Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well the Everyman on the MCU was Phil Coulson. Not anymore.

I don't believe that the Everyman is unnecessary or even missing from any MCU movies- they're just not the main protagonist- they're Happy, Coulson, Darcy...etc.

They exist so that the audience can see that these characters do inspire awe in regular people

This Civil War story isn't going to be the same as the Civil War series. Just like the Captain America Winter Soldier story line wasn't the same in the movie. There isn't going to be an everyman where it concerns secret Identities, because there really aren't any in the MCU. This is going to be more of a personal conflict between Cap and Iron Man, and probably the government trying to control superhuman/technologically advanced human activity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I hope people do realize that this movie will be very different from the comic it is named after. Even with an increase in superhuman activity, there is no lynchpin character to fight over because the MCU is still so young. Aside from that Spider-man in a movie starring Cap, featuring Hawkeye, Falcon, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Crossbones, Iron Man and presumably Zemo would be a huge distraction.

Honestly, running down that list of characters, I'm really worried that Cap won't get nearly as much attention as he should for a film named Captain America. I really wish they'd gone with the Serpent Society. It seems like a logical progression in the wake of Hydra being outted.
    Or the fact that there aren't any heroes with a secret identity at the current moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Sony needs disney more than disney needs them
    Not at all. Sony has the character they want. Marvel doesn't have anything that Sony ever had any expectation of wanting. Otherwise they would have made a play for other Marvel properties when the first trilogy was at it's peak.

I'm guessing the everyman will be...
    Rage.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

All-New Member

It's a shame that the talks fell apart, however what will feel weirder to me is a Civil War film without Luke Cage. His role was critical as well, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    Im voting for the Prowler or Rocket Racer then...
    But, being Spider-Man villains/characters, wouldn't Sony own them?

And, though Fantastic Four or X-Men/Deadpool/Wolverine would all be rebooted in the MCU, I can't help but feel, happy or not with the product, wanting to make their own stamp or not, The Amazing Spider-Man fits more.

Long as Spidey keeps swinging, and I at least get Venom, TASM3 and The Sinister Six, I'm happy.

Incredible Member

No, no, no, no, no. So. Damn. Close. ;___;

*sigh* Just buy Sony Pictures already, Disney.

(And 21st Century Fox once the old crook has finally croaked, while you're at it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mummra the ever living View Post
    Well the Everyman on the MCU was Phil Coulson. Not anymore.

I don't believe that the Everyman is unnecessary or even missing from any MCU movies- they're just not the main protagonist- they're Happy, Coulson, Darcy...etc.

They exist so that the audience can see that these characters do inspire awe in regular people
    In spoiler tags, any reason Coulson isn't anymore?

A Lego Spider-Man movie aimed at kids could work if those same creative parties from the first Lego movie were involved. DC characters shouldn’t be having all the Lego movie fun.
    Spider-Man appearing in Civil War? Hey, now. My pitch would be to make it the Miles Morales version. Chris Rock can play the father (and allow him to ad-lib, and write Spider-Man's jokes.) Eva Mendez can play the mother. Mike Epps can be the uncle. Mr. Garfield's a cool actor but let him stay in his own trilogy zone.
    I’m also leery of the Sony producers (Arad, et al.) getting creative input on any Spider-Man-featured MCU films (i.e., character choices, plot points, etc.). Of course now that the email hacking has been publicized? That might derail things. Oh, well.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Spider-Man appearing in Civil War? Hey, now. My pitch would be to make it the Miles Morales version. Chris Rock can play the father (and allow him to ad-lib, and write Spider-Man's jokes.) Eva Mendez can play the mother. Mike Epps can be the uncle.
    Holy sh** those are all such bad ideas!
    Last edited by Dwch; 12-10-2014 at 12:24 PM.

BANNED

The character Spider-Man together with the X-Men and the Fantastic Four NOT being a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is to me a blessing!
    Why?, because Marvel is forced to make use of other characters who have potential for popularity.

Instead of Spider-Man I yearn for a trilogy of Ant-Man, another insect-like marvel superhero
    Instead of the X-Men I yearn for a trilogy of the Inhumans, another uncanny race
    Instead of the Fantastic Four I yearn for a trilogy of the New Defenders Dr. Strange, Namor the Sub-Mariner, Brunnhilde the Valkyrie with her winged horse Aragorn and Nighthawk

In the last 10 + years the whole world knows Spider-Man, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four... now present to the world with the intent of incorporating them into the MCU ; Ant-Man, the Inhumans and the New Defenders

Quote Originally Posted by Dwch View Post
    Holy sh** those are all such bad ideas!
    Like John Boyega said, [B]get over it!!!!!!![/B]

Too bad they can't get a Professor X/ Captain America scene. They could talk about the consequences of wars and how not even an Avenger can stop certain things from happening because of our dual nature.
    (Was that subtle enough?)

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Not at all. Sony has the character they want. Marvel doesn't have anything that Sony ever had any expectation of wanting. Otherwise they would have made a play for other Marvel properties when the first trilogy was at it's peak.
    But Disney has money, something that Sony hasn't had much of recently and their whole company is hurting for it. So Disney has plenty of of what Sony wants, hence why they were probably willing to negotiate in the first place.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics