Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Anybody else ready to drop Batwoman?

I was one of those fans who stuck around after JWIII left, hoping to give another team a shot. And at first, it was good - not amazing, but the Wolf Spider arc and even the Nocturna arc were good reads. This new direction, which a lot of people thought had a lot of promise, just isn't doing it for me. Fighting mosters in space suits, being turned into Nocturna's vampire girlfriend, Alice coming back from out of nowhere, the sudden drop off of any interaction she had with her dad and her cousin Bette, and how they completely pushed Maggie to the side - it's like a totally different comic now. Not to mention the art. Not going to diss too bad on Jeanty, but he's not doing it for me, especially when one of the main reasons people kept hanging on to Batwoman for so long was the amazing art in the first place.

I feel bad leaving it, because I know this book will probably be cancelled soon anyways, but what can you do? I don't want to keep paying for lackluster story and art each month. What about anybody else? Are you in the same boat as me?

Astonishing Member

I'm not.

If most stopped reading Batman or Superman after a disappointing issue or arc, then his comic would have been canceled decades ago.

Amazing Member

They need a new writer stat.
    And a new direction for Batwoman.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I'm not.

If most stopped reading Batman or Superman after a disappointing issue or arc, then his comic would have been canceled decades ago.
    I get that. And that's why I stayed on after the initial team left. But it just seems like since then it's been sinking, and things haven't been improving. I get not canceling a series because of an uninteresting turn of events or villain. But month after month, its' not getting better now, and the essence of the character just feels different. Kate has less emotional development now, she feels more shallow. And I read comics just as much for the characters as I do for the action.

Ready to drop it?

Looking at the numbers, people have been more than ready for the last few months, even before all the Space nonsense began. You don't suck all the style and personality out of character as effectively as Andreyko has done and still keep people interested.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

It been dropped for a while, here. I just couldn't take the mediocrity anymore. They should just cancel the book and make Batwoman the main bat character in Gotham by Midnight. It would be a PERFECT fit.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Incredible Member

Did at #36, yes.

And considering her numbers are at what, almost 15k now?.. most people also got sick of it.

tbh it would be best to just cancel it and relaunch it with a new creative team. This one has too much baggage already and will be forever compared to the last creative team.

BANNED

I did it after #17.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    It been dropped for a while, here. I just couldn't take the mediocrity anymore. They should just cancel the book and make Batwoman the main bat character in Gotham by Midnight. It would be a PERFECT fit.
    Or DC could put Marjorie Liu on the book with some eclectic artist and see it flourish.

penetrator of things

I kind of like the idea of Batwoman and the Unknown. Mostly because of Ragman.

That's like, the most amount of Jews on one team ever.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

BANNED

Book needs to be cancelled. It's really eroded in quality.

I dropped it a few months ago. I don't miss it at all either.
    My Top 5 Comic Books I am reading are:

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

Way ahead of you... last arc was just cliched badness. Nothing about it going forward has made me think twice about the decision.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I dropped this one ages ago even before the fiasco with the creative team and I didn't seen anything about Andreyko's run since it started that has encouraged me to return to reading it. This one really needs a new direction and a new creative team on it ASAP but given the numbers it may just be easier for them to cancel it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I dropped around the time Nocturna appeared. Relaunching as "Batwoman & The Unknowns #1" would be ideal, especially if they could get Rucka back on board (he's working on Convergence, so maybe).
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

It needs nothing less than a cancellation and high profile relaunch a la Batgirl. Kate Kane is too cool a character and a mythos to let wither away like this. It's not so much the concept of last arc that has tanked the series - outer space with the Unknowns and Kate possibly now a lesbian vampire? that's all actually pretty cool - the problem is the issues themselves are almost void of actual content.