Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone else bummed there's no WW on this list?

I do, however hope the Titans series happens ... Maybe we'll get Donna on the small screen

http://www.newsarama.com/22940-as-se...velopment.html

BANNED

we are getting the WW movie, so i'm not that much bummed. But I see flash and arrow and get a little upset that WW could have a tv show for now

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I do, however hope the Titans series happens ... Maybe we'll get Donna on the small screen

http://www.newsarama.com/22940-as-se...velopment.html

I just hope when we do get a Wonder Woman TV show, it's exactly that and not a prequel. Don't get me wrong, Gotham has been great but what I've read so far about Krypton makes me say "so what?" I want the show to start right before the contest on Paradise Island. Diana's immaculate conception can be shown in flashbacks.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

gotham is a weird tv show, tries to be everything

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    we are getting the WW movie, so i'm not that much bummed. But I see flash and arrow and get a little upset that WW could have a tv show for now
    Oh, I think it's safe to say Diana may yet get a TV show. DC has even expressed an interest in doing one already.

I think they're waiting to see what happens with her solo movie. If the movie does well, I think that's going to open a LOT of new doors for Diana.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I just hope when we do get a Wonder Woman TV show, it's exactly that and not a prequel. Don't get me wrong, Gotham has been great but what I've read so far about Krypton makes me say "so what?" I want the show to start right before the contest on Paradise Island. Diana's immaculate conception can be shown in flashbacks.
    Totally agree! Krypton sounds wretched to me from what I've read. I'm still a little sad that CW didn't develop the Amazon series they talked about a couple of years ago would be a nice addition to the budding DCTVU Arrow and Flash have going. Gotham is pretty good too, but I'm not sure where it's going just yet ... Seems a little lost to me, but I do like it.

Astonishing Member

If I got to choose, I'd go with a WW animated series.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    If I got to choose, I'd go with a WW animated series.

That would be my first choice.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

No. She belongs on the big screen, not the small screen of limited budgets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Oh, I think it's safe to say Diana may yet get a TV show. DC has even expressed an interest in doing one already.

I think they're waiting to see what happens with her solo movie. If the movie does well, I think that's going to open a LOT of new doors for Diana.
    DC/warner always interested, but no one takes the action and do it. Johns went ahead and took initiaive for flash.
    there's still a lot of time for it happen.

a animated tv show could be really good, even better than a live action. But DC is poor on animation ultimately

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    No. She belongs on the big screen, not the small screen of limited budgets.
    Indeed. The DC Holy Trinity should only belong to the big screen when we are talking about live action work. You want a WW show ? Try animated. Sorry but CW shows feel cheap.

Incredible Member

But DC is poor on animation ultimately
    What ?

BANNED

But DC is poor on animation ultimately
    Eh... think most would agree that while Marvel is currently ruling the big screen, DC has owned animation since 1993.

Amazing Member

a animated tv show could be really good, even better than a live action. But DC is poor on animation ultimately
    Now that's something I've not heard before, Superman animated, Batman animated, Justice League/Unlimited and a number of DC animated films (Flashpoint, TDKR are two of the top of my head) would disagree with that. Certainly better than Marvel at least. Those shows/films above beat out anything Marvel has done animated wise for quite a while and perhaps of all time.

As for WW I'm fine with her not having a TV show, budget and production realities mean that a show would never do her justice. I like Arrow and Flash despite their faults but they are a different kettle of fish from Wonder Woman. Yes the special effects on the Flash are pretty decent but there is a difference between creating a red/yellow blur and some slow motion and bringing to life a woman who flies around punching monsters that at times are larger than buildings.

WW best bet is on the big screen, hopefully they don't screw it up like they did Man of Steel (my opinion of course).

BANNED

For a Wonder Woman live TV show, maybe they can get an acclaimed director like David E. Kelley.........umm, never mind.