Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Except if he unmasked in the MCU, he would be part of the MCU.
    Which I will hate, cause Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 were not my thing.

BANNED

eventually spider-man will be in The MCU...probably sooner than we expect judging from how clueless sony seems to be about spidey's future

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Except if he unmasked in the MCU, he would be part of the MCU.
    It won't have as much impact as other characters in the MCU that have already been established. Besides secret I.D aren't even an issue in this 'verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It won't have as much impact as other characters in the MCU that have already been established. Besides secret I.D aren't even an issue in this 'verse.
    Exactly, which Avenger has a secret identity in the MCU? None yet...

Spider-Man is the ONLY hero you could put into the MCU right now and have instant recognition without a need of a backstory. Ok, maybe Wolverine, but that is pretty much it and it would be a coup if they got him. Can you imagine how much money CA3 would gross if Spider-Man showed up? I think Titanic and Avatar would be distant competitors if it happened. Sony needs to understand this. They have F----- up Spider-Man since SM3 and are in the process of killing off his franchise as a money maker at Sony. They need to lose Creative Control and just take the Royalties and be happy with it.

Both of these revelations are extremely disappointing.
    "Once you're an avenger, it never fails. Sooner or later, the time comes when it's your turn to step up to the plate. Just make sure you're ready"

Okay, new information, from Latino Review, so take it as however you want.

-Having Spider-Man crossover with the MCU is still a possibility.
    -The female led movie may not be Black Cat after all, but a previously unseen character (ANYA?!).
    -The Aunt May movie is still on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

-Having Spider-Man crossover with the MCU is still a possibility.
    -The female led movie may not be Black Cat after all, but a previously unseen character (ANYA?!).
    -The Aunt May movie is still on the table.
    Latino Review were the same guys who said the next Hulk movie was definitely gonna be Planet Hulk and the Avengers films were building towards WWH.

They're full of bogus.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Leave it, is the appropriate response.

Still waiting on that Planet Hulk movie.

EDIT: Too slow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Which I will hate, cause Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 were not my thing.
    actually even if TASM series were in the MCU it still wouldn't work because the mtyhos haven't even been established yet. it wouldn't work if you pull a daredevil on spiderman this early

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    On the contrary. I hope it does well. I want Spidey to have good movies. If Marvel really wants Spidey in the MCU and accelerate the demise of Sony's rights they can put Spidey on TV. That way we get a lot of good Spidey material and eventually the rights revert.
    exactly. spiderman works better on tv which is why the raimi films were overrated since they haven't touched upon the entire mythos do did they intend. at least with TASM series they tried to give each supporting cast a cgharacter and plan to build them up and were desperately trying to slowly develop the mythos. seriously, if you compare spiderman to a show like dexter that is what spiderman should be instead of just his adventures in film teaming up with the avengers and junk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Yeah, the thought of Sony retaining "creative control" is a scary thought.

Spidey crossing over and appearing in a Civil War film could've been one of the biggest comic movie events ever, a lot of people would've been lining up to see that. What a shame it fell through, more for Sony.
    it's also stupid that sony gave up on this deal. i mean they would have control while marvel makes their movies that way they'll possibly make money. then again they might've seen they're own incompetence. it's not hard to come up with some ideas you know.

i also hope the next news is avi arad booted off from spiderman and replaced with someone good and who knows how to take care of the character and work with marvel so that TASM series would continue with grace and with a tv series

Man if Raimi came back and really got to do the movie he wanted to do as his final Spider-Man movie, I'd forgive almost everything Sony has done wrong with these films.

A Lego Spider-Man movie aimed at kids could work if those same creative parties from the first Lego movie were involved. DC characters shouldn’t be having all the Lego movie fun.
    Spider-Man appearing in Civil War? Hey, now. My pitch would be to make it the Miles Morales version. Chris Rock can play the father. (He should also write Spider-Man's jokes.) Eva Mendez can play the mother. Mike Epps can be the uncle. Mr. Garfield's a cool actor but let him stay in his own trilogy zone.
    I’m also leery of the Sony producers (Arad, et al.) getting creative input on any Spider-Man-featured MCU films (i.e., character choices, plot points, etc.). Of course now that the email hacking has been publicized? That might derail things. Oh, well.

By this point I don't know to be happy or sad. Spidey in the MCU would be great, but on the other hand Marvel keeps ruining all their comics because of the movies lately.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    exactly. spiderman works better on tv which is why the raimi films were overrated since they haven't touched upon the entire mythos do did they intend. at least with TASM series they tried to give each supporting cast a cgharacter and plan to build them up and were desperately trying to slowly develop the mythos. seriously, if you compare spiderman to a show like dexter that is what spiderman should be instead of just his adventures in film teaming up with the avengers and junk.
    Comics work better on TV as they are pretty much the same thing, each issue is an episode.