Super Moderator

Default Pipeline - Dec 9, 2014

We don't know why comics go wrong, but one issue of Wildstorm's "Global Frequency" didn't quite work. Plus, the return of The McSpidey Chronicles!

Full article here.

Honestly, I felt GF went wrong when the stories stopped being about "ordinary people saving the world" and instead became "highly trained spec-ops types shooting the badguys while being sarcastic". But it was still a fun series.

All-New Member

"disappearing off to Hollywood for a number of years to do storyboards" I think there's your answer. Typical Hollywood actions scenes, fights in particular, are usually an incoherent mess.

My biggest issue with Global Frequency was that each story felt like it could be told in 8 pages. I'm not anti-decompression by any means, but I think if you're going to try to tell a complete story in 22 pages then you need to be a bit denser.

As an aside I've read Ellis acting flabbergasted that people complain about decompression in Global Frequency when it's "an exercise in recompression". I don't know what recompression is, but GF certainly felt decompressed to me.