mon Elliott; she doesn't even talk! She won't take up much space! Find a place for the girl!

BANNED

Ernst/Martha
    Last edited by Swashbuckler; 12-09-2014 at 05:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jMac View Post
    I agree. Generation Hope had some great characters like Teon that if they get used, it's only for filler in other things.

Also, what about Nature Girl? She was introduced like, yesterday. Is she just gone now? She never even had a story line, just a couple nods.

I totally understand a new creator coming on and wanting to play with his own toys. And I'm excited to see more of Martha and Ernst, among others. Just found Deer Girl super intriguing. C'mon Elliott; she doesn't even talk! She won't take up much space! Find a place for the girl!
    This guy picked A LOT of characters with no development. sorry. Eye Boy has the most of all his students. Disprove me. Shut it with his student choice.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Sweet! TrueBelieverTony got his question answered!
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

... he's very judgmental about their current, relatively cloistered and mutant-business-focused philosophy. For him, having powers means you help everyone, mutant or not. For them, being a mutant means foremost protecting other mutants in a dangerously anti-mutant world. They're both pretty valid philosophies, and though I don't get too deep ... it's that disagreement that drives their conflict.
    Pass. I don't need to read Spider-man lecturing mutants about their priorities. I do love that Marvel's most popular hero is going to be giving the case against the JGS folks in a JGS book. Hilarious. They can't even win in their own books any more.

And what's the point of the JGS, again? I didn't think it was foremost students protecting other mutants in a dangerously anti-mutant world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    This guy picked A LOT of characters with no development. sorry. Eye Boy has the most of all his students. Disprove me. Shut it with his student choice.
    I don't think you can really say Hellion and Rockslide have had no development. They've certainly done better than any of the other NXM not named X-23. Hellion's problem is that writers keep sticking him back in turbodouche mode even though he's learned those lessons already. SEVERAL times.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime21 View Post
    Kinda scary when the writer doesn't know who's alive or dead or a villain now etc. Add to that the fact that he plans on writing Hellion as a brat, which is actaully a regression and he's using Eyeboy, Sharkgirl and Glob herman and calling them fan favorites and the feeling is yet again Marvel has given us a writer who knows little about and cares little about the Xmen. I'd like to know what message baords this guy is visiting where people are clamoring for those characters, because in every one I've seen, people are asking about the New Xmen not this garbage.

I really dont get why they keep revamping and reimagining and giving all the chances to so-and-so and the Xmen books, when in the same breath they justify cancelling Xfactor and Xforce.

The one issue that could have been somewhat interesting was what was mentioned in the last question regarding the potential character conflict on the basis of philosophy and superheroes, mutants etc. But he then pissed that away by saying he wouldn't get too deep into that because he had to leave room for plenty of jokes. Really? The Xmen especially on this side of the Schism are a joke. The deeper issues are what should be explored but it seems they want to stick with the silliness.

Not encouraged at all by this.
    I agree with the bolded part.

Chris Claremont used his Facebook a few months ago to ask his fans for status updates on x-book characters that he hadn't kept up with. He wanted to know if a certain character was dead or good or evil.

So embarrassing for those books, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Pass. I don't need to read Spider-man lecturing mutants about their priorities. I do love that Marvel's most popular hero is going to be giving the case against the JGS folks in a JGS book. Hilarious. They can't even win in their own books any more.

And what's the point of the JGS, again? I didn't think it was foremost students protecting other mutants in a dangerously anti-mutant world.
    And just like that my interest in this book dropped to 25-30%. Spidey does remember all those murdered mutant kids right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't think you can really say Hellion and Rockslide have had no development. They've certainly done better than any of the other NXM not named X-23. Hellion's problem is that writers keep sticking him back in turbodouche mode even though he's learned those lessons already. SEVERAL times.
    Exactly. No growth. Rockslide has more than Hellion. Overall, it's still a pretty under used cast.

And yet people are still gonna read it...

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    NO ONE LIKES SHARKGIRL AND EYEBOY!! ( I say this having never read a story involving them, by I'm sick of no one using the New X-Men, so there.)

I feel like I 'm in church keep speaking the Truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Exactly. No growth. Rockslide has more than Hellion. Overall, it's still a pretty under used cast.
    "No growth" and "Reset button" aren't exactly the same thing. Otherwise you could make the argument that in mainstream comics, NO ONE experiences character growth because Status Quo Is God.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime21 View Post
    Kinda scary when the writer doesn't know who's alive or dead or a villain now etc.
    I agree. And I don't get who's he talking about. The last one who left the school/joined Cyclops was Kitty, one year ago. Well, Toad and Glob left too, but obviously he didn't care. And I can't remember any JGS student or staff member who died or become a villain.
    And he did use a dead character, Unus the Intouchable, but I guess he didn't figure out.

Aaanyway, it's ok if he's a little lost, the editors are there to help with that. But sadly the X-Editors don't care/don't know about that kind of stuff.

he's using Eyeboy, Sharkgirl and Glob herman and calling them fan favorites and the feeling is yet again Marvel has given us a writer who knows little about and cares little about the Xmen. I'd like to know what message baords this guy is visiting where people are clamoring for those characters, because in every one I've seen, people are asking about the New Xmen not this garbage.
    I think he likes them not because they're fan favorites, but because:
    I just like how visually interesting these characters are. I wanted a team that looks neat and weird, and it doesn't get weirder than a see-through man, a floating brain, and a shark-headed girl.
    Aaron much?

The one issue that could have been somewhat interesting was what was mentioned in the last question regarding the potential character conflict on the basis of philosophy and superheroes, mutants etc. But he then pissed that away by saying he wouldn't get too deep into that because he had to leave room for plenty of jokes.
    If the jokes are like the ones from the preview...

Quote Originally Posted by jMac View Post
    She was created by Latour, but he was too busy with Quire.

Wow and just the day before its release...

BANNED

I'll pony up if he pulls it out.