Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Here is the problem -

You point out that Orion is too thick to get what is obvious to everyone else. When he is dealt with like someone who is too thick to get it, you want readers to feel sorry for him.

Does not compute.
    but it is NOT that obvious, there is not and never will be anything wrong with flirting with a friend ally and woman who has not yet told you, your doing something that displeases her. for all orion knew she was waiting the return the form of attention to when the urgent matters where done with.

there was something wrong with the slap absolutely but a punch to the face should have been enough to make that clear to him the moment he did it.

Mighty Member

evangelionofasgard. Your thoughts on this one? Lower left panel, where/when the sphere hits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Thing is, (regardless form of it) sterilisation is not a common threat. And those I know who lost their "use" of their junk haven't been as deeply scared as those I know who fallen victims to sexual violence. FAR FROM. Nor have I heard or read such thing being a trauma comparable to rape.

And there's actually alot of jokes surrounding "castration". Ever watched Jackass and such? Kicking someone in the nuts seems like great fun according to those who made and watch the show. So it definitely doesn't seem off limits when it comes to jokes.

Point to the story (in the comic) is that Orion sways his junk around as if it was some gold chain. Diana then uses his strength (since she's always using someone's strength against themselves in this run.) against him. Perhaps she could'v used her lasso of truth for a similar effect (making him confess what'd happen if she ripped his cojones off), but she took the matter into her own hands. While not proper, I think it served it's point.

As said. IMO. I think we'd have a better world women would be more aware of this, and men aware of that.
    Unwilling castration without anesthesia is worse than rape, far worse. That's what Wonder Woman was threatening Orion with. Dismemberment. The female equivalent of this would be a man threatening to rip off a woman's breast if she ever disrespected him again.

That people are willing to joke about castration and not the female equivalent shows how little they care about men in relation to women.

The sociopathic apathy on display is astounding, I'd give them credit for the apology if it weren't so blatantly half-hearted.

Any group of men talking like that about the female equivalent on national television would be fired. Feminist would cry misogyny, label it a systemic problem with society and generally use it as an illustration of why women must be even more protected than they already are.
    Last edited by Lax; 12-12-2014 at 05:52 AM.

Spectacular Member

While fans may not like how WW chose to deal with Orion sexually harassing her. He was wrong, plain and simple, there no excuses! He got what he deserved!! It's make a statement when a person thinks what he was doing was flirting, funny and it ok!! This is why there is a big problem with sexual harassment, cat call, slapping women butts, unwanted touching, being called by a bodyparts it's all in good fun! I'm guy, I gained more respect for WW for not putting up with Orion crap!! Instead of smiling an putting up with Orion Behavior. WW made a stand, if he keep sexually harassing her there a price to pay!! Orion brought it on himself !! I don't feel sorry for Orion at all!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 12-12-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Unwilling castration without anesthesia is worse than rape, far worse. That's what Wonder Woman was threatening Orion with. Dismemberment. The female equivalent of this would be a man threatening to rip off a woman's breast if she ever disrespected him again.
    Well he did again (the moment after, then calling her legs a couple of times.), but Diana didn't feminize the spaceman. Figures it wasn't a whole hearted threat.

That people are willing to joke about castration and not the female equivalent shows how little they care about men in relation to women.

Youtube video containing some women's show.

The sociopathic apathy on display is astounding, I'd give them credit for the apology if it weren't so blatantly half-hearted.

Any group of men talking like that about the female equivalent on national television would be fired. Feminist would cry misogyny, label it a systemic problem with society and generally use it as an illustration of why women must be even more protected than they already are.
    I was talking about the trauma caused by rape and loosing one's use of zee nuts. People I know. And rape (both sexes) seems a bit harder to live with it than sterilization. I even know a guy who proudly wears a tshirt where it says the doctor had "them" removed in order to cure his cancer. Another one that can laugh about the incident that tooks his.

But that's that.

What you posted seems like video about a bunch of women having a unfortunate laugh on the telly about a chopped off "johnson". All of them seems quite aware how wrong it must seem for the viewers, and one even raises a finger pointing out that cutting of funbags would be a similarly bad topic to laugh about. then CUT to an episode following that one, where they say they're sorry.

I was talking about balls. And Jackass. And here's a video from Jackass where they throw balls at balls.

Fun? IMO: Not so much. But there seems to be alot of people that think it is.

