View Poll Results: Are you pleased with the AXIS #7 reveal?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hooray! Glad that Wanda and Pietro aren't being linked to Magneto any longer.

25 10.50%
  • Boo! Angry that Marvel would do such a thing and ignore years of comic history.

150 63.03%
  • Meh. Indifferent about Marvel's latest reveal.

63 26.47%
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Yes we should adopt this sentiment bad comics deserve to be cancelled, if Marvel wants our money they should up their game, unfortunately there are too many people that buy garbage they don't like.
    Indeed, it's criminal that AXIS was even allowed but sadly many will buy stuff like AXIS because it's an "Event" and they don't want to miss what's happening to their "Favorite characters".

Are they Hydra experiments created by Baron von Strucker like in the movies? Von Strucker hates mutants? Perhaps they were programmed from birth to destroy all mutants?

Jayyyyyy, great, another movie-wanking retcon.

Love you Marvel, you especially Remender!

*goes into a corner to puke*

Extraordinary Member

At least the splash page of Avengers 111 is a lot less creepy again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Yes we should adopt this sentiment bad comics deserve to be cancelled, if Marvel wants our money they should up their game, unfortunately there are too many people that buy garbage they don't like.
    Yes they do. That's why you vote with your wallet, not along party lines. Buy good books, ignore bad books, bit don't spite an entire company because they publish one book you don't care for. I couldn't give any less of a crap about 616 Tony Stark and his Superior Iron Man direction, but I still buy Marvel books because they print Ms. Marvel, my #1 title every month.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Yes they do. That's why you vote with your wallet, not along party lines. Buy good books, ignore bad books, bit don't spite an entire company because they publish one book you don't care for. I couldn't give any less of a crap about 616 Tony Stark and his Superior Iron Man direction, but I still buy Marvel books because they print Ms. Marvel, my #1 title every month.
    Problem is that not everyone agrees on what a bad book is and what a good one is, different tastes and all.

I mean, sometimes we do all agree on whats bad, like Axis, but not always.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Lol Your not getting it.

There is nothing to disagree about. There is over 30years of stories that build around Wanda and Quicksilver as characters that are now in some sense point less due to this event. And you keep falling on three stories as if your point is proven or that those were the only ones that mattered.

Your fine with the change good for you. However, it doesn't make anything I said this far any less factual.
    No facts are being disputed. It's a retcon that you're not happy with. OMD is a bigger deal than this IMO. It's not like Magneto or Bob was around to raise them. Even the retcon doesn't change the fact that they were raised by Django Maximoff and his wife. They still carry his name not Magneto's (whatever his last name is today) or the Franks
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-10-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Man, i am now terrified for Hank Pym.
    Yup, I think you have good reason to be....not only Hank but Wasp too.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Jan was already in jeopardy when Bendis was writing the Avengers. He kept her out of books for years.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Not really. Not only were they more popular before the Magneto retcon, but the idea of the "Magnus family" didn't really exist until the House of M world. After that world, we saw that family revived in the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon, plus the Exiles where Wanda and Lorna were sisters, and a couple of other things. But honestly, Wanda and Pietro are much more part of Django Maximoff's family than they are Magneto's. Any time they're really part of his family it's in an alternate universe.
    It was a pretty major plot point of X-men Evolution as well, as Wanda wanted revenge on her father after she escaped the mental institution.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    How so? She's still a mutant, having been detected by Cerebro and confirmed to have an X-gene many times. As for her Roma heritage, even if she was born to the Franks again, she was brought up Roma.
    Remember when the tests revealed Ben Reilly was the one true Spider-Man and Peter was the clone? We'll probably get some convoluted story where it's explained why they keep registering as mutants despite the lack of an actual x-gene, and that the High Evolutionary leaked this inaccurate data to Magneto in a Xanato's gambit style plan to get him to take them in and protect them until they could grow in power and realize their true destiny or some other such nonsense. It will be a fantastic mess of a plot used to force things to resemble the MCU. Remember Battle Scars?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Of course Magneto being their father was a retcon in of itself. I believe Whizzer and the original Ms. America where originally their parents, until it was changed to Magneto.
    The Whizzer/ Miss America parentage didn't factor into 30+ years of stories, it was practically forgotten after it was published. The Magneto/Wanda/Quicksilver relationship runs deeper in the 616 than stories involving the Whizzer and Ms. America as their father did.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    The Whizzer/ Miss America parentage didn't factor into 30+ years of stories, it was practically forgotten after it was published. The Magneto/Wanda/Quicksilver relationship runs deeper in the 616 than stories involving the Whizzer and Ms. America as their father did.
    Not really, since Magneto wasn't around to raise them. Anyway, point is this isn't the first time who their parents were was retconned.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 12-10-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Doesn't look that way if this removes Madga as their mother. She could have been pregnant with someone elses child.
    My prediction now: the Magda who is a Roma Sinte, who was married to Max/Magneto, is not their mother. Either their mother is a Roma of Transia who the High Evolutionary took in during the birth of the twins, or they don't have a mother, and the High Evolutionary created them. They are in some kind of story with the High Evolutionary next year, and I'm betting they will be revealed as his creations. (For the record, I am angry about today's retcon. I thought the Magnus Family was amazing, and the dramatic potential was never really tapped by Marvel writers.)

Don't know what Marvel is going to do now. But I'm guessing, the High Evolutionary had something to do with the twins. This makes a huge mess out of a lot of story lines, it's not a clean change at all. For example, the fight with Chthon (sp?) occurred on a particular night, way back in the late 1950s, so what does a later date for Wanda's birth mean in terms of her chaos-magic powers?

Anyway, the new story makes even less sense to me. Why in the world woud the H.E. (or anyone, for that matter) manipulate Magneto into thinking the twins were his children AFTER, way after, they'd already left the Brotherhood, they'd already formed hateful opinions about him. I mean, Magneto hardly had any effect on them whatsoever, except to give Wanda her "daddy-dearest" excuses to lose control. What would be the point?

And by the way, Wanda now comes across as a genocidal, racist, moron. "No More Mutants" was said by a delusional non-mutant who with the simplest of genetic tests (and there must have been many, because the Inhumans ran exhaustive tests on Pietro) could have determined who her parents really were. I think her character has been seriously harmed by this revelation, and the way she just determined the new "truth." Those of you who hated Magneto being her father, how does this make her look any better? Personally, I really like the idea of dealing with difficult parents, abusive or terrible parents, and facing the options of forgiveness, or acceptance, or the ideal of the family being preserved, or rejection. I like the drama of children who overcome parental obstacles, and rise above their origins. Marvel has wiped out this much more sophisticated story, in favor of comic book cliches.

But anyway, I don't know that the twins will be declared "Inhuman" but rather, genetic simulacrums created by the High Evolutionary, who apparently invented the story of where they came from, and Bova didn't know any better and repeated what the H.E. told her.

It would have been far better to do a "One More Day" thing, with Wanda's hex powers in todays AXIS #7; i.e., her powers always made the impossible possible, so while inverted, she literally changed her relationship to Magneto, changed her own heritage. This would change who she and Pietro are in the future, but not alter any stories of the past. But now because I realize there will be a push for some kind of High Evolutionary story with the twins next year, now I think we'll see that the H.E. was behind the entire thing, whatever that "thing" is.
    Last edited by Rivka; 12-10-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Unless HE knows about it too, Bova was the only source of the Magda/Madeline babies being switched. Until they run that paternity test, she could have been lying or just a crazy old cow.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-10-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Not really, all the movie did was give Scott Lang an ongoing book and maybe help make it easier to bring back Cassie. They only other thing the film could do is introduce Hope Pym to the 616 universe and introduce a new villainous Yellowjacket.

Incredible Member

Came here to commiserate about this new, completely unnecessary development. If Marvel didn't want people to associate Pietro and Wanda with Magneto, all they had to do was stop putting them together in comics.
    Right now, it feels like 30 years of continuity down the drain. Like some of you already mentioned, ALL the stories the "family" was involved in now seem stupid and pointless.
    As to the point that the Whizzer was their father until that got retconned, I don't think it really compares. Having Magneto as a father was a far better and interesting development...which is why they had so many stories revolve around that premise.
    I think Quicksilver / Scarlet Witch / Magneto can still "work" as characters without their relationship to each other, but for me, that added such a cool and relatable dimension to them : Magneto as a father, Wanda and Pietro as his children. But now it's destroyed and for what? So people who watch the movies won't be confused??? As if that actually matters?
    Should we send letters to Marvel informing them of our discontent?