Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

You know I'm imagining an alternate universe where they did that Marvel Phase 3 panel and there's an awesome video trailer with Evans and Downey quoting lines from the comic - "This armour's recorded every punch you've thrown." "You really think I'm going go down to a pampered punk like you?" - with zooms on the Cap and Iron Man armours, and then the colours change to a very distinctive red and blue. The crowd goes nuts as it pans over the Spider-Man logo and there's a line from Andrew over it before it pans out to show the whole Spider Logo.

Pause.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR bursts onto the screen and the crowd screams some more.

The lights go on and the producer is delighted to welcome Andrew Garfield to the MCU as he steps out, followed by Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Spider-Man in Civil War would not have made sense.

"OMG! That guy who was not a part of the MCU just unmasked himself! This affects nothing in the MCU!"
    Except if he unmasked in the MCU, he would be part of the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Except if he unmasked in the MCU, he would be part of the MCU.
    but nothing has been built around. he wasn't daredevil where since bendis' run people know who he is.

I think the real takeaway from the WSJ article is that Sony doesn’t really have a plan. According to the report, there’s going to be a summit in January to decide the future direction of the character. TASM2 (which, full disclosure, I enjoyed) came out in May. They’ve had almost half a year to consider how to move forward.

Even back in July, when Orci departed the franchise, he indicated everything was still up in the air. http://www.slashfilm.com/amazing-spi...es-third-film/

With all the vacillating and noncommittal news about Sinister 6/Venom/untitled female spinoff over the last several moths, I think this news makes it clear that the studio still hasn’t even decided what direction to go in. (That, and the deleted scenes with Norman's severed head and Peter's father still alive.) And given all the foreshadowing they forced into the first two films, the lack of direction is even more jarring.

I still want to hope for the best, but for the first time I see the possibility of a real mess in the future. At this point, I would be fine with starting from scratch rather than risking things getting even more convoluted. If Sony isn't willing to sell the rights to marvel, they should at least consider replacing Arad and recruiting people who understand the character well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    I think the real takeaway from the WSJ article is that Sony doesn’t really have a plan. According to the report, there’s going to be a summit in January to decide the future direction of the character. TASM2 (which, full disclosure, I enjoyed) came out in May. They’ve had almost half a year to consider how to move forward.

Even back in July, when Orci departed the franchise, he indicated everything was still up in the air. http://www.slashfilm.com/amazing-spi...es-third-film/

With all the vacillating and noncommittal news about Sinister 6/Venom/untitled female spinoff over the last several moths, I think this news makes it clear that the studio still hasn’t even decided what direction to go in. (That, and the deleted scenes with Norman's severed head and Peter's father still alive.) And given all the foreshadowing they forced into the first two films, the lack of direction is even more jarring.

I still want to hope for the best, but for the first time I see the possibility of a real mess in the future. At this point, I would be fine with starting from scratch rather than risking things getting even more convoluted. If Sony isn't willing to sell the rights to marvel, they should at least consider replacing Arad and recruiting people who understand the character well.
    like drew goddard since he's not only a great talent but a comic book fantatic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    You know I'm imagining an alternate universe where they did that Marvel Phase 3 panel and there's an awesome video trailer with Evans and Downey quoting lines from the comic - "This armour's recorded every punch you've thrown." "You really think I'm going go down to a pampered punk like you?" - with zooms on the Cap and Iron Man armours, and then the colours change to a very distinctive red and blue. The crowd goes nuts as it pans over the Spider-Man logo and there's a line from Andrew over it before it pans out to show the whole Spider Logo.

Pause.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR bursts onto the screen and the crowd screams some more.

The lights go on and the producer is delighted to welcome Andrew Garfield to the MCU as he steps out, followed by Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr.
    that is something i'd love to see Garfield is the perfect peter parker and spiderman and his interaction to the entire marvel universe would be perfect. i also hope after civil war the hire garfield to cameo and crossover a few times in a netflix series and start the series as a show by 2018 with garfield reprising his role for the first season

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Drew Goddard also did Cabin in the Woods, which is one of my favorite horror movies (if you can really call it a horror film), so I agree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Drew Goddard is actually involved in the Sinister Six movie. He left the Daredevil Netflix show in favor of Sinister Six.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Drew Goddard is actually involved in the Sinister Six movie. He left the Daredevil Netflix show in favor of Sinister Six.
    i know. i'm saying that since they have him they could maybe put him as the producer of the franchise.

and i hope the continue TASM series with a netflix series

BANNED

I hope amazing spiderman 3 flops. So spidey can be done justice by marvel instead of sony.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    I hope amazing spiderman 3 flops. So spidey can be done justice by marvel instead of sony.
    i hope it doesn't. i also hope we don't get to see spiderman in movies. the mythos has to be done justice on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    On the contrary. I hope it does well. I want Spidey to have good movies. If Marvel really wants Spidey in the MCU and accelerate the demise of Sony's rights they can put Spidey on TV. That way we get a lot of good Spidey material and eventually the rights revert.

iMan 42s

Can't they use MVP? Like he wears a stealth suit or something designed by Stark with a spider-man silhouette. Like during civil war due to Ultron Tony decides human pilots would be better so he gives them low grade Iron-man suits and recruits MVP, he becomes apart of Tony's new initiative and BAM kinda sort of spider-man in the MCU.

Sony cant use MVP so Marvel uses him instead. Relatively easy fix.
    Use grappling hooks instead of webbing, limited wall crawling, no spider insignia but more stark tech on spandex looking, don't even bother with the spider sense and keep he red and gold coloring.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

"Sony Pictures president Doug Belgrad tells Ms. Pascal about a potential scenario that would see Marvel produce a new trilogy of Spider-Man movies while Sony retains 'creative control, marketing and distribution.'"
    Yeah, the thought of Sony retaining "creative control" is a scary thought.

Spidey crossing over and appearing in a Civil War film could've been one of the biggest comic movie events ever, a lot of people would've been lining up to see that. What a shame it fell through, more for Sony.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Spider-Man is a multi billion dollar franchise. No way on earth does Sony (or theoretically Marvel) pass up a movie to do a TV show. If they somehow got the rights back a Spidey film would be fast tracked as a prized asset of the MCU, not wasted on Netflix.