Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They released a movie in which Batman was crippled and depressed. I think it's safe to say audiences aren't afraid to see heroes put through the ringer.
    There is that way of looking at it. Then there's also the thought that, removing the protagonist for large chunks of the film isn't very productive. There were plenty of people that were pissed about the lack of Batman in a Batman movie.

Some of the arguments against the ASM franchise is about the lack of Spider-Man action Imagine the audience reaction when that's limited even more. If they adapted KLH in a manner where it's not a direct lift from the book and had elements to it. then why not I'd be interested in that. but not if it requires Peter being in a box for a significant amount of time.
    Last edited by Spider-Brit; 12-13-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's Hollywood. Everybody backbites and are egotistical to some degree or the other. It would be highly hypocritical of other studios to point fingers at Sony. I'm sure there are much worse people working elsewhere.
    Here, you have proof of the character flaws that doesn't exist with other horrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I'm not sure about a Spider-Man movie where Peter spends most of it buried in a grave. In either case, it just sounds like someone throwing some ideas around on paper rather than actually putting any of it into development. Ideas get thrown around all the time at studios, doesn't mean all of them ever make it to the finish line.
    It really doesn't work as the first gilm with a new Mary Jane.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's Hollywood. Everybody backbites and are egotistical to some degree or the other. It would be highly hypocritical of other studios to point fingers at Sony. I'm sure there are much worse people working elsewhere.
    Here, you have proof of the character flaws that doesn't exist with other horrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I'm not sure about a Spider-Man movie where Peter spends most of it buried in a grave. In either case, it just sounds like someone throwing some ideas around on paper rather than actually putting any of it into development. Ideas get thrown around all the time at studios, doesn't mean all of them ever make it to the finish line.
    It really doesn't work as the first film with a new Mary Jane.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It really doesn't work as the first gilm with a new Mary Jane.
    I think it works really well. Most fans expect the role MJ plays in Peter's life as his significant other and rock solid anchor, I wouldn't mind her at all being portrayed as that right out of the gate, there's no need anymore to see the journey from friend to lover because it's been well worn by now.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 12-13-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Sony are making a massive mountain out of a mole hill, TASM2 didn't perform badly infact I'd argue that was a good box office, and instead of sticking with moving TASM 3 back to 2018, so they can take their time and let the public breathe a bit, they are throwing the idea of a reboot around, like that is suddenly gonna make a 1Billion worldwide, Idk what to think. Unless they are not going to interfere at all, then nothing will change.

Give Webb and Co ASM 3 and do not interfere at all, and ta da!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

For the way he writes it, the guy at Sony who proposed it probably hasn't even read it. He's pitching it because he knows the story is well received, but is probably completely clueless about the content. I mean, just look at it:

I might suggest looking at what is widely thought to be the most beloved Spider-Man storyline of all time – “Kraven’s Last Hunt” – which ran across Amazing Spider-Man #293-294, Spectacular Spider-Man #131-132, and Web of Spider-Man #31-32. (In fact, Comic Book Resources polled their readers in 2012, and this storyline was voted as the single greatest Spider-Man storyline of all time.)
    It sounds like he googled "best spiderman stories", saw that KLH is very well received and copy/pasted the info from Wikipedia and now expects all the money and glory come to him.

I do like the idea of James Bonding Peter. There's no need to keep telling the origin every few years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    For the way he writes it, the guy at Sony who proposed it probably hasn't even read it. He's pitching it because he knows the story is well received, but is probably completely clueless about the content. I mean, just look at it:

It sounds like he googled "best spiderman stories", saw that KLH is very well received and copy/pasted the info from Wikipedia and now expects all the money and glory come to him.
    He really needs to do more research on the stories. He'll, let's leave last hunt alone and develop the stories and characters.

I do like the idea of James Bonding Peter. There's no need to keep telling the origin every few years.
    Agreed. But let's give andrew garfield another chance. He's proven to be a great Peter Parker and spiderman. I don't want his role to be the most controversial of spiderman roles

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Brit View Post
    There is that way of looking at it. Then there's also the thought that, removing the protagonist for large chunks of the film isn't very productive. There were plenty of people that were pissed about the lack of Batman in a Batman movie.

Some of the arguments against the ASM franchise is about the lack of Spider-Man action Imagine the audience reaction when that's limited even more. If they adapted KLH in a manner where it's not a direct lift from the book and had elements to it. then why not I'd be interested in that. but not if it requires Peter being in a box for a significant amount of time.
    And yet said movie has a really good critical rating, a good audience rating, and made over a BILLION dollars at the box office. So obviously it did something right. The critics seem to be in the minority on that one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Ballsy? More like rushed? I was thinking about marvel's no origin policy and thinking starting with kraven's last hunt would be a stupid idea and it is. The stories haven't been established yet and kraven and other villains and side characters need their proper introduction.
    Do they though? Pretty much everyone and their grandma knows the major Spider-Man supporting characters by that point. You don't need to "establish" them, that's been done in TWO separate continuities already. They can just be there. So that just leaves the villain, and any new supporting characters, which can easily be done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Do they though? Pretty much everyone and their grandma knows the major Spider-Man supporting characters by that point. You don't need to "establish" them, that's been done in TWO separate continuities already. They can just be there. So that just leaves the villain, and any new supporting characters, which can easily be done.
    They don't know anything about Betty brant, Robbie Robertson, Ned Leeds, foswell, Jameson, Octavious, vulture, KRAVEN, sandman, silver sable, Kafka, MJ, aunt may, crusher hogan, flash Thompson, Liz Allen, Harry Osborn, Norman Osborn, vermin, beetle, etc. there is so much rich history with the characters they need to be adapted into the small screen. Nobody knows who vermin and Ned Leeds are if they aren't established much like how they haven't even known who the real Edwin Jarvis is like

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn and Gwen Stacy had radically different arcs in the films, so filmgoers could be confused about the backstories.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I feel like what they should do is just start with Goddard's Sinister Six film as the Spider-Man reboot. Have it focus on Spider-Man and make it clear he has fought all these guys before (like they are doing with Affleck's Batman). Start Peter out as a sixteen year old entering his Junior year at high school. Have it take place around Christmas for a release on Christmas Day in 2017 (like Pascal wants). Have Peter already working at the Bugle and have J.K. Simmons back as J. Jonah Jameson. Have the second movie start the Venom thing by following the Ultimate version. Culminate the trilogy with Carnage (have a really sadistic villain for the final movie in the trilogy). Introduce Harry and Gwen in the second film and have Mary Jane show up at the end of the second one. The third one can be about Peter getting with Gwen and Captain Stacy's death making Peter promise to protect her. Shoot all these films back to back so they can take place Peter's Junior and Senior year. Start the fourth film with Green Goblin and have Gwen die. The fifth film can be Peter moving on with the help of Mary Jane. Avoid Clone Saga at all costs. Have the sixth film be Kraven's Last Hunt and Peter and MJ getting married.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

iMan 42s

Just make Amazing 1 the basis and the Mcu version much later on in his life so they can have a new actor and or replace him. Sony if they want can fill in the blanks.

If anything I hope they just choose a different spiderman so if Marvel can make a trilogy they can do it without the baggage of Sony. Imagine if 2099 was in civil war. Him revealing his idenity in the modern day would cause huge ramifications to his home timeline and better yet allow for new characters to appear in the MCU.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I feel like what they should do is just start with Goddard's Sinister Six film as the Spider-Man reboot. Have it focus on Spider-Man and make it clear he has fought all these guys before (like they are doing with Affleck's Batman). Start Peter out as a sixteen year old entering his Junior year at high school. Have it take place around Christmas for a release on Christmas Day in 2017 (like Pascal wants). Have Peter already working at the Bugle and have J.K. Simmons back as J. Jonah Jameson. Have the second movie start the Venom thing by following the Ultimate version. Culminate the trilogy with Carnage (have a really sadistic villain for the final movie in the trilogy). Introduce Harry and Gwen in the second film and have Mary Jane show up at the end of the second one. The third one can be about Peter getting with Gwen and Captain Stacy's death making Peter promise to protect her. Shoot all these films back to back so they can take place Peter's Junior and Senior year. Start the fourth film with Green Goblin and have Gwen die. The fifth film can be Peter moving on with the help of Mary Jane. Avoid Clone Saga at all costs. Have the sixth film be Kraven's Last Hunt and Peter and MJ getting married.
    Hey dude! I've seen you in cbm.com. Nice idea for a fan made version of TASM2. I hope it's being worked on because fan made videos should be attracted.

BANNED

More rumors to add to this, but long story short, any news of this would be revealed in February, and if this does happen, Kevin Feige is going to make sure that Avi Arad is as far away from Marvel Studios as possible.

http://www.screengonzo.com/2014/12/1...rly-next-year/