Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel, Sony Discussed Spider-Man's "Captain America: Civil War" Involvement

Marvel Studios wanted to include Spider-Man in 2016's "Captain America: Civil War," according to emails leaked this week from the Sony Pictures hack.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

That's a crying shame, having Spidey in Civil War would have been interesting, though I would get the impression it might have felt a little rushed or forced in. Feels to me like Black Panther is in the Spidey role in Civil War, the lynchpin as it were. And an animated comedy? Little Spidey from Mini Marvels or the A and X-Babies universe, maybe?

The main question is what would have happened regarding Andrew Garfield's Spidey. Certainly there's nothing in the two films which directly conflicts with the idea of it being the MCU.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    That's a crying shame, having Spidey in Civil War would have been interesting, though I would get the impression it might have felt a little rushed or forced in. Feels to me like Black Panther is in the Spidey role in Civil War, the lynchpin as it were. .
    How on Earth could Black Panther play the Spidey role in Civil War? That makes less than no sense. In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of a character that would make less sense (Odin... there's one).

The only candidate I can think of for the Spidey role might be Paul Rudd's Ant-Man, depending on how they roll him out. They'd have to do something like fuse the Pym Particles with him so he has powers.
    Last edited by odum; 12-10-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

He's like the lynchpin, the person both Cap and Tony want on their team, starting on one before switching to the other? Maybe it won't happen but the youth of the character implied it to me.

Sony needs disney more than disney needs them

BANNED

does marvel even have a character in the MCU to fill spidey's role of being the everyman?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    does marvel even have a character in the MCU to fill spidey's role of being the everyman?
    Its gonna be Hawkeye...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    Its gonna be Hawkeye...
    Yes Because The guy who was a master marksmen for a government organization who barely showed any emotions at all clearly is the representation of the average american citizen..

Yes Because The guy who was a master marksmen for a government organization who barely showed any emotions at all clearly is the representation of the average american citizen..
    Star Lord then?

BANNED

no matter who they pick it's gonna be weird...because most of the marvel cinematic heroes are above the average person...even those without super powers share nothing in common with the people they protect

Spectacular Member

Maybe Daredevil, guys. He's going to be on Netflix... He'd make the most sense as a Spider-Man stand-in.

Im voting for the Prowler or Rocket Racer then...

Astonishing Member

no matter who they pick it's gonna be weird...because most of the marvel cinematic heroes are above the average person...even those without super powers share nothing in common with the people they protect

If we've learned anything from the Marvel movies and it's general success isn't it that no one really cares or needs an everyman character? Literally none of them are and no one questions the absence of such a character, this was always some concept that comic book fans blew out of proportion because the trope was relatively common at one point.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    If we've learned anything from the Marvel movies and it's general success isn't it that no one really cares or needs an everyman character? Literally none of them are and no one questions the absence of such a character, this was always some concept that comic book fans blew out of proportion because the trope was relatively common at one point.
    Thats why Im hoping Captain Marvel, or someone before her, brings this emotional level to the field...

Astonishing Member

I hope people do realize that this movie will be very different from the comic it is named after. Even with an increase in superhuman activity, there is no lynchpin character to fight over because the MCU is still so young. Aside from that Spider-man in a movie starring Cap, featuring Hawkeye, Falcon, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Crossbones, Iron Man and presumably Zemo would be a huge distraction.

Honestly, running down that list of characters, I'm really worried that Cap won't get nearly as much attention as he should for a film named Captain America. I really wish they'd gone with the Serpent Society. It seems like a logical progression in the wake of Hydra being outted.