Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Any thoughts as to who should be on such a title?
    Marjorie Liu + Goran Parlov

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    No, Janin needs to stay on Grayson as long as possible.

I'd bet any amount of money Greg Rucka will be relaunching it with a new number one in June though. No way DC talked him into coming back for a one-shot about Renee of all people and nothing else.
    I agree with all this and hoping for the same.

Even though Rucka has been really critical of DC in the past (as he should be) I'm hoping he gets to write her again, as she really flourished under his pen.

Also hoping for a retcon of the gross slash creepy storyline with Nocturna too.

Rucka has done this before (e.g. retelling Helena Bertinelli's origins in Cry For Blood and removing the kidnapping and rape from her origins) so I'm hoping he'll do the same thing with Kate Kane.

Assuming of course, he's reinstated onto the book in the first place.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

One thing I'd like to see in a new book is at least SOME sense of humor. Yeah, I understand this is a Bat book, sort of, and in general it should have a serious tone but wow, we've gone through 3 years of stories here and I can't remember a single light moment in all those issues. That's why I thought David might be a good fit; he's GREAT at writing three dimensional female characters, he can create great villains with a real sense of menace, but he knows how to lighten the mood at times, too.

BANNED

All New X-Factor was mediocre (as it's humor) and we don't want relaunched Batwoman to be cancelled once again.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    All New X-Factor was mediocre (as it's humor) and we don't want relaunched Batwoman to be cancelled once again.
    That's one opinion, doesn't happen to be mine. Can you think of a writer who's guaranteed to give the character a long run? Williams was well respected and connected to the character and it still got cancelled (and yes, the numbers were falling long before Andrekyo ever came on).

Very unlikely that Rucka returns, though stranger things have happened.

More to the point though, the character is strong enough to develop under other writers. It needs to be more than just a Rucka/Williams pet project if Batwoman is going to be an enduring character. And it deserves to be.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Very unlikely that Rucka returns, though stranger things have happened.

More to the point though, the character is strong enough to develop under other writers. It needs to be more than just a Rucka/Williams pet project if Batwoman is going to be an enduring character. And it deserves to be.
    Absolutely. I think if you limit your vision to "if Rucka writes it, it will be good, but anybody else will suck", you're pretty much dooming the character to constant cancellations.

BANNED

That's one opinion, doesn't happen to be mine. Can you think of a writer who's guaranteed to give the character a long run? Williams was well respected and connected to the character and it still got cancelled (and yes, the numbers were falling long before Andrekyo ever came on).
    If you're looking for a long run Brian Michael Bendis might be a winner.

If not Rucka, then I'd like to see a queer woman given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    If not Rucka, then I'd like to see a queer woman given a chance.
    Anyone in particular? I'm not up on things, I guess, but I can't immediately name any female comics writers that I am sure are gay.

Astonishing Member

I'm sticking with this to the end. It's not great - I mean the best thing I like about the Andreyko run is frankly all in costume design. Wolf Spider's costume is pretty great, and Alice's new Red Alice look is instantly appealing to me in ways that speak exactly to things that I find attractive in the other sex. But it's sooooo inferior to Williams/Blackman, which itself was inferior to Rucka, or even frankly Morrison's Batwoman guest appearances.

Hoping for good things to come in July, of course!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Anyone in particular? I'm not up on things, I guess, but I can't immediately name any female comics writers that I am sure are gay.
    Emily Carroll, Noelle Stevenson, and I believe Kate Leth come to mind, but they might be a bit too "different" for DC/Batwoman.

What about Devin Grayson as a possibility? Wasn't the initial plan to have her write Batwoman, way back after 52 came out?

Does she have any desire to even work with DC anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by michael-schofield View Post
    What about Devin Grayson as a possibility? Wasn't the initial plan to have her write Batwoman, way back after 52 came out?

Does she have any desire to even work with DC anymore?
    And would people buy anything by Devin Grayson?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yeah sadly, this book is super bad now. Kate is one of my favorite DC characters but the quality just spiraled effortlessly down the poop shoot.

Rucka needs to return and ignore all the crap and just build back the character he created. More Renee, more Crime Bible, more family dynamics, more occult, more Kate being badass, more more more more.
    Can't agree on the Crime Bible/occult stuff, all that garbage is one of the biggest millstones around the character's neck and needs to be buried, or at least go away for a long while. Dumb prophecies, the ludicrous Religion of Crime nonsense, palling around with werewolves and enslaved by vampires, it just pigeonholes her in a crappy, sub-JLD ghetto.