Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

This thread needs to take it easy.

Having said that, heres the Image section of my latest pull list report, including preorders

Black Science
    Dying And The Dead
    East Of West
    Fade Out
    Lazarus
    Low
    Nameless
    Prophet Earth War
    Roche Limit
    Saga
    Tooth & Claw
    Umbral
    Velvet
    Zero

BANNED

Sadly, the only Image book on my pull is Invincible. But I'm open to more titles. Rat Queens, Spread, Saga & Five Ghosts sound intriguing to me.

Well, my Image pull list has grown quite a bit this year and will get bigger next year. I've cut back on quite a bit of my Marvel pull list to be able to afford the Image titles. I love em' too much!

Birthright (Have loved the first 3 issues. Still mixed on the twist at the end of issue 1 but I understand it. Art is fantastic!)
    Black Science (Will read this until Remender finishes it. Love this book. Reminds of Sliders and Quantum Leap)
    Copperhead (One of my favorite new books. Enjoyed this one more than I thought I would)
    Drifter (Good start. Fantastic art!)
    Dying and the Dead (Starts in January. Looking forward to another Hickman book. Especially this one.)
    East of West (With this fine, fine book until the end)
    Great Pacific (Final Issue #18 supposedly comes out next week. Has taken 3 months to get this last issue out since #17 came out)
    Lazarus (Didn't start reading this until recently when I landed issues 1-10 on eBay for $5.00 and was able to get #11 to current at my LCS)
    Low (I've liked this first arc. Curious to see how long Remender has this plotted out.)
    Nameless (Begins February 4. A Morrison sci-fi book sounds great to me)
    Outcast (Love the book but the first six issues have faced kind of ridiculous delays for a brand new book)
    Postal (Begins February 4. Story sounds interesting.)
    Rasputin (Am enjoying this more than I thought I would with the limited dialogue that has been in it)
    Rise of the Magi (Have enjoyed this fantasy story more than Umbral but the delays on this book are really bad)
    Roche Limit (Love the "realistic" sci-fi approach to this and love that there are 3 five issue arcs to this story)
    Savage Dragon (Have been with this book since issue #1 and will read it until Eric Larson decides to end it)
    Spawn (Have been with this since issue #1 through the good and the bad. Looking forward to Al Simmons coming back as Spawn)
    They’re Not Like Us (Begins December 24. Don't know what to make of this one, but am willing to try it.)
    Tooth and Claw (Great start to a great new fantasy series. Art is awesome!)
    Trees (Have enjoyed this book and the art. Hope Ellis continues beyond issue #8)
    Umbral (Finally decided to drop a book. I can't get with the story or IMO the not good art. Will finish the second arc and then that's it for me)
    Wayward (I know some people have been mixed about the story, but I've enjoyed the first arc, love the art, and love at the end of the book they give a little Japanese lesson on culture or folklore)
    Wytches (I'm with this one for a while. I love it)

Pick up in trades... The Walking Dead. Also, I'm really thinking about picking up Five Ghosts. What I've flipped through I've really liked.

Coming out in February are two I'm not quite sure about yet. The Empty and the superhero book Secret Identities. They're not on my pull but will probably check them out on the shelf when they come out.

Books that Image has announced but has yet to set a release date....

Restoration
    Descender
    Tokyo Ghost
    Invisible Republic
    Southern Cross
    Injection

Also, I know that after Image Expo next month there will be more books that I'm gonna want.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 12-11-2014 at 01:50 PM.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

East of West
    Lazarus
    Jupiter's Legacy
    Zero
    Sex Criminals
    Pretty Deadly
    Velvet
    Black Science
    The Saviors
    Southern Bastards
    C.O.W.L.
    Outcast
    Low
    The Fade Out
    Wytches
    Supreme: Blue Rose
    Trees
    Ody-C

Trade:

Saga (started before I collected monthlies on the regular)
    Bitch Planet (most likely)

Edit: I hope it's BIG enough for ya (God, now I have to say this about comics, too?)!
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 12-11-2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Had to after that ridiculous post.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
    I didn't realise this topic was about comparing dick sizes, I wouldn't have bothered writing since I don't collect that many. Thought we would be showing a list, maybe write about a few of them and find out which is doing well, so others can check it out...
    Lol. Great post. "Mines bigger"? Are we 10?!
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
    I didn't realise this topic was about comparing dick sizes, I wouldn't have bothered writing since I don't collect that many. Thought we would be showing a list, maybe write about a few of them and find out which is doing well, so others can check it out...
    I wasn't trying to start anything honestly. I just noticed that my list seemed longer and causally mentioned it. Nothing else.

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Wow, what a thread. I gotta admit it was pretty funny to read the brief (and totally justified) detour into male organ comparisons.

My list is only trades for the most part since I don't have a shop and I like trades better than issues anyway.

My Buy List:
    Prophet
    East of West
    Manhattan Projects
    Lazarus
    Trees (when it comes out)
    Zero (might drop this one, I like it, but I had a discussion with Ales Kot online recently and I really do not care for him).

Stuff I need to try:
    Supreme Blue Rose
    Southern Bastards
    Drifter
    Rumble
    Dead and Dying
    They're not Like Us
    Tooth and Claw (read the first issue which I liked a lot, but not decided whether I want it as trades yet).
    Pretty Deadly

I have tried a bunch more that were of varying qualities, I'll pretty much try anything from Image as long as it's not on my list of Authors who have always disappointed me.
    Last edited by Agent John Bishop; 12-11-2014 at 03:03 PM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Wayward (I know some people have been mixed about the story, but I've enjoyed the first arc, love the art, and love at the end of the book they give a little Japanese lesson on culture or folklore)
    Yeah, I'm with you. It's been a very pleasant surprise.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post

Restoration
    Descender
    Tokyo Ghost
    Invisible Republic
    Southern Cross
    Injection
    Looking forward to all of these as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Looking forward to all of these as well.
    I'm really hoping we see Southern Cross in the March solicits.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I'm really hoping we see Southern Cross in the March solicits.
    Becky Cloonan had said winter 2015 so that meant January or February (which didn't happen), or first half of March. So fingers crossed.

Copperhead
    Drifter
    East of West
    The Fade Out
    Lazarus
    Low
    Nailbiter
    Revival
    Spawn
    Spread
    Tooth & Claw
    The Walking Dead
    Witchblade

I also get Elephantmen in trades.
    Last edited by GrifterWC; 12-14-2014 at 02:44 PM.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Bishop View Post
    Wow, what a thread. I gotta admit it was pretty funny to read the brief (and totally justified) detour into male organ comparisons.
    I've seriously been since jumping back in this thread. I wasn't even trying to call out InformationGeek or anything, just was kind of more pointing out how many ppl out there have huge pull lists. I should've added a surprise face or something to maybe put it in better tone/context (like, "have you seen the first page?? ").

I was also lol'ing at the idea of posting "you call that a pull list?" but don't wanna get Asgardian all raged up!
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Mind MGMT, Promethea

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I was also lol'ing at the idea of posting "you call that a pull list?" but don't wanna get Asgardian all raged up!
    Yeah, re-reading this whole thread has been funny. But that comment above actually made me lol.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

WOW! Some impressive pull-lists you guys have.

My Image pull-list currently consists of:

God Hates Astronauts
    Bitch Planet
    The Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw
    Copperhead
    Oddly Normal
    The Fade-Out
    Wytches

I thought I was reading a lot more Image than this. I am a disgrace
    Last edited by quinnzel; 12-12-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender