Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    More rumors to add to this, but long story short, any news of this would be revealed in February, and if this does happen, Kevin Feige is going to make sure that Avi Arad is as far away from Marvel Studios as possible.

http://www.screengonzo.com/2014/12/1...rly-next-year/
    Avi arad needs to stay far away from movies and television.

Think the multiverse concept could/should be used to introduce Spider-Man in the MCU?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    Think the multiverse concept could/should be used to introduce Spider-Man in the MCU?
    Yes. Screw origin stories he is from another dimension. Since we got spider-UK recently, he could be used as our introduction to Mcu spider-man.

A rookie Captain Britain is trapped in the MCU and is forced to create a new idenity considering how long he would be stuck here. He not only is a spider themed hero but a member of the Captain Britain corps which can also introduce Brian Braddock for good measure. We expand the universe and have a spider who isn't tied to the previous films and can be used to introduce a proper spiderman considering he hadn't existed before in this universe.

For civil war he could have possession of the MCU reality gem or something and considering the rift between Steve and Tony would want him on there side considering what he knows about the Multiverse and possibly coming threats.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

I hope after they make a deal they'll decide to release both directors cut versions of TASM 1and 2

Man, this is really heating up. If the rumors are true about the worst news hitting on Christmas Eve/Christmas, then things could get really ugly.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Doesn't Sony have a Spider-Man event scheduled for January?

Hopefully they clear the air then. Keep Garfield!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Man, this is really heating up. If the rumors are true about the worst news hitting on Christmas Eve/Christmas, then things could get really ugly.
    Do you have any link to the rumors?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Found this.

Just got word from a trusted source of mine over at Disney that sometime within the last week or so, Sony Japan and Sony Pictures renegotiated a deal with Marvel Studios. Nothing has been made 100% official yet, and the final decision is still set to be made in January at Sony's "Spidey Summit", but all of the plans are now in place. If Sony agrees to the deal, Marvel will then hold creative control over future Spidey films while Sony gets a share of the profits he makes, with marketing and distribution rights for all standalone films.

Spider-Man would be joining the MCU in a small but important cameo in Cap 3, with the first movie of a new franchise already being prepped for a 2018 release date. Marvel plans on skipping the origin story altogether for the first film and will jump right into Spider-Man being a hero for a few years, likely in college or just afterwards.

Marvel has already begun development on the script, and has begun looking at potential directors for the Spider-Man reboot. Marvel will not be bringing Andrew Garfield onboard, but has talked to him separately about possibly joining Marvel for another role in a future film of theirs.

Marvel already has a shortlist of actors in mind for the Peter Parker role that includes: Anton Yelchin, Dylan O'Brien, Freddie Highmore, Thomas Mann, Logan Lerman, Michael Angarano, Douglas Booth, Nat Wolff, and Skandar Keynes.

Announcement from Sony & Marvel coming sometime in late January/February, assuming the deal becomes official.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/co...apping_up_set/

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Going by that shortlist, I'd say Logan Lerman is the best of the bunch.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Do you have any link to the rumors?
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...r-large-757492

The email also said that a "Christmas gift" would be arriving soon that will "put Sony Pictures into the worst state." Countless Sony files, revealing everything from embarrassing email threads to salary details, have been released online following a Nov. 24 cyberattack on the studio.
    Also, the people who say people will still work with Sony, a lot of the e-mails started to reveal what the execs really think of actors and actresses, so I think that a lot of people are gonna flat out refuse working with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Going by that shortlist, I'd say Logan Lerman is the best of the bunch.

Agreed seen a lot of peiple trumpeting the Dylan O'brien name about though. However from what i've seen of Lerman he'd be a decent fit.

The supposed info from the Reddit thread doesn't sound too bad to me and I'm in favor of a reboot. Sony had two attempts to do Spidey justice on the silver screen and they eventually failed in both cases. Garfield was great as Spider-Man but I couldn't stand his Peter Parker, which is not because of his acting skills rather than because of the writing and direction of the films. I would welcome Marvel's decision to skip an origin story because we don't have to waste another 30 minutes on Peter being bit by a spider and hunting down Uncle Ben's killer.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    The supposed info from the Reddit thread doesn't sound too bad to me and I'm in favor of a reboot. Sony had two attempts to do Spidey justice on the silver screen and they eventually failed in both cases. Garfield was great as Spider-Man but I couldn't stand his Peter Parker, which is not because of his acting skills rather than because of the writing and direction of the films. I would welcome Marvel's decision to skip an origin story because we don't have to waste another 30 minutes on Peter being bit by a spider and hunting down Uncle Ben's killer.
    There's a rumor that the Spider-bite may happen in a post credit scene as a way of introducing the character to the MCU. although thats dependent on whether the deal can be finalised. Just imagine though say at the end of AoU post credit scene a spider on a strand of web lowering to a hand and then it bites. and off screen we hear a voice say "Peter are you ok?"

At this point, I'm gonna wait for the dust to settle, because this is a whirlwind of crazy. And it'll most likely get worse each passing day cause more info is being leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Brit View Post
    There's a rumor that the Spider-bite may happen in a post credit scene as a way of introducing the character to the MCU. although thats dependent on whether the deal can be finalised. Just imagine though say at the end of AoU post credit scene a spider on a strand of web lowering to a hand and then it bites. and off screen we hear a voice say "Peter are you ok?"
    This is actually a pretty clever way to handle the introduction of Spidey in the MCU, at least showcasing that Peter Parker exists in it. I liked the artwork recap sequences in the Raimy trilogy, those would've been another option to reintroduce Spidey in a new reboot. But the idea of a post credit scene is much more elegant.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."