View Poll Results: Are you pleased with the AXIS #7 reveal?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hooray! Glad that Wanda and Pietro aren't being linked to Magneto any longer.

25 10.50%
  • Boo! Angry that Marvel would do such a thing and ignore years of comic history.

150 63.03%
  • Meh. Indifferent about Marvel's latest reveal.

63 26.47%
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

trying to make inhumans relevant by giving them the x-men's worst enemy was a huge mistake.

I just think this makes Wanda and Pietro even MORE Confusing to understand!

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Why are Scarlet Witch fans pissed off. This is a good thing no more ties to Magneto means no more pointless stories being tied to the X-men verse. Plus she and Quicksilver can be their own characters again without using ties to Magneto as a crutch for drama.
    Stop using logic. You know comic book fans never want ANYTHING to ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think it really effects the X-Men all that much to be honest.

Wanda wasn't really a part of the X-Men side of things. Quicksilver was in X-Factor, but he was more on the Avengers side of things too. To the X-Men at least I'd say this is a pretty minimal change.
    Minimal or not, it goes to show what lengths Marvel's willing to go to change the books to be similar to their movies. It starts with stuff like costume changes, then it escalates to character retcons. It just seems threatening to some when characters who've been around for a while to have their history's messed around with on account of mainstream media's relevance.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Marvel themselves messed with their origin many years ago, Prince of Orphans

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Only one explanation for all this.... the Whizzer!

QFT...a lot of younger fans don't realize that Bob and Madeline Frank were originally given to be Wanda and Pietro's parents. It does make some sense in a comic book sciencey way since Pietro and Whizzer are both speedsters. Neither Wanda or Pietro have powers similar to Magneto's. When you think about it Wanda's power doesn't really have to be a mutant power anyway. Its been out there for years that she is a nexus being and her magic skills can be taught.

It wasn't until later that Byrne and Claremont got the OK to change it. The only thing they used as the link was when Neal Adams was the first artist to draw Magneto without his costume. We never saw much of Magneto's features since he never took off his helmet until that Savage Land story in the Thomas/Adams run. Hair coloring is a pretty weak link to go by IMO. His dad could just as easily been the MU version of Steve Martin.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-10-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    Meh, I'm okay with this, I hate all the muh daddy drama that Wanda and Pietro have gone through all these years.

she's a drama queen... and that makes house of m much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    They're involvement with the X-Men isn't the point at all. It's Marvel, pushing Inhumans by taking things away from the Mutant universe. Here Inhumans, take the X-Men's original premise as your own. Save and protect the new Nuhumans. Here Inhumans, take theses mutants as your own so your universe has more established things tied to it.
    Yeah, but since Wanda and Quicksilver aren't really major parts of the X-Men side of things anyways, I'm just saying it's really not that big a deal. If it props up the Inhumans without really damaging the X-Men, it seems a fair enough trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    QFT...a lot of younger fans don't realize that Bob and Madeline Frank were originally given to be Wanda and Pietro's parents. It does make some sense in a comic book sciencey way since Pietro and Whizzer are both speedsters. Neither Wanda or Pietro have powers similar to Magneto's. When you think about it Wanda's power doesn't really have to be a mutant power anyway. Its been out there for years that she is a nexus being and her magic skills can be taught.

It wasn't until later that Byrne and Claremont got the OK to change it. The only thing they used as the link was when Neal Adams was the first artits to draw Magneto for the first time. We never saw much of Magneto's features since he never took off his helmet until that Savage Land story in the Thomas/Adams run. Hair coloring is a pretty weak link to go by IMO. His dad could just as easily been the MU version of Steve Martion.
    I need to read it.lorna is now his only child ?

So, if Wanda is no longer Magda's daughter, is she guilty of cultural appropriation?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Pietro can't be Inhuman though cause the big thing about Luna is that she's half mutant/half Inhuman. But I guess that's gonna be gone too.

Heh...you weren't even around when I first read about how Bob and Madeline Frank were their parents. Bob Frank was there to help celebrate Luna's birth. The Magneto link came after.

Since this thread is technically about Axis...is Deadpool dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Minimal or not, it goes to show what lengths Marvel's willing to go to change the books to be similar to their movies. It starts with stuff like costume changes, then it escalates to character retcons. It just seems threatening to some when characters who've been around for a while to have their history's messed around with on account of mainstream media's relevance.
    Fair enough. Though given that Magneto being their kids was marvel messing with the histories in the first place, I wouldn't exactly say this sort of thing is exactly out of bounds. It's retconning a retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Marvel themselves messed with their origin many years ago, Prince of Orphans
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Fair enough. Though given that Magneto being their kids was marvel messing with the histories in the first place, I wouldn't exactly say this sort of thing is exactly out of bounds. It's retconning a retcon.
    I realize that, but in this case it's clearly because of outside reasons related to the movies. Does it make it any less wrong the comics are being changed to match the movies when they don't necessarily have to? Seems unnecesary imo. I don't think just because their origins were retconned before makes it more fair. If anything, it just makes it more messy.

I personally liked the Magneto connection. I felt it added something and helped tie together the MU a bit. It provided some good interactions and crossover potential.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 12-10-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Honestly, I see this as good news. Driven by the films or not, it allows Wanda and Pietro to become their own characters, especially the former. Look at it this way: if you're a big fan of the twins, you should be happy because Marvel is obviously interested in pushing the AVENGERS, and the two are about to become firmly planted in the spotlight.

The daddy issue deal was getting into Jean/Scott/Logan love triangle levels of absurdity.

Ultimate Member

Wait a minute, the book didn't say they were Inhumans.

It said they are not Magneto's kids.