And as for the issue about the Diana/Orion moment. Kind of fun. Very bad ass. And something I think it'd be good if both fems and men where more aware of.
    Last edited by borntohula; 12-12-2014 at 02:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post

evangelionofasgard. Your thoughts on this one? Lower left panel, where/when the sphere hits.
    1.) he tore his own flesh off removing his gents so yeah that's his problem
    2.) even if he had not, he is a mass murderer with genocidal intentions, he gets whatever comes to him.
    3.) are you really comparing first born's crimes to orion's words and butt slap... seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    While fans may not like how WW chose to deal with Orion sexually harassing her. He was wrong, plain and simple, there no excuses! He got what he deserved!! It's make a statement when a person thinks what he was doing was flirting, funny and it ok!! This is why there is a big problem with sexual harassment, cat call, slapping women butts, unwanted touching, being called by a bodyparts it's all in good fun! I'm guy, I gained more respect for WW for not putting up with Orion crap!! Instead of smiling an putting up with Orion Behavior. WW made a stand, if he keep sexually harassing her there a price to pay!! Orion brought it on himself !! I don't feel sorry for Orion at all!!
    thats like saying a woman brought being raped or being threatened with rape on herself by having too much cleavage.

no he was not wrong to flirt with a woman, No man is until she tells him to stop, and she did Not do so.
    it is not harassment if she enjoys it and approves of it, and until she says she feels otherwise there is zero reason to assume she does feel that way.

cat calling is harassment as you do not know said person and its completely random and out of the blue, slapping butts and touching is ABSOLUTELY harassment, and like i said i would be fine with her beating his ass, but regardless... MY POINT IS....

WORDS of any kind and meaning no matter how vulgar or malice filled, which orion's where not all that
    &
    a faint slap on the ass.

Does Not physically harm or damage diana in anyway shape or form, and she is the goddess of war so its not going to make her afraid of him ether.
    there for it does not and will never EVER equal a threat of a punishment worse than death.

Mighty Member

evangelionofasgard, Watch the jackass video I posted, and perhaps you'll see what I meant when I wrote that some sees it as great humour.

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    2.) even if he had not, he is a mass murderer with genocidal intentions, he gets whatever comes to him.
    3.) are you really comparing first born's crimes to orion's words and butt slap... seriously?
    Looks like he still "got it" in this scene. Hence his proposition.

Orion is a space fascist that agrees with all sorts of ill things when it's the will of Highfather. He's also willing to kill a baby.

And/but no. I haven't said I'd compare the two of them.

I'd rather compare First born to Diana since they share similar backgrounds but also each other's opposites. And Orion to Aleka. Both of them are from a -what they think is- perfect place, they're both angry gingers and they both try to put Diana down in hopes to get her (but she hits back), they're both friends with a "victim" (Aleka/Zola and Orion/Milan) of which both are offspring of Zeus and have steered Orion's astro harness.

See now why I'm on about "duality", two sides to things --blabla all the time?

It's because the book is filled with it. Which is why Orion's balls got to be both strength/weakness. Same thing with Diana's mercy. Also in the writing. Bitch both being used as a bad word for women and a bad world to grow up in, but also to describe a strong mother (WW#First Born). Diana being the GOD of war, Orion the DOG of war. Men = seed vessels (WW#7). Fems = baby vessels (WW#35). And so on, I could go on to the eternity and beyond. But I'll stop there by saying it's good that you're aware how bad balls can hurt. Must mean you're good to women
    Last edited by borntohula; 12-12-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

no he was not wrong to flirt with a woman, No man is until she tells him to stop, and she did Not do so.
    Yesterday, you conceded that what she was immediately responding to was not just flirtation, and that the innuendos that immediately provoked this incident were intended to make Diana feel uncomfortable. A lot of us don't make a lot of concessions around here, so I thought you showed class and integrity by doing so. But if he was trying to make her uncomfortable, then it was, by definition, harassment, right? I can understand arguing that her threat was disproportionate to this particular harassment; but, after making that concession, why keep talking about flirtation, and why compare his flirtation to "too much cleavage"? "Too much cleavage" isn't really comparable to innuendo about incest, is it?

until she says she feels otherwise there is zero reason to assume she does feel that way.
    I think he could see she was shocked and displeased by the butt slap, and I thought that you acknowledged that she showed she was uninterested by her reaction to his "your cute when your angry" comment in 18. To me, his nastier comments in 19 make him sound like like he knows very well that she's not interested, and he's peeved by that so he's trying to get under her skin.

Invincible Member

We might be losing sight of the fact that rape and genital mutilation are not gender specific. Women do undergo genital cutting and men do get raped.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    1.) Yesterday, you conceded that what she was immediately responding to was not just flirtation, and that the innuendos that immediately provoked this incident were intended to make Diana feel uncomfortable. A lot of us don't make a lot of concessions around here, so I thought you showed class and integrity by doing so.

2.) But if he was trying to make her uncomfortable, then it was, by definition, harassment, right?

3.) why keep talking about flirtation.

4.) I think he could see she was shocked and displeased by the butt slap

5.) and I thought that you acknowledged that she showed she was uninterested by her reaction to his "your cute when your angry" comment in 18.
    1.) thank you, when evidence is provided, i will concede your point absolutely. i am many thing, but stubborn in the face of proof is rarely one of them
    2.) yes, that said i think he was jealous of diana being friendly with lennox, and he had no idea of how to deal with it, so overcompensates with the uncomfortable jokes, and to be fair, with greek mythology the incest possibility is not half as far out there as it is for normal everyday people.
    3.) i conceded that was what he was doing in that scene, not prior scenes.
    4.) certainly, i am not and will not defend the butt slap.
    5.) that was a response to a moment of emotional connection between them, and he had no idea how to handle it.
    she responded by blowing him off and walking away, but from orion and my point of view that could have just been a response to him taking the tender moment and making it a joke or about something else than it was and less a response to the flirtatious statement itself. she could be mad just cus that was the absolute wrong time for that statement and not cus she dislikes the statement period.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    We might be losing sight of the fact that rape and genital mutilation are not gender specific. Women do undergo genital cutting and men do get raped.
    absolutely correct, that said, when women want to punish men, they typically go to castration as a threat, while when men want to punish women, rape is there go to sadly, we focus on what hits that gender in general the hardest.
    Last edited by evangelionofasgard; 12-12-2014 at 05:10 PM.

BANNED

1.) well i do not read crossed lol, but i do read a good number of dark books out there
    2.) unclear you don't understand how this could shake the confidence of any man it happened to? or a male reader seeing it happen?
    3.) the act is horrifying and humiliating in and of itself, but then on top of it, there are other gods in the room including hera, and also a human who will not longer think of his as all that after it.
    a person orion cared about, lusted after and held in the highest regard as ally just threatened to destroy the absolute most important non life or mental fuction related body part for the rest of his possibly eternal life and he was powerless to defend himself or his honor.
    how in god's name could his confidence not be destroyed?
    -----------Double post-------------------
    Last edited by gingergypo; 12-12-2014 at 05:22 PM.

BANNED

1.) well i do not read crossed lol, but i do read a good number of dark books out there
    2.) unclear you don't understand how this could shake the confidence of any man it happened to? or a male reader seeing it happen?
    3.) the act is horrifying and humiliating in and of itself, but then on top of it, there are other gods in the room including hera, and also a human who will not longer think of his as all that after it.
    a person orion cared about, lusted after and held in the highest regard as ally just threatened to destroy the absolute most important non life or mental fuction related body part for the rest of his possibly eternal life and he was powerless to defend himself or his honor.
    how in god's name could his confidence not be destroyed?
    Because it was an empty meaningless threat and I trust Orion understood that

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I wonder how fans would have reacted and the tables had been turned with Orion grabbing Diana's vagina and threatening to rip out her ovaries?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Invincible Member

absolutely correct, that said, when women want to punish men, they typically go to castration as a threat, while when men want to punish women, rape is there go to sadly, we focus on what hits that gender in general the hardest.
    Sure, but crude jokes aside...how often are women literally going around castrating men? It's not hard to find sobering statistics on both male and female rape victims. It's not hard to find articles on female circumcision.

And Yeah, I know there's news stories where women have cut men in that way, but as a man, how often have you thought, "I better not go-to-that-party/walk-down-that street/tell-that-person-off/post-my-opinion-online because some woman might cut my family jewels off"?
    Last edited by ed2962; 12-12-2014 at 06:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Sure, but crude jokes aside...how often are women literally going around castrating men? It's not hard to find sobering statistics on both male and female rape victims. It's not hard to find articles on female circumcision.

And Yeah, I know there's news stories where women have cut men in that way, but as a man, how often have you thought, "I better not go-to-that-party/walk-down-that street/tell-that-person-off/post-my-opinion-online because some woman might cut my family jewels off"?
    Yeah exactly, that's why this can be taken more light-heartedly than a man threatening a woman in the same manner, since male-on-female violence is something that women, unlike men, are very mindful of like white-on-black and black-on-white racism, we can pretend it's the same thing but it's not.