Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Both Williams and Andreyko runs have been bad. Best to cancel the book and only relaunch if Rucka is willing to do more for DC beyond Convergence.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Both Williams and Andreyko runs have been bad. Best to cancel the book and only relaunch if Rucka is willing to do more for DC beyond Convergence.
    If Rucka could be convinced to stick around I would love to read a Batwoman title penned by him again.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah sadly, this book is super bad now. Kate is one of my favorite DC characters but the quality just spiraled effortlessly down the poop shoot.

Rucka needs to return and ignore all the crap and just build back the character he created. More Renee, more Crime Bible, more family dynamics, more occult, more Kate being badass, more more more more.

It feel like there needs to be a support group for burnt out Batwoman fans. Kate is easily one of my favourite DC characters, and I've followed her since she showed up in 52, but now... Yeah, Batwoman is easily the worst book I'm still buying. If it was't for character loyalty I'd have dropped this a while back, now I just feel, I've lasted this long, I might as well go the extra few months until inevitable cancellation.

It just worries me that if the book gets cancelled, DC will see that as justification not to do ANYTHING with her, and she'll disappear into limbo. Which would still be better than the current situation, I guess.

Ultimate Member

IDK if DC would be willing to go that far. She is still one of their most prominent LGBT characters. Just getting rid of her entirely probably wouldn't go over well, especially after certain other decisions that they've made with her character.

But yes, the creative team shift really hurt the book. First of all, the art has taken a nosedive in quality. And the writing has taken a huge dip as well. It's just so uninspired, Andreyko seems to have massively regressed Kate's competency level (how Nocturna found out Kate's identity was pathetic and in no way fits her character. She'd never be that careless). They've pretty much dropped anything to do with her father or Bette, which is disappointing. And you break up one of the very few stable LGBT relationships in the Big Two, in an incredibly forced and contrived way, and you replace it with a pseudo-rapey lesbian vampire plot, ugh. It's just a mess all-around.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    IDK if DC would be willing to go that far. She is still one of their most prominent LGBT characters. Just getting rid of her entirely probably wouldn't go over well, especially after certain other decisions that they've made with her character.
    yeah, I'm a bit surprised by ppl saying it should be cancelled just w/ the intention to be relaunched. I'd thought we'd learn from Batgirl that a title can get a fresh, new look and vibe w/ a greatly increased level of interest without relaunching to #1. Batgirl may be the exception to the rule, but it can happen.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    I did it after #17.
    Hell, I gave up after issue #9. That To Drown the World arc with all the shifting time frames every two pages just made it not worth reading after a while.

I was thinking about picking it up again with issue #35 for The Demon and Ragman, but it sounded like it wasn't worth it.

Dropped it about the time of the Nocturna arc. I'd like to see it relaunched with a new creative team. I'd be curious to see what Lemire could do with the character.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

Dropped when Williams and Blackman quit.

Both Red Hood and the Outlaws and Batwoman need a major shift. Whether they're apart of the small relaunch after Convergence or just going to be cancelled for a bit, but something needs to be done with these books.

RHatO don't even sell 20k copies anymore, it is just spiraling down to awfulness. Batwoman hasn't been the same since Williams and Blackman left, they honestly should of cancelled it then.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm still greatly enjoying it, so no. Andreyko is a great writer, but needs a more dynamic artist. The current arc is definitely... odd. Not sure on it yet.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hell, I gave up after issue #9. That To Drown the World arc with all the shifting time frames every two pages just made it not worth reading after a while.
    Yeah, that was the arc that killed it for me too.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

All-New Member Yellow Lantern 15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, that was the arc that killed it for me too.
    Same here. Even with the fiasco last year. I always felt like the stories were never completed. Not like DONE done, but like the endings of the arc never felt like it was a concert story ending.
    What I read: Batman, Batgirl, Sinestro, Red Lanterns, Supergirl, Batman Eternal.

BANNED

I dropped when Wlliams and Blackman got out of the book. For what I see I'm not losing anything good or worth. Didio screw up the end of JH williams to put a friend on the book. Marriage is not ok but rape is? mind blowing the editorial decisions

BANNED

I'm actually beginning to like it even more lately, with the whole "team" element. I find that to be much more distinctive and interesting than what they've done so far.