View Poll Results: Are you pleased with the AXIS #7 reveal?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hooray! Glad that Wanda and Pietro aren't being linked to Magneto any longer.

25 10.50%
  • Boo! Angry that Marvel would do such a thing and ignore years of comic history.

150 63.03%
  • Meh. Indifferent about Marvel's latest reveal.

63 26.47%
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I realize that, but in this case it's clearly because of outside reasons related to the movies. Does it make it any less wrong the comics are being changed to match the movies when they don't necessarily have to?
    It's not necessarily an issue of whether or not they have to or not... it's more a matter of whether or not the retcon gives them a story to tell. It's why we get retcons in the first place. This stuff happens even when movies aren't a factor in the equation.

If it gives the Inhumans more stuff to work with, without adversely effecting the X books in anyway, then I don't see it as that big a deal. If it were say turning Storm or Wolverine into an Inhuman I could understand the complaints... but with Wanda, a character who was sort of retconned into Mags family in the first place, I don't think it's something to lose too much sleep over.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I realize that, but in this case it's clearly because of outside reasons related to the movies. Does it make it any less wrong the comics are being changed to match the movies when they don't necessarily have to? Seems unnecesary imo. I don't think just because their origins were retconned before makes it more fair. If anything, it just makes it more messy.

I personally liked the Magneto connection. I felt it added something and helped tie together the MU a bit. It provided some good interactions and crossover potential.
    I never did like it myself and good riddance to that link. It was just Byrne shoe-horning something in because Pietro and Mags had the same hair color.

But Madga did got to Wundagore and give birth? Maybe Magneto does have another child out there?

Also Doom saying "Who has done what to your family witch?"
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-10-2014 at 09:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Wait a minute, the book didn't say they were Inhumans.

It said they are not Magneto's kids.
    Exactly. More info to come, surely.

CyclopsWasRight
    Honestly, I see this as good news. Driven by the films or not, it allows Wanda and Pietro to become their own characters, especially the former. Look at it this way: if you're a big fan of the twins, you should be happy because Marvel is obviously interested in pushing the AVENGERS, and the two are about to become firmly planted in the spotlight.

The daddy issue deal was getting into Jean/Scott/Logan love triangle levels of absurdity.
    Yes, I think Wanda and Pietro's issues with their father have been done to death over the years. New territory for them would not be unwelcome.

I've been done with marvel for months. It amusing to see how much more they can make their books suck.
    Keep pissing off loyal long time fans marvel, eventually those millions of movie fans will start buying you books LOLOLOL.

I realize that, but in this case it's clearly because of outside reasons related to the movies. Does it make it any less wrong the comics are being changed to match the movies when they don't necessarily have to? Seems unnecesary imo. I don't think just because their origins were retconned before makes it more fair. If anything, it just makes it more messy.

I personally liked the Magneto connection. I felt it added something and helped tie together the MU a bit. It provided some good interactions and crossover potential.
    Honestly I liked it too.

We'll see what they end up replacing it with.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not necessarily an issue of whether or not they have to or not... it's more a matter of whether or not the retcon gives them a story to tell. It's why we get retcons in the first place. This stuff happens even when movies aren't a factor in the equation.

If it gives the Inhumans more stuff to work with, without adversely effecting the X books in anyway, then I don't see it as that big a deal. If it were say turning Storm or Wolverine into an Inhuman I could understand the complaints... but with Wanda, a character who was sort of retconned into Mags family in the first place, I don't think it's something to lose too much sleep over.
    I suppose it's an integrity issue for some? I don't like retcons whether they're affected by the movies or not. It just takes away some cohesiveness from previous stories for me. It's not what I'd say is necessary in telling a story, especially a good one. And like I said before, it starts small and subtle and then eventually becomes one of your favourite characters tied to the moon :P

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Exactly. More info to come, surely.

Yes, I think Wanda and Pietro's issues with their father have been done to death over the years. New territory for them would not be unwelcome.
    I agree. I don't think it really helped that much. I really hated the way Bendis had her wailing "Daddy" about a guy she spent most of her life without him being there.

As much as the MCU influence over the comics bug me, I'm fine with this. Magneto will still have the father/child relationship with them, but now there's a fresh twist to make a stale storyline interesting again-- he's not their biological father. However, that's if they keep Magneto and the twins associated with each other. It also allows Polaris to take the spotlight as Magneto's sole child, rather than being lost in the twins' shadow.

The only thing I don't like is that it's a shallow retcon that makes a lot of prior stories and developments redundant; which is actually a big thing.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

The problem isn't the retcon itself but the motivations behind it.

If there was even the pretense that this was made purely to tell new stories, it'd be somewhat okay, but we all know the real reason. The fact that we're retconning things due to movie rights and strife between studios bugs me.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    The only thing I don't like is that it's a shallow retcon that makes a lot of prior stories and developments redundant; which is actually a big thing.
    This, its just changing things to change them, it doesn't actually make stories better. It also takes away from the twins, having the connection was neither good nor bad but it was interesting, this... much less so.

They're both actually demon mutants.

Cthon is their daddy.

Extraordinary Member

I imagine that if I was just reading the books every month without being exposed to all of the hype and behind the scenes stuff talked about here that I would probably love a change like this.

However, and while I am not sure how exactly this changes their status from mutants to Inhumans, at the least it makes it official that they are not related to Magneto so that when FOX uses the twins as his kids then someone will write an article about how FOX is wrong and that the MCU interpretation is accurate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, but since Wanda and Quicksilver aren't really major parts of the X-Men side of things anyways, I'm just saying it's really not that big a deal. If it props up the Inhumans without really damaging the X-Men, it seems a fair enough trade off.
    There's more to the heritage than just the X-Men. There are several stories involving Wandas and quicksilver link to magneto and being a mutant. In this situation the X- Men are irrelavent all together.

God what a stupid and pointless retcon. I was hoping the extent was only gonna be tat they were Inhuman decent from their mother but no, they literally rewrite the entire mthis behind the two. Not only that but it undermines the brother/sister relationship X-Factor's built withPietro and Lotna since they're nomlonger related at all. God this is the first time the movies affecting comics has annoyed me since now it's not just messing with minor things like costumes.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 12-10-2014 at 09:54 AM.