Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man #11 Spoilers/Discussion

Wowza, what an epic last few pages. I can't say I didn't see it coming, but man was it great from the art to the reveal. I reviewed it with pictures here if anyone is interested.

Art by Olivier Coipel is pretty spectacular. The first few pages of Superior vs. Spider-Man are a bit claustrophobic, but the issue really opens up with a beautiful double page spreads intermixed with panels. His rendering of the a certain dimension is flat out spot on and is really weird to see coming from the usual hyper detail he implores. When the final showdown hits though, dear god is it beautiful. He makes Cosmic Spider-Man look biblical in epic purity, while the inheritors are horrific and domineeringly scary. All around his work makes this comic seem as vivid as a news broadcast.

Onto spoilers!

spoilers:

The book opens with Peter of 616 telling Superior Spider-Man of 616 he is in charge because he's had more interaction with Inheritors. Superior disagrees since he's been studying them for weeks. Superior seems to think Peter is from the past, not the future, which helps when they fight. Peter says something about how Superior can't kill him or he'll kill himself. Knock out punch!

We then cut to Earth 13989 where the helmet Inheritor who's trying to make amends to his father is killing a Spider-Wolf. The father asks the Weaver to send him to another planet with another, harder Spider totem to kill. The father of the inheritors says he's going to take a bunch of them to kill a bunch of the Spider totems who are hiding in the Cosmic Spider-Man dimension (the Safe Zone Earth 13).

Cut to the Safe Zone and we check in on Spider-Man 2099 which appears to be before the tie-in started. Gwen and Peter have a moment and they agree to protect each other. Peter plans to go to Spider-Man Noir's universe to give him a gadget Superior made so the Inheritors won't find him. Peter then asks Miles and a younger version of Peter to go recruit more Spider totems. They jump into a cartoon dimension to recruit a cartoon Spider-Man.

Cut back to the Safe Zone and the Inheritors are there along with the father, calling himself Solus. He goes toe to toe with Cosmic Spider-Man in an epic battle. Captain Spider is eaten, as well as Spider-Monkey. Cosmic Spider-Man kills one of the Inheritors, the leader of the clone world, who quickly turns into a clone and is regrown on his home clone planet. We get a check in with the Scarlet Spiders clones who are about to infiltrate his factory.

Cosmic Spider-Man is then eaten by Solus. Yikes!

Big reveal at the end...the Scion is the baby Ben!
    end of spoilers

What did you guys think?
    Last edited by Nosocialize; 12-10-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

This was amazing IMO! Its been a long time since i read a good Spider Man event like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    This was amazing IMO! Its been a long time since i read a good Spider Man event like this one.
    I really can't recall any event I've liked as much as this one. It's about as epic as Civil War was imo.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Poor Otto, haha. If he only knew ... he could have gutted Peter and been done with it.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Poor Otto, haha. If he only knew ... he could have gutted Peter and been done with it.
    Otto always did have consistent weakness in ego are really that surprised.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Spider-Monkey!
    end of spoilers

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

BANNED

Very pleased with who the scion is.

BANNED

*sigh* at least there were a few deaths that were well done and the twist was absolutely perfect

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, there goes the "Safe" Zone....

And I knew the Scion couldn't be Peter.

Will be sad if Mayday has to give up her Baby Brother because he's the Scion.

didnt see that big reveal coming.... though im not sure why i didnt as it was a good twist. Guess im just too hooked right now to see something I should have predicted based on it being too good a twist. Kudos to Dan on that one.

BANNED

Nice to see there is no more "safe zone". Loved the escalation in this issue. It looks like the Spiders are facing a truly insurmountable threat. And Peter's way of dealing with Spock was brilliant.

BANNED

Okay spoilers:
    NOW these guys are a threat if they're able to kill of Cosmic Spider-man. Also here's hoping Tom Defalco can salvage what Dan Slott has given us with baby Benjy.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Okay spoilers:
    NOW these guys are a threat if they're able to kill of Cosmic Spider-man. Also here's hoping Tom Defalco can salvage what Dan Slott has given us with baby Benjy.
    end of spoilers
    I'm starting to wonder just how much input DeFalco has into this actually...this IS a pretty big development for a character he created, and certainly demonstrates how highly Slott thinks of the Spider-Girl canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Okay spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Slott remembers the kid and he's still evil? Jeez.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I'm starting to wonder just how much input DeFalco has into this actually...this IS a pretty big development for a character he created, and certainly demonstrates how highly Slott thinks of the Spider-Girl canon.
    spoilers:
    Especially when you consider how Slott Killed off the MC-2 Universe Peter and neglected to involved the MC-2 Universe Kaine in the fight and also Darkdevil in the fight as well.
    end of spoilers