View Poll Results: Are you pleased with the AXIS #7 reveal?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hooray! Glad that Wanda and Pietro aren't being linked to Magneto any longer.

25 10.50%
  • Boo! Angry that Marvel would do such a thing and ignore years of comic history.

150 63.03%
  • Meh. Indifferent about Marvel's latest reveal.

63 26.47%
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    That doesn't actually clarrify that they're not mutants though. It just says they're not blood related.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Well, that sucks.

But y'know, whether they're actually related or not, it says a lot that Magneto still rushed to Pietro's aid (after nearly killing him in "X-Men" #25 and mindwiping him in "X-Men" 111, of course). Related by blood? Apparently not. Dysfunctional? Certainly. But family? Always.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

does this mean she killed wiccan and speed off panel? or if they are ok then does this mean they aren't tommy and billy after all?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Everyone's entiled to there opinion but this is sorta silly.

There are probably over a hundred stories that make little sense and possibly "ruined"(lack of a better word) due to this single event. Long time fans have every right to be WTF on this one.
    Why are Scarlet Witch fans pissed off. This is a good thing no more ties to Magneto means no more pointless stories being tied to the X-men verse. Plus she and Quicksilver can be their own characters again without using ties to Magneto as a crutch for drama.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    So any guesses on which Inhuman fathered them?
    Adult Ahura, by time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    It;s just more Marvel propaganda to demote the X-Men more and give the Inhumans more prominence. That's what makes it offensive
    I don't think it really effects the X-Men all that much to be honest.

Wanda wasn't really a part of the X-Men side of things. Quicksilver was in X-Factor, but he was more on the Avengers side of things too. To the X-Men at least I'd say this is a pretty minimal change.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    does this mean she killed wiccan and speed off panel? or if they are ok then does this mean they aren't tommy and billy after all?
    I don't think Wanda is actually blood related to them. I think they had other actual parents.

you'd say wrong. damage control won't help this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Well, they're not the original Tommy and Billy, they're other people's children biologically. So they're not her "blood relatives."

Though exactly what her relationship is to Tommy and Billy kind of changes with the writer, much like Lorna's parentage.

I honestly don't care about this, it doesn't in anyway change my perception of either character nor does it destroy any enjoyment I've had with past stories involving them.

All this is going to do is create a new story where they try to locate their "real" family only for it to be reversed a few years from now.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Why are Scarlet Witch fans pissed off. This is a good thing no more ties to Magneto means no more pointless stories being tied to the X-men verse. Plus she and Quicksilver can be their own characters again without using ties to Magneto as a crutch for drama.
    She's the X Men's biggest villain. She will always be tied to them

Perhaps "Strike down my family" only works on those she thinks of as family and it's not reliant on blood. And she has reason not to think of Magneto as family.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

The real way to tell; put them on the Maury show.

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Meh, I'm okay with this, I hate all the muh daddy drama that Wanda and Pietro have gone through all these years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think it really effects the X-Men all that much to be honest.

Wanda wasn't really a part of the X-Men side of things. Quicksilver was in X-Factor, but he was more on the Avengers side of things too. To the X-Men at least I'd say this is a pretty minimal change.
    They're involvement with the X-Men isn't the point at all. It's Marvel, pushing Inhumans by taking things away from the Mutant universe. Here Inhumans, take the X-Men's original premise as your own. Save and protect the new Nuhumans. Here Inhumans, take theses mutants as your own so your universe has more established things tied to it